Ronald Reagan Was the Greatest President in U.S. History

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Social Lounge
ACCORDING to THE IDIOTIC, UNEDUCATED AMERICAN PUBLIC....

And OBAMA is a better president than Roosevelt...

Really Americans? REALLY?
Less than three years into his first term, more Americans identify Barack Obama as the best-ever president than Theodore Roosevelt or Thomas Jefferson.
Gallup, in a poll released Friday, asked 1,015 adults to name the president they regard as the greatest in history.

Ronald Reagan finished first at 19 percent, followed by Abraham Lincoln at 14 percent and Bill Clinton at 13 percent.

One in 20 named Obama — who ranked seventh overall — behind Franklin Roosevelt but ahead of his Republican distant cousin, Theodore.

The survey, taken to coincide with Presidents Day, says more about how little historical perspective normal Americans have than about actual historic significance.

Recent presidents tend to dominate the list — in part because their names are easiest for respondents to remember. The four most recent presidents, for example, landed in the poll’s top 10, while Andrew Jackson, the first modern president, was rated No. 1 by less than one half of 1 percent of respondents.

One of three presidents — Lincoln, Reagan or Kennedy — has been on top the past 12 years.

Franklin Roosevelt, who led the country through the Depression and World War II, finished first in 1956. Now, he’s sixth.

Partisan leanings also influence people’s choices: Thirty-eight percent of Republicans say Reagan was the greatest and 22 percent of Democrats name Clinton. Among Democrats, Obama finished third behind Clinton and Kennedy.

George W. Bush was fifth among self-identified Republicans, and 10th overall.

The poll was conducted from Feb. 2-5. The margin of error was plus or minus 4 percent.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49836.html#ixzz1EN0iFNPK

Comments

• tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what do you expect when most ppl never cared about history in elementary/high school

and only know the presidents because they are on currency
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    i'm going to go back to my theory that Americans insist that the time their precious lives were going on is when all the BEST and WORST things EVER happened. including presidents.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Americans are really stupid.
  • DaConcierge
    DaConcierge Members Posts: 101
    edited February 2011
    Options
    REGAN SUCKED AZZ!! Example: Decided that usa can get cheaper steel outside the usa. Closing steel mills across the states, putting families out of jobs.

any president who was in charge during slavery
    REGAN
    BUSH,sr
    BUSH,jr

sux azz
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Obama seems to think Reagan is the best too.
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Americans are really stupid.

What are the top three nation where the citizens are all smart ?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What are the top three nation where the citizens are all smart ?

China, Finland, and South Korea
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »

Ronald Reagan Was the Greatest President in U.S.History

ACCORDING to THE IDIOTIC, UNEDUCATED AMERICAN PUBLIC....

"Ronald Reagan finished first at 19 percent"

NINETEEN PERCENT
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options

NINETEEN PERCENT

Because 85% of the US population under 30 have no idea who Regan is.
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    China, Finland, and South Korea

Certainly many smart people among the billion or so Chinese. However,

Big percent of Chinese working hard for peanuts,
    in factories with safety/health conditions like American factories at the turn of the century,...
    and in rural conditions like USA in the 1930's W.Va.

The Chinese holding gobs of US dollars ,... basically selling US stuff on credit,.... smart ?

I'd agree about N.Korea and Finland.

S.Korea caught tween N.Korea and USA ,.... they are very computerized,.... and Finland does well for itself as far as I know
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Because 85% of the US population under 30 have no idea who Regan is.

Then they didn't vote for him. I suspose the under 30 segment would mostly vote for Obama,... with some for Bill Clinton.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Certainly many smart people among the billion or so Chinese. However,

Big percent of Chinese working hard for peanuts,
    in factories with safety/health conditions like American factories at the turn of the century,...
    and in rural conditions like USA in the 1930's W.Va.

The Chinese holding gobs of US dollars ,... basically selling US stuff on credit,.... smart ?

I'd agree about N.Korea and Finland.

S.Korea caught tween N.Korea and USA ,.... they are very computerized,.... and Finland does well for itself as far as I know

What you said about China bears no weight on their intelligence, treating citizens like ? and refusing to create a safer workplace doesn't change the fact their students have higher marks in reading, writing, science, and mathematics than US students do and the average IQ is higher there.

America is a ? hole for intelligent people, we're a bunch of lazy uneducated ? that instead of learning to be scientists or engineers we are told to choose a school to teach us how to do one simple career and ? the rest.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Then they didn't vote for him. I suspose the under 30 segment would mostly vote for Obama,... with some for Bill Clinton.

Which is why it's only 19% and not higher. America is a very uneducated nation now, no way should Obama be that high, or Clinton that low. Clinton had his issues but outside of not getting healthcare done I have no issues with his presidency.
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Which is why it's only 19% and not higher. America is a very uneducated nation now, no way should Obama be that high, or Clinton that low. Clinton had his issues but outside of not getting healthcare done I have no issues with his presidency.

America is a highly MIS"educated" nation now. American youth are HIGHLY educated about who the latest music wonder is,.. or what movie is hot or what fashion is in or out

or a host of subjects other than dull old mathematics [mostly taught by dull old crackers] and history [mostly written by dull ole dead crackers] and engineering [mostly taught by dull old crackers].

Darkwell's initial claim that stupid old Americans IN GENERAL voted for RR is false.

Like I done tole ya,... only 19% voted for RR. Not stupid ole Americans in general.

[and since RR was a modern POTUS, maybe more youth voted for RR than I thought a while ago]
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    BTW - I got more and better reasons to bash RR than you and your buddies do.
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What you said about China bears no weight on their intelligence, ...............

I'm confident intrinsic intelligence is equal world wide.
    But all cultures are not equally conducive to producing widespread properity and stability.
    treating citizens like ? and refusing to create a safer workplace doesn't change the fact

That the citizens have allowed themselves to get in the over worked under paid SLAVE LIKE condition they are in

is as much a reason to slam their general intelligence as you have to slam Ameircan general intelligence.
    their students have higher marks in reading, writing, science,
    and mathematics than US students do

And as they absorb more America culture [like hip hop, for instance]
    and as they make more money to spend on drugs and pop/Hollywood entertainment
    ... their interest in the dull old subjects you cite will wane.
    and the average IQ is higher there.

Oh, so now IQ test are very meaningful.

Normally I hear from the "hip hop" types that IQ test are just designed by crackers to make blacks feel inferior.
    America is a ? hole for intelligent people,
    we're a bunch of lazy uneducated ? that instead of learning to be scientists or engineers
    we are told to choose a school to teach us how to do one simple career and ? the rest.

America has been a haven for people to DECIDE FOR THEMSELF

if they want to be a lazy uneducated ? ,

... or if they want to be a hard working educated ? .
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited February 2011
    Options
    30% of American are really stupid, there is not debating that fact. The 19% mentioned also watch Glen Beck and think Sarah Palin is a great person. But it is the same everywhere, if not worse so America is no different.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Oh, so now IQ test are very meaningful.

Normally I hear from the "hip hop" types that IQ test are just designed by crackers to make blacks feel inferior.

More like the Nation of Islam or black racist types Mr. Peckerwood, stop your stereotyping ? .

America has been a haven for people to DECIDE FOR THEMSELF

No, not really. It's either go to college and be conditioned for a job that you can choose as long as they give it or go to the military and be conditioned to be heartless toward others. No choice in that.
    if they want to be a lazy uneducated ? ,

... or if they want to be a hard working educated ? .

It's not easy to be hard working and educated in a country that now has you driving an hour to and from work and working 14 hour shifts. Or in a country that more than half the population works over 18 hours a day in multiple jobs to provide for the overly priced "luxuries" like food and water.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

NINETEEN PERCENT

Gotta actually cosign this post. Darc actin like it's the American people declaring Reagan the GOAT. It's 19 percent of Americans, less than 1/5th, and we know that's mostly the tea party crowd. These kind of polls don't really mean ? .

It's just like saying Rush Limbaugh is America's most popular pundit with 5% of all Americans tuning in every day. Nevermind that the other 95% of us don't bother with him, he's still America's favorite commentator?
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    30% of American are really stupid, there is not debating that fact. The 19% mentioned also watch Glen Beck and think Sarah Palin is a great person. But it is the same everywhere, if not worse so America is no different.

Stupid people generally means "people who adamently disagree with me" about this or that.

Intelligence is strange,.... Ever hear of the book "Best and Brightest" ? A point of the book is that the men that got America into the quagmire disaster of war in Vietnam were people that most people think of as the "best and brightest". Grads of prestegious universities. People who speak confidently,... very clever,... very glib,... but got USA into a war on the other side of the world killing people who most of whom had never heard of USA, much less did any harm to USA.

And did the "best and brightest" that run USA learn much ? Is USA benefitting from USA troops killing and dieing in MidEast ?
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    who sang "hard world to get a break in .. all the good things have been taken" ?

JP: Normally I hear from the "hip hop" types that IQ test are just designed by crackers to make blacks feel inferior.
    More like the Nation of Islam or black racist types
    Mr. Peckerwood, stop your stereotyping ? .

chuckle, chuckle,..... Hey, if I can take being routinely called "? " without whining,.....
    but I agree your terminology is more accurate,
    so consider my comment ameded: delete " hip hop types" and replace with "N.of Islam/B.racist types".
    No, not really. It's either go to college and be conditioned for a job that you can choose as long as they give it
    or go to the military and be conditioned to be heartless toward others. No choice in that.

The choices are not limited to college or military.
    It's not easy to be hard working and educated in a country that now has you driving an hour to and from work and working 14 hour shifts. Or in a country that more than half the population works over 18 hours a day in multiple jobs to provide for the overly priced "luxuries" like food and water.

Tough. Really, it is tough. Easy to see why many end up in drugs and crime.

I'd proffer some advice, but coming from an old crazy [officially certified for 37 years] bible thumpin ? ,

it would only irritate you.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Since no other pundit gets 5% of the population to tune in every day then, yes, he is America's most popular pundit.

It's called, the laws of physics, for you dumb fuccs.

I didn't say most popular, you did.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    america is very ahistorical....and we have historical tunnel vision....id say that his recent death which led to these glamorous dedications to him on television and print provided great guidance to this turnout.

if it was 10 years ago the results may have noticeably different

and who knows w/ these damn polls...they could be interviewing chairmen and ceos and shti..of course they would liek him
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited February 2011
    Options
    America is a highly MIS"educated" nation now. American youth are HIGHLY educated about who the latest music wonder is,.. or what movie is hot or what fashion is in or out

or a host of subjects other than dull old mathematics [mostly taught by dull old crackers] and history [mostly written by dull ole dead crackers] and engineering [mostly taught by dull old crackers].

Darkwell's initial claim that stupid old Americans IN GENERAL voted for RR is false.

Like I done tole ya,... only 19% voted for RR. Not stupid ole Americans in general.

[and since RR was a modern POTUS, maybe more youth voted for RR than I thought a while ago]

maybe dull ole crackers need to stop teaching
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've told you deceitful types, many times, that there's no such element in America as a Black racist because they possess no power. Blacks can not effectively be racist, in America, because racism is meaningless when it can NOT effect a society.
    whether or not it is "meaningless" does not mean it cannot exist.

but go ahead and throw out the personal attack i know you have to respond to this post with.
This discussion has been closed.