Official NBA Trade Deadline thread.

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The Celtics may feel they have a better chance at resigning Green than Perkins, who rejected a extension from them. To me though, this is a move more about NOW than the future.

With Melo now in the East, the concern of dealing with Miami and LeBron in the ECF, and Marquis Daniels out for the rest of the year, the main concern went from having enough big men to deal with Orlando and LA to be able to guard out on the perimeter. Before this trade, they had no one to give Pierce a break on the defensive end. Now, they have someone who can play the "James Posey" role and enable them to play small. Give them a lil flexibility.

Bruh ......Celtics were the Clear Cut best Team in the East, nobody viewed them getting worked over in a 7 game series, anything could happen but Celtics had the Most complete squad....they had the PG, Wing Players, Inside Game ,solid bench

they Just Got that Much weaker on the inside for "Another Wing Player"

the Trade made absolutely no sense.....
  • brocktonpatriot
    brocktonpatriot Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    aye them ? not ? with us come postseason this year ... trust that .. u can post all that advantage ? u want .. them old ? better try steering clear this postseason .. we a bit to much for em .. on some serious ? ..

Thanks for your emotional fanboy contributions.....
  • brocktonpatriot
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bruh ......Celtics were the Clear Cut best Team in the East, nobody viewed them getting worked over in a 7 game series, anything could happen but Celtics had the Most complete squad....they had the PG, Wing Players, Inside Game ,solid bench

they Just Got that Much weaker on the inside for "Another Wing Player"

the Trade made absolutely no sense.....

Besides Pierce, would guards LeBron or Melo?
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Besides Pierce, would guards LeBron or Melo?

Jeff Green is Gonna Guard Lebron James and Carmelo Anthony???? Really??

Celtics been to the Championship 2 out of the last 3 years, im sure they were doing just fine as a squad....
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    good-luck-5.gif
    cross-fingers-100712-02.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thanks for your emotional fanboy contributions.....

that wasnt emotional it was more like to the point ..

see I post things simple and clear instead of bringing up ? advantages and phantom matchups ....

the bulls would beat the cetlics in a seven game .. take it how u wanna .
  • brocktonpatriot
    edited February 2011
    Options

Celtics been to the Championship 2 out of the last 3 years, im sure they were doing just fine as a squad....

You are forgetting that they had James Posey in 08 and Tony Allen in 2010. With Daniels injuried and with trades for other perimeter defenders (Battier, Anthony Parker) falling through, they had no choice. I'm not saying Jeff Green is gonna shut down those guys but its better to have Jeff Green in that role than to have no one....
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yea I was rollin when I saw perkins was distraught

Shoulda signed that extension if u loved boston so much ? ,They shipped him outta there dude had to be consoled

lol @ nate bein the voice of reason while perkins cryin

this..that ? got cocky and turned that ? down, they shipped his ass out now he here
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    this..that ? got cocky and turned that ? down, they shipped his ass out now he here

lol. Crocodile tears azz ? . Peep 0:26 when he scratches his chin. Who the ? scratches their chin when they're crying?? lol. I remember when that aired tho, I was dyin the whole episode. Smh @ me watching Intervention, Hoarders, and damn near everything else on A&E like it's Comedy Central.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

has to be the same reaction Baron Davis had
  • peagle05
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol. Crocodile tears azz ? . Peep 0:26 when he scratches his chin. Who the ? scratches their chin when they're crying?? lol. I remember when that aired tho, I was dyin the whole episode. Smh @ me watching Intervention, Hoarders, and damn near everything else on A&E like it's Comedy Central.

? i watch beyond scared straight like its a kevin hart special
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? i watch beyond scared straight like its a kevin hart special

Word. lol. Them ? ? >>>>> the men in the men's prison. Real spit.

And I die everytime the narrator on First 48 reminds you at the beginning that the victim is.... "DEAD." Like I didn't know I was watching the First 48, lol....

"A call comes in from the Northside of Memphis. A Young mother of three is found in the middle of the street...

*wait for it*

....DEAD.

Like "Word? I thought she was just breakdancing and got tired."
  • peagle05
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Word. lol. Them ? ? >>>>> the men in the men's prison. Real spit.

And I die everytime the narrator on First 48 reminds you at the beginning that the victim is.... "DEAD." Like I didn't know I was watching the First 48, lol....

"A call comes in from the Northside of Memphis. A Young mother of three is found in the middle of the street...

*wait for it*

....DEAD.

Like "Word? I thought she was just breakdancing and got tired."

lmao that ? is crazy. i remember one episode of first 48 where they put dude in a room with his boy and all he could say was "so i killed that ? ?...thats what you saying? i killed that ? ?"
  • brocktonpatriot
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2011
    Options
    derailed....

Nah, we still on that. Tell me this -- why WOULD the GM of the #1 team in the Eastern Conference trade away your advantage over the rest of the league? Reggie Miller got a ? thinkin'.
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lmao that ? is crazy. i remember one episode of first 48 where they put dude in a room with his boy and all he could say was "so i killed that ? ?...thats what you saying? i killed that ? ?"

Seen that ? ...dude was like "Yep"

Then ole buddy was like "? is gonna get you man, you gonna go to hell"...

Dude was like "You killed him man..."

Lol dude was lying his ass off .... I'm surprised they aint come to blows n ?
  • young chad
    edited February 2011
    Options

? 's acting like he got traded to Cleveland or something, he got traded to a team with 2 solid threats at their position, great balance and good coaching...and he's gonna be asked to do the SAME exact thing he's doing now...and uhhh, it's not COCKY turning down that extension, it's smart...the big 3 with all their "we're like brothers ? " are all about a year from retirement, while that ? is 24..it was gonna be him, Rondo and Nate Robinson in 2 years..and a bunch of low level draft picks
  • brocktonpatriot
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nah, we still on that. Tell me this -- why WOULD the GM of the #1 team in the Eastern Conference trade away your advantage over the rest of the league? Reggie Miller got a ? thinkin'.

Because I think the conditions and main concern of this squad changed. I think they realized with Daniels injured, Pierce would have to guard LeBron or Carmelo for the bulk of a seven game series. Obviously, that's something they don't want, especially at how it would take away from his offensive game. In 08, the Celts used Posey and in 2010, the Celts used Tony Allen to put on LeBron. The 2011 Celtics until yesterday didn't have that (NOT SAYING JEFF GREEN IS A LOCKOUT DEFENDER OR WILL BE SOMEONE WHO SHUTS DOWN MELO OR LEBRON, GREEN JUST PROVIDES ANOTHER BODY TO THROW AT THEM, BIGGER AND MORE ATHLETIC ONE AT THAT).

Also, the Celtics I think realized the competition for the ring is not only LA or Orlando but its also Dallas, S.A., Miami, NY (I don't care what anyone says, as much as playoff slows down, Melo and Amare can single handling win a series or two) or Chicago. With that said, I think realized they may need more flexibility. With Jeff Green, the Celtics now can throw out a lineup close to the one they ended games with in 08.

08: PG-House or Rondo, SG-Ray, SF-Pierce, PF-Posey, C-Garnett
    11: PG-Rondo, SG-Ray, SF-Pierce, PF-Green or Big Baby (Dependent on if they need someone to spread the floor or some muscle inside), C-Garnett.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Didnt the Celts got the clippers first round pick in 2012? And dont sleep on dalembert or other big men getting bought out from sac-town and coming to the bean. Who wouldnt want to play on the number 1 seed in the east for a ship? They had to get something for perkins if he wasnt going to stay. A 15 ppg scorer, and a potential top ten pick when the big 3 are setting sail isnt that bad for a Center with a bad knee (maybe two). I dont think they cleared 3 spaces on the roster for nothing...

We got PJ brown and sam cassell after the deadline a few years ago. Maybe danny got something under his sleeve
  • young chad
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Because I think the conditions and main concern of this squad changed. I think they realized with Daniels injured, Pierce would have to guard LeBron or Carmelo for the bulk of a seven game series. Obviously, that's something they don't want, especially at how it would take away from his offensive game. In 08, the Celts used Posey and in 2010, the Celts used Tony Allen to put on LeBron. The 2011 Celtics until yesterday didn't have that (NOT SAYING JEFF GREEN IS A LOCKOUT DEFENDER OR WILL BE SOMEONE WHO SHUTS DOWN MELO OR LEBRON, GREEN JUST PROVIDES ANOTHER BODY TO THROW AT THEM, BIGGER AND MORE ATHLETIC ONE AT THAT).

Also, the Celtics I think realized the competition for the ring is not only LA or Orlando but its also Dallas, S.A., Miami, NY (I don't care what anyone says, as much as playoff slows down, Melo and Amare can single handling win a series or two) or Chicago. With that said, I think realized they may need more flexibility. With Jeff Green, the Celtics now can throw out a lineup close to the one they ended games with in 08.

08: PG-House or Rondo, SG-Ray, SF-Pierce, PF-Posey, C-Garnett
    11: PG-Rondo, SG-Ray, SF-Pierce, PF-Green or Big Baby (Dependent on if they need someone to spread the floor or some muscle inside), C-Garnett.

First response to make a lot of sense...I think Jeff Green will flourish as a number 4 option on a team, I dunno if they lose some interior defense/rebounding/toughness ...but perhaps they gain some points/matchup problems come playoff time..I think they woulda been better off shopping Big Baby, though nobody else would probably want him..but all of this is all speculation until the playoffs start...although I thought Jeff Green was a PF, or am I mistaken and he was playing outta position all these years..is he a Rashard Lewis type cat? Cuz his jump shooting didn't seem consistent at all..

Boston would REALLY benefit from this if KG can have the effect on his game that he had on big Baby...(let's not act like he'd still bein the league if it wasn't for Garnett) lol....Green has the potential to be KG 2.0, maybe not THESE playoffs (maybe so)..but with some offseason work he could be..with the combo of Doc Rivers and KG...a pretty good Lamar Odom type guy
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    “He’s taking it pretty hard because he’s been here eight years,” Robinson just said while checking out of the team hotel in Denver. “He was very emotional, crying. He has to move his family, and he’s been really tight with Rondo and other guys on the team. I feel his pain. It was tough when I left New York because of all the guys I’d been around.
    With Perk, everyone thinks he’s mean because of how he looks, but he’s a soft giant with a big heart,” he said. “I told him he’s not alone. We’re going together. I told him you won’t be by yourself. You’ll have me by your side. We’ll make it work together.”
    Robinson, now part of his second trade in two years, wasn’t so broadsided by the move.

The NBA is a business and you can’t be mad,” he said. “You have to count your blessings. I would never be surprised by anything, especially in this league and especially with trades.
    I had a blast.

“The fans are great, they welcomed me with open arms,” said Robinson. “I had some tough shoes to fill with Eddie House, but I think I did a pretty good job. Whatever they asked me to do I did. I talked to Doc, talked to Danny - it’s a business move, nothing against anybody, so I’m cool.”
    Robinson has already gone on Twitter asking for suggestions for his new number.
    “I have to figure out what number I’m going to wear,” he said. “Still asking people for suggestions on Twitter.”
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Anyone co-signing MJ's actions?
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Michael Jordan defended his decision to trade Gerald Wallace.

The Charlotte Bobcats owner Jordan told The Associated Press on Saturday that he loves the trade that sent the former All-Star to Portland.

While the backup center Joel Przybilla was the only likely rotation player Charlotte got in return, Jordan says it gives his club "flexibility" to make future moves because they acquired two first-round picks and cleared salary-cap space.

Jordan believes it will help build the team into a contender.

Przybilla passed his physical Saturday. He says he was OK with the deal after Jordan told him he wanted him.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

this coming from the same ? who said he would've drafted darius miles 1st. I do think they should've moved wallace, but I dont co-sign mj's gm skills @ ALL
  • brocktonpatriot
    edited February 2011
    Options

The Bobcats are losing money