350z, cts or 330?????

Options

Comments

• geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How important is it to you to impress your friends and roadside onlookers whom you've never met.

Cop a Chevy Malibu. Any year btwn 97-2010.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How important is it to you to impress your friends and roadside onlookers whom you've never met.

Cop a Chevy Malibu. Any year btwn 97-2010.

i wanna impress myself is that cool with you ?
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited February 2011
    Options
    350z because it looks cool.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Whats your criteria for a car? Comfort? coupe or sedan? does gas mileage matter?
  • byrond0126
    byrond0126 Members Posts: 325
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have the BMW 550i. I love the car, but the $120.00 oil changes once a year is a given. jusss sayin
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    buy a VW Eos then put in on air ride and some wheels and you got the baddest girl rides out there, hardtop convertible too...........I'm biased though, I drive a VW.

Seriously though, certified pre owned cars can be had cheap used with a warranty.

2754380680_small_1.jpg
    39482_418110694725_367360459725_4423149_2559797_n-640x429.jpg
    387983809.jpg
    dubbit12.jpg

^^^^same car three different years, same set of wheels just repainted. Stock body though. Only mods are a cheap badgeless grille, air ride and wheels. Budget balling and great MPG.
  • sammm
    sammm Members Posts: 1,139
    edited February 2011
    Options
    BMW shawty.
    Im tryna to decide out of an Audi, infiniti or BMW.
    ? sucks
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sammm wrote: »
    BMW shawty.
    Im tryna to decide out of an Audi, infiniti or BMW.
    ? sucks
    Audi's look tuff but this one cat told me you need two of them, one for the shop and the other for the garage
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I also drive a 2005 Audi S4 so I also agree with going the Audi route. The quality is fine unlike what the above poster said, its just that parts are expensive.
  • real ness
    real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited February 2011
    Options
    byrond0126 wrote: »
    I have the BMW 550i. I love the car, but the $120.00 oil changes once a year is a given. jusss sayin

you only change oil once a year? how much you drive?
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited February 2011
    Options
    oil change every 3,000 miles like clockwork or else your breaking a very expensive toy.
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what's the difference between 330 and Cts?
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    buy a VW Eos then put in on air ride and some wheels and you got the baddest girl rides out there, hardtop convertible too...........I'm biased though, I drive a VW.

Seriously though, certified pre owned cars can be had cheap used with a warranty.

2754380680_small_1.jpg
    39482_418110694725_367360459725_4423149_2559797_n-640x429.jpg
    387983809.jpg
    dubbit12.jpg

^^^^same car three different years, same set of wheels just repainted. Stock body though. Only mods are a cheap badgeless grille, air ride and wheels. Budget balling and great MPG.

ya tag showin in one of them shots.... u might wanna blur it out or take that pic down...
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited February 2011
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    ya tag showin in one of them shots.... u might wanna blur it out or take that pic down...

? ain't mine B...none of those pics are even mine. I just know the car is famous in the car scene.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    real ness wrote: »
    you only change oil once a year? how much you drive?

BMW newer models the oil only need to be changed every 15k
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited February 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    BMW newer models the oil only need to be changed every 15k

Bad advice...despite the manual or even the deal saying that....any mechanic will tell you any more than 5,000miles between oil changes and your asking for problems.

I trust my buddy who owns a Porsche Tuning/Repair shop and has 2 race teams. The Porsche Cayanne says 20K miles but he says the problems they are fixing are from oil breakdown...i.e. old oil. ? isn't as good as they thought.
  • major pain
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bad advice...despite the manual or even the deal saying that....any mechanic will tell you any more than 5,000miles between oil changes and your asking for problems.

I trust my buddy who owns a Porsche Tuning/Repair shop and has 2 race teams. The Porsche Cayanne says 20K miles but he says the problems they are fixing are from oil breakdown...i.e. old oil. ? isn't as good as they thought.

Some proof of my claims...my car changing over to my winter wheels in his shop.

BMW's maintenance comes with the car new and CPO ones can still have it as well. Why pay out of pocket to get the oil changed off schedule when you've already paid for it and if something truly is wrong with the oil, its covered by the dealer?
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited February 2011
    Options
    BMW's maintenance comes with the car new and CPO ones can still have it as well. Why pay out of pocket to get the oil changed off schedule when you've already paid for it and if something truly is wrong with the oil, its covered by the dealer?

If your leasing who cares...but if your financing to own that'd be a poor approach to owning a luxury vehicle. Atleast 90% of having a good running car is preventative maintenance.
  • major pain
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If your leasing who cares...but if your financing to own that'd be a poor approach to owning a luxury vehicle. Atleast 90% of having a good running car is preventative maintenance.

Yea, and part of that is following the scheduled maintenance plan. If you dont, then you void your warranty. I've owned a few foreign and supposedly "high maintenance" cars. You dont go buy a BMW or Porsche and not listen to what the dealer tells you bruh.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited February 2011
    Options
    how would they know if you changed your oil early?
  • major pain
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm sure if it came down to an engine replacement claim, BMW would not pull out all stops to prove it wasnt their fault. Also, the oil change is pretty expensive in comparison to most cars. Easily double and possibly triple some cars. Why bother with that, when the cost is already included when you purchase the car? Its pretty rare to see a non-performance BMW have engine issues during its warranty/maintenance period. Even then, thats usually the driver's fault and not a true issue with the car.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm sure if it came down to an engine replacement claim, BMW would not pull out all stops to prove it wasnt their fault. Also, the oil change is pretty expensive in comparison to most cars. Easily double and possibly triple some cars. Why bother with that, when the cost is already included when you purchase the car? Its pretty rare to see a non-performance BMW have engine issues during its warranty/maintenance period. Even then, thats usually the driver's fault and not a true issue with the car.

if you say so.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'd suggest the CTS... Everyone I know with one loves it and you don't have to deal with the uber high maintenance once the warranty is done... I know it's not as enthralling as saying you have a beemer etc but all in all GM has come a long way with that car..
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hood females drive those old ass chevys, dodge charger is for manly ? , magnum is for fat ? and a 300 is a fake bently, gas to expensive for a suv

i am a pretty ? and will not be caught in those vehicles

lmao......................
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'd suggest the CTS... Everyone I know with one loves it and you don't have to deal with the uber high maintenance once the warranty is done... I know it's not as enthralling as saying you have a beemer etc but all in all GM has come a long way with that car..

thank you my handsome young friend