Is the Social Lounge down to play NationStates?

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what i really need are more issues that allow my nation to celebrate its love affair with firearms. although apparently this game equates "guns guns guns" with "constant murder of police"
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    well if the police had guns to protect themselves, that wouldn't happen

oh wait....
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The system seems to take your decision on things, and run with them.

I said it was okay for the logging company to fire protestors since they wanted a 20% raise, and now companies are allowed to fire people at anytime for no reason. :O
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    The system seems to take your decision on things, and run with them.

I said it was okay for the logging company to fire protestors since they wanted a 20% raise, and now companies are allowed to fire people at anytime for no reason. :O

Lol same here. The question was like

"A local grocery store fired four employees for limited tardiness and lack of work, the workers demand to be rehired and given a 5% raise"

I answered the one that said no and now everyone getting fired for no reason
  • janklow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    at least those are just hilarious extremes. i decided not to use my governmental POWER to censor television and now apparently racism is WILDLY popular on television. which seems like a stretch, if you ask me
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    at least those are just hilarious extremes. i decided not to use my governmental POWER to censor television and now apparently racism is WILDLY popular on television. which seems like a stretch, if you ask me

shots fired at 2012?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I just made nudity mandatory.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    joinedddddddddd
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How the ? did my nation become a non-meat eating nation?

I regulated the killing of animals I ain't end the ? !

? so thats why I got a vegan nation too??? I just ain't believe in killing them ? all ? -nilly. I think I'm focusing on the details of the legislation too much.

Just saying "yes" or "no" is fuckn me up.
  • glowy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Not sure how I got this ranking, but I'm finally #1 at something.

SCranks.jpg
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So, Ktulu, what now? Is there any way the nations of our regions can interact with each other?
  • glowy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I just opted to legalize euthanasia.

Oh boy, I wonder how this is going to turn out.

"Dorothy Terwilliger lies immobilized in a hospital bed, unable to move. She has end-stage cancer, and wishes to end her struggle against death. However, laws prevent her doctors from obeying her wishes."

I voted: Dorothy and her family are campaigning for a "Dying with Dignity" bill, to change this situation. She implores the government to legalize euthanasia.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Haven't played Nationstates in years, thought I'd join up
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I just said cloning embryos are fine, now my nation is about to be overran, burned down, and the world destroyed by evil clones who accidentally had nukes implanted in them at cloning.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    So, Ktulu, what now? Is there any way the nations of our regions can interact with each other?

people do that by "meta-gaming" in the forums

but thats a lil too involved for me

so my plan is to track the progress of our nations and see how the different philosophies succeed or fail

and i'll update this thread with news of that nature
  • janklow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    shots fired at 2012?
    no, just the apparent result of not promoting censorship?
    How the ? did my nation become a non-meat eating nation?
    I regulated the killing of animals I ain't end the ? !
    apparently "frowning at the unnecessary torture of a chicken" = "NO ONE BETTER EAT ANY MEAT IN THIS ? COUNTRY"
  • riddlerap
    edited February 2011
    Options
    this is a pretty cool game. only made like 3 decisions so far though.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm that Sneaky Basterd Maynnnnnnnnnnnnne

game is so so though, we cannot engage in war?

I dismissed all the lame azz harry potter/religious plights but legalised the research on cloning
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Last night the respected tabloid TV show "60 Minutes" ran a report on TRUsylvania's rising divorce rate. What is happening to the nuclear family?
    The Debate

1. "There's a simple solution," says Pastor Felix, of the Catholic Church. "Divorce should be illegal. 'For better or worse,' anyone remember how that goes? We should return to the good old days, when you got married for life and stuck by your partner no matter how much of a drunken, abusive, adulterating disappointment they turned out to be."

2. John Black, author of the hit book, 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Some Whole Other Place,' has a simpler solution. "If couples would just call each other 'darling' once in a while, there would be far fewer relationship breakdowns. A little affection is all it takes. So the government should make it mandatory: call your spouse 'darling' at least once a day, or face a fine."

3. "There's a simple way to boost the marriage rate," says ? rights activist Beth King. "Abolish those arcane laws that discriminate against same-sex marriages. It's obscene to treat people differently because of their sexual preference. Besides, everyone knows ? relationships are more stable than straight ones."

Smh at the choices..wtf
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    Last night the respected tabloid TV show "60 Minutes" ran a report on TRUsylvania's rising divorce rate. What is happening to the nuclear family?
    The Debate

1. "There's a simple solution," says Pastor Felix, of the Catholic Church. "Divorce should be illegal. 'For better or worse,' anyone remember how that goes? We should return to the good old days, when you got married for life and stuck by your partner no matter how much of a drunken, abusive, adulterating disappointment they turned out to be."

2. John Black, author of the hit book, 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Some Whole Other Place,' has a simpler solution. "If couples would just call each other 'darling' once in a while, there would be far fewer relationship breakdowns. A little affection is all it takes. So the government should make it mandatory: call your spouse 'darling' at least once a day, or face a fine."

3. "There's a simple way to boost the marriage rate," says ? rights activist Beth King. "Abolish those arcane laws that discriminate against same-sex marriages. It's obscene to treat people differently because of their sexual preference. Besides, everyone knows ? relationships are more stable than straight ones."

Smh at the choices..wtf

i dismissed that ?
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How do I make up issues for other countries?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    How do I make up issues for other countries?

When your population hits 500 million a link appears on your issues page that you can click on and submit questions.
  • janklow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    I dismissed all the lame azz harry potter/religious plights but legalised the research on cloning
    i did the same. apparently my nation is filled with turbo-religious dudes that i am working busily to irritate constantly
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol at dismissing an issue

pick a side, take a chance, theres literally nothing to lose
  • riddlerap
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i wish i could do more per day