Is the east the stronger conference now in the nba?

Options
Mdizzle9000
Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
i don't think so, but on espn and nba.com they seem to think these trade shifted the power to the east. the east has definately become stronger than before, what do yall think?

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hell No. LA/SA and Boston/Mia cancel each other out

The 3rd team in the West is Dallas. They r loaded. They have a legit shot at a chip

The 3rd team in the East is Chicago. They r ridin Rose till the wheels fall off, but they are not a threat

Then you have Orl, Atl, and NY roundign out your teams w/ winning records in the East lol Thats it. The west 2 teams w/ winning records will actually miss the playoffs
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yeah dallass is soft, i'd put my money on the bulls over them
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options
    3rd team in the east has beaten the "loaded' 3rd team in the west twice

Once without ? and once without ? and noah

So what does that say about your erroneous assessment?
    yeah dallass is soft, i'd put my money on the bulls over them

Lol...so you think the Bulls have a shot against Boston or Miami? gtfoh

The Bulls are this years version of Lebron's Cavs...a strong, solid defensive team that, b/c of their star, are hard to beat on a nightly basis, but in a 7 game series...

Their scoring droughts will ? them. Word to Bogey bein their starting SG.

But its ok, i dont expect nggas to notice ? like that...just wait till playoffs.
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited February 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Lol...so you think the Bulls have a shot against Boston or Miami? gtfoh

The Bulls are this years version of Lebron's Cavs...a strong, solid defensive team that, b/c of their star, are hard to beat on a nightly basis, but in a 7 game series...

Their scoring droughts will ? them. Word to Bogey bein their starting SG.

But its ok, i dont expect nggas to notice ? like that...just wait till playoffs.

the bulls took the celtics to a 7 game series in the playoffs before and they're better now, i wouldnt be suprised if they pulled an upset. dallas aint beatin the lakers of the spurs
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options
    the bulls took the celtics to a 7 game series in the playoffs before and they're better now, i wouldnt be suprised if they pulled an upset. dallas aint beatin the lakers of the spurs

we shall see...
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    0224-power-balance-526.jpg

From West to East, the balance of NBA power starts to shift

Posted Feb 24 2011 10:21AM
    DALLAS -- Tyson Chandler wasn't speaking on behalf of the just Dallas when asked about the balance of power relocating from the Western Conference to the East. He might as well have been a spokesman for anyone with designs of winning the West after Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Deron Williams split for Greater Gotham.
    "I wish we could get Kobe and Duncan and Ginobili and all those guys over there, too," he quipped, "but I guess then it wouldn't be any fun."
    No doubt there has been a seismic shift in the makeup of the two conferences. The West, for the past decade, has been considered the superior collection of teams from top to bottom. Twice in the previous three years, all eight of the West playoff teams won at least 50 games.

Not gonna happen this season.
    And while the East may struggle to field more than six playoff squads with winning records, the so-called Least only figures to get more Beast in the years to come. The days of Western dominance are over, according to a certain All-Star known to wear a cape.
    "We all knew this was going to happen," Orlando center Dwight Howard said. "When I first got here and when LeBron got [to Cleveland], we were all young guys and it took time for us to grow. They used to call us in the East the JV of the NBA. I don't think we're that anymore. I think we're the varsity now."
    The growth of players such as two-time MVP LeBron James, former Finals MVP Dwyane Wade, Howard and Chris Bosh is one step in East expansion. Boston becoming relevant again, especially with Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen coming from the West, is another.

"It started when Kevin Garnett came to the East," Amar'e Stoudemire said. "Then everybody started to trickle over. But I think the East now is a serious powerhouse, where most of the elite players from the West are now in the East. And the East was already pretty stacked with great players. But now, it has kind of shifted over."
    Free agency has brought over the likes of Stoudemire to New York, Carlos ? to Chicago and Joe Johnson to Atlanta. The Bulls and Hawks also added All-Stars in the Draft, with Derrick Rose and Al Horford, respectively.

The Knicks have imported 'Melo (and Billups) to Madison Square Garden in their plan to become a superpower, while New Jersey finally swings and doesn't miss. Williams could be a home run (if he stays) in owner Mickael Prokhorov's bid to not only make the Nets relevant, but make good on that five-year title pledge.
    Add it up.

"The West is not dominating any more," said Utah center Al Jefferson, who started his career in Boston. "It's equal now, if not I think the East got the edge. It's a lot of great teams over there in the East, but as you know it's a dogfight every day in the West for a playoff spot. In a day you can go from [the four seed] to seven like it's nothing. But I think the East is getting to that point now."

The top three teams in the East -- Boston, Miami and Chicago -- are already thought of as elite. Each has legitimate reasons to believe it's a title contender. And while Orlando and Atlanta sit in solid position in the playoff race, one team right below and another way below are positioning themselves to become major players. The overall strength of the East will largely depend of what muscles the Knicks and Nets are able to flex.

This is not to suggest the West is a wasteland of broken down teams on blocks in someone's yard. San Antonio and the Mavericks own the best two records in the league. The Los Angeles Lakers are the two-time defending champs. Northwest Division-leading Oklahoma City fields the best young roster in the league.

"As I'm in the West, the West is still stacked, still good teams," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "There are teams that are always going to be there. The Lakers and the Spurs are still staples. In the West, I still think there are very good teams."

The Thunder's path to a division title appears to have cleared with the changes in Denver and Utah, though Portland isn't about to give up the chase.
    "It's a shakeup," Thunder center Nick Collison said. "It affects our division for sure. We'll have to wait and see how the teams look with the new guys. I don't want to discount anybody. You never know when a team comes together. There's still a lot of talent on those teams [Denver and Utah], even though the stars shifted East. I'm not going to write anybody off yet.
    "Overall, on a competitive level it's good to see those players go East, without a doubt. Initially that's our feel."

The argument can also be made that the bottom half of the West playoff picture has weakened, leaving less resistance -- especially in the first round -- for the West heavyweights. Memphis and Phoenix, for example, are two teams battling for the last four playoff spots with Utah, Denver, Portland and New Orleans.
    "The balance of power is a talking point for media questions and things like that," Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. "What's pertinent for us is how we're playing. That's the important thing to us. There are a lot of other capable teams.

"Just because some of the big-time players get traded from the West to the East doesn't mean the West isn't still good. It is. And if some teams move down that means other teams move up and those teams will become more of a factor. That's the circle of life around here."
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What exactly has miami done for everybody to be so scared of them?

Who have they beat? They record is 2-7 vs top teams They wack dog ? crownin them like they steamrollin the comp

And bogans starts.Key word starts he dont play more than 18-22 mins in a usual game he's plays solid D and the bulls as a team play solid D no need to outscore the comp

Sound like another cat who dont watch the bulls

Cmon bruh, lets be objective here. Lets say Bron and Rose cancel each other out as far as impact.

? is better than Bosh given their roles.

That leaves your 3rd best player, Joakim "the greatest 15 n 11 player ever' Noah, whereas the Heat still have Wade.

Both teams are neck and neck defensively, Chi-92.9, Mia- 94.1

But the difference is this: Of the top 15 teams in defensive ppg, only THREE avg more than 100ppg on offense....

MIA, SA, and LA. Numbers dont lie

But I digress.
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options
    OH NO the bulls average 98.7 ppg so they just missed that exclusive 100 ppg club

You right they dont have a chance

Im glad we agree.
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nope. The 8th seed in the west is gonna be 5-6 games over .500
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    anyone wit basketball sense knows that the Bulls wil never win a ship wit Rose as the alpha dog.

Amare and Melo >>>>>>> Rose and Noah
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    anyone wit basketball sense knows that the Bulls wil never win a ship wit Rose as the alpha dog.

that NY team aint gonna do ?

no one on that team can play defense and their coach is 95% geared towards offense...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

mane shut yo ? da ? up...

bulls>>>thunder..
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mumo x you a broken record at this point we heard you the other 50-100 times you've said it

am i wrong? Players like Rose never win you a ship.

Bulls need dwight
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited February 2011
    Options

Bulls need dwight

no rose wont win a ship by himself...bulls need another creative scorer... the only person who can really put an end to scoring droughts is rose, and thats a problem...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited February 2011
    Options
    westbrook will never lead a team to a championship...
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

mumo x post
  • mosaveli
    mosaveli Members Posts: 88
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How do the Bulls have no shot? They play some of the best defense in the league. Noah isnt even back yet. WTF.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Javelle McGee will never lead a team to a championship
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mutumbo x will never lead a team to the championship...
  • deadpoolRKO
    deadpoolRKO Members Posts: 441
    edited February 2011
    Options

Westbrook is a top 3 PG , he won't LEAD the team there.

But between him and durant they'll get there. They just need a big guy.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Dallas is annually heartless and fail. Only a fool would bet on them. The East is running shot. Only LAL and Spurs are legitimate threats out West.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mosaveli wrote: »
    How do the Bulls have no shot? They play some of the best defense in the league. Noah isnt even back yet. WTF.

he came back yesterday
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mumbo x, just give it up, you only hate rose cause he ? all over westbrook in every aspect, and you like everybody else knows it
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options

Bulls need dwight

just shut the ? up
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    that NY team aint gonna do ?

no one on that team can play defense and their coach is 95% geared towards offense...

This I agree with.