I Remember when People were saying Tiger >>> Jordan as Best Sportsman of All-Time....

Options
woah316
woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
...The world could catch on fire tommorow, 2 of Jeffreys kids could be abducted.. But as long as theirs a court and a orange round object in his ? hand, dude gonna ball...

I'll admit, I never watched golf, but I never bought into the ? when some ppl said this... It's just, IMO, literally Impossible for anyone to ever be better than michael jordan at pretty much ANYTHING, let alone sports...

It just feels kinda good now to see it all be proven right...

Basically I'm saying, I don't give a damn what happened with your wife a year and a half ago... If that happened to Jordan, he'd probably come back BETTER... Not fall off the face of the earth.

Comments

• Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited February 2011
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    ...The world could catch on fire tommorow, 2 of Jeffreys kids could be abducted.. But as long as theirs a court and a orange round object in his ? hand, dude gonna ball...

I'll admit, I never watched golf, but I never bought into the ? when some ppl said this... It's just, IMO, literally Impossible for anyone to ever be better than michael jordan at pretty much ANYTHING, let alone sports...

Basically I'm saying, I don't give a damn what happened with your wife a year and a half ago... If that happened to Jordan, he'd probably come back BETTER... Not fall off the face of the earth.

Golf is a individual sport, Basketball is not... Tiger has had one bad year, golf is much more mental then basketball is as well... I'm not saying Tiger is a better athlete then Jordan but you can not compare the to... and IMO

Sugar Ray Robinson >>>> Micheal Jordan
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Golf, is a mental sport. No other part of you body has to be, as sharp, in order for you to succeed.

...Therefore...

fucc you lames who acting like he's not supposed to be mentally-devastated drained and traumatized over a few short months = losing his Family, that he created which was potentially...the most-sacred part of his livelihood since his Pops passed away.

Since his pops died all this ish has been happenin, he was runnin wild ? a whole bunch of chicks while married & being a black athelete & celebrity-recipe for destruction.

I would give it to MJ, dude isn't in the media a lot unless its dealin with the bobcats, he avoids ish like this. MJ had people around the world sayin "I want to be like Mike"

He'll be back tho, it was his first season back from all that ? ..
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mike the goat........golf has that goat money tho
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jordan is the goat, but you can't compare golf to basketball. Gold has so much ? going on, it's mental, physical,technique,etc. Golf is like a watch, if one thing is off everything gets all out of order. If you can't understand this, you've probably never played golf before, it's by far the hardest sport to play imo.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

The ? are you talking about?
  • Ekscape
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mike the goat........golf has that goat money tho

to this day I still can't understand how Golf produces that much fkn money...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ekscape wrote: »

It makes alot of sense, it's all endorsement money and who plays golf? middle age men with money, the family guy, and that's why you see alot of luxury car, luxury watches, financial companies, etc endorsers. The PGA tour has tapped into middle America!

Lots of people play golf as a hobby, especially to get away from the wife.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ekscape wrote: »

One word ---- endorsements
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think thats a cop out to say the sports are different... a sport is a ? SPORT... You either have the mental tenacity or you do not, there is no difference...

Dude was playing golf since he was 2... So now, that your head is screwed up, you cant play golf no more?

You mean to tell me, that everytime he steps up to swing, he's thinking about his wife...? But everytime jordan (lets say it happened to him) steps up to take a shot, he's not thinking about his wife?

Honestly, I just dont buy that ? ... If you're saying it's easier to play through distractions in basketball, that's something I can't buy, sorry... If we're talking physical injuries, thats different.. Maybe that can change from sport to sport... But just mental, if your head is screwed and you cant play, its not fair to blame it on the sport you're playing... just my opinion
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sports where you have to run and jump and stuff>>>>>>>>>>>boring ass golf
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Uh this lil fast talking ? by the name of Cassius Clay is the greatest sportsman of all time.
  • Ekscape
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think thats a cop out to say the sports are different... a sport is a ? SPORT... You either have the mental tenacity or you do not, there is no difference...

Dude was playing golf since he was 2... So now, that your head is screwed up, you cant play golf no more?

You mean to tell me, that everytime he steps up to swing, he's thinking about his wife...? But everytime jordan (lets say it happened to him) steps up to take a shot, he's not thinking about his wife?

Honestly, I just dont buy that ? ... If you're saying it's easier to play through distractions in basketball, that's something I can't buy, sorry... If we're talking physical injuries, thats different.. Maybe that can change from sport to sport... But just mental, if your head is screwed and you cant play, its not fair to blame it on the sport you're playing... just my opinion

nope... some sports take more mental toughness then other, more athleticism then other... how much mental toughness does a swimmer have to have then a golfer? Not much at all if not any cause it's a a straight physical sport... How much athleticism does a point guard need compared to an olympic wrestler?... You can't compare athletes from sport to sport... You've never played golf
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Comparing sports is like apples and oranges but we do it anyway.

Greatest althlete ever:
    1. Ali (The Greatest simple as that, edges Jordan in terms of politcal stance made him into more than a sports a legend)
    2. Jordan (changed the game period, footwear game changed the enterprenual side of sports, sports legend who everyone else is measured by )
    3. Tiger (benefited from Jordan's impact, Golf being a rich white mans sport means more money from advertisers)
    4. Federer (
    5. Babe/Pele