So is J.R. Smith the face of the Nuggets now ?

Options
lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
i was watching the Nuggets Celtics game last night and they said the goto guy and star of the team is j.r. smith, do yall think he s capable of elevating his game to be the leader and star of that team ?

thoughts ?

Comments

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    His potential is almost limitless. Dude can score almost at will. Unfortunately, he doesnt know how to truly play with a team.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    As long as he keep his niggarish ways I'll be satisfied nh
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nene Hilario.. is more trustworthy and they will feature him..He has is on court mental lapses as far as focus and foul trouble. but he wont hurt you generally. People are going to see just how good he is if they dont already know

Jr Smith got much game.. but he has the attitude/perceptiveness of a highschool kid
  • lookdude
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dude. stop it.

Before David Stern and White (post-2005) nba fans, come in here and murk ya azz

i didn't say it ? , i was just posting what i heard on the half-time show
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    As long as he keep his niggarish ways I'll be satisfied nh

cosign.......
  • mosaveli
    mosaveli Members Posts: 88
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JR and Wilson Chandler will most definitely keep the nuggets ? Rating on a hundred trillion...
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mosaveli wrote: »
    JR and Wilson Chandler will most definitely keep the nuggets ? Rating on a hundred trillion...

Lol. Wtf.....

J.R. has what it takes to be atleast top 10 at his position if George Karl trust putting him in the starting line up on the reg and if he can have the attitude he needs to have to be a leader and not make stupid decisions with the ball
  • lookdude
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i think he can grow, if u watched the game last night you see he took way smarter shots
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    i think he can grow, if u watched the game last night you see he took way smarter shots

Lol this is silly...

Thats like saying a person that finally scores 50.. has a good chance of going to the HOF

Not to say dude cant grow.. but.. after one game.. its not even a trend ..bad habits die hard
  • BiggMike
    BiggMike Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think he can be. All he needs to do is become more consistent. He already have all the skills to be a great shooter, he just have to develop that consistency.
  • lookdude
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lol this is silly...

Thats like saying a person that finally scores 50.. has a good chance of going to the HOF

Not to say dude cant grow.. but.. after one game.. its not even a trend ..bad habits die hard

well, that's up to him, if he wants to leave a great legacy or not we'll see
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    imo they should move chandler to the starting lineup and feature him more, i think they gon eventually move jr back to the bench...
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Didn't Jr avg the most PTs per min and avg 21 pts per game as a backup 2 yrs ago? Melo is a ball hog who wouldn't pass it up to Jr I've seen Jr make crazy passes and Jr gets more players involved than Melo ever did.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Didn't Jr avg the most PTs per min and avg 21 pts per game as a backup 2 yrs ago? Melo is a ball hog who wouldn't pass it up to Jr I've seen Jr make crazy passes and Jr gets more players involved than Melo ever did.

jr never avg more than 15 ppg...jr is a ? decision maker compared to melo.

jr's career high in assists is only .2 higher than melo's career low...
  • major pain
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JR Smith is a prime example of someone who thinks he is better than he is.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    LoL at ? screaming JR got game ....

that ? has all potential with no ? skill .. no finesse .. no IQ .. just physical ability ..

JR RIDER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JR SMITH
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JR Smith is a buffer version of Gerald Green...so, no.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • major pain
    edited February 2011
    Options
    somebody must've forgot to tell you that JR Smith shot 40% in 3pt'ers, in two different seasons, and shot hi-30's in at least three (3) other seasons including 37% in 3pt'ers, for his career. Now...guess how many lame, White, non-athletic, nba Guards aren't even shooting that high?...

What's any of this mean? lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JR-Smith-Nugs.gif................
  • KidLife10200
    KidLife10200 Members Posts: 1,075
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ept_sports_nba_experts-659885058-1290111412.jpg?ym12xGEDYEz4WBw0

This ? IS the face of the Nuggets...

Lol @ Nene Hilarious
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    for now...its nene's squad. for later?....? idk...
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JR-Smith-Nugs.gif................

this is the funniest ? ever.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jr-smith-nugs.gif................

lmao......................
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Datdude87 wrote: »
    for now...its nene's squad. for later?....? idk...

Funny cuz I see it more as Ty Lawson's squad oddly enough...he was the biggest part of their FUTURE besides Melo since they were clearly gearing up for him to start when Chauncey retired...and he's been playing pretty good these last 2 games, PLUS he played good in place of Chauncey whenever given the opportunity

I think the second person would be Danillo, I mean he was kinda the second guy in NY with Amar'e after Felton trailed off, and he's the guy that replaced Melo in the starting line up, I think if he seizes this moment it could become his team...right now, above all else I don't think these guys have a "face" I think they're more like the Pistons of 04...a team of misfits brought together to surprise the league.

No ? , losing Melo and Chauncey hurt..BUT, the Nuggets TEAM over all looks better on paper..they got younger at the PG, as well as faster, while still having guys that can shoot...they got deeper at the SF position...and not much worse anywhere else, and they got a draft pick..

Put that in there with the west getting worse, and I think in a year or 2..these Nuggets could be a top 5 team in the west, especially if Chris Paul really leaves...