Is This The Worst NBA Draft Class in a while... or am I tripping?

Options
mosaveli
mosaveli Members Posts: 88
edited March 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Real ? ? , none of these ? look like they will make any type of impact on the league. There is no real star 1 year guy coming out. Irving looked KINDA like he was gonna be one, then he stubbed his toe and disappeared for the season. ? is wack, Sullinger isnt that impressive to me, and he sounds like he might actually stay a year anyway. Jimmer Ferdette & Kemba Walker? ? outta here. Those Kentucky ? look like the NEED to stay an extra year even though they wont. The past few years has seen some solid lottery and first few picks (minus the Thabeet D-League in first few weeks of rookie season ass). The trades this year look waaaaay more interesting than mock drafts. Is this about to be the weakest crop of ? to come into the league in a good while, or am I tripping? Anyone see any of these guys being worth ? down the road?

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    still too early to say, i want to see how some of these guys step up in the conference/ NCAA tournament
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mosaveli wrote: »
    Real ? ? , none of these ? look like they will make any type of impact on the league. There is no real star 1 year guy coming out. Irving looked KINDA like he was gonna be one, then he stubbed his toe and disappeared for the season. ? is wack, Sullinger isnt that impressive to me, and he sounds like he might actually stay a year anyway. Jimmer Ferdette & Kemba Walker? ? outta here. Those Kentucky ? look like the NEED to stay an extra year even though they wont. The past few years has seen some solid lottery and first few picks (minus the Thabeet D-League in first few weeks of rookie season ass). The trades this year look waaaaay more interesting than mock drafts. Is this about to be the weakest crop of ? to come into the league in a good while, or am I tripping? Anyone see any of these guys being worth ? down the road?

Fam, I been thinkin about this ? all the time too. Like its no real stand out ? , and most of the best players will hopefully stay in school. But I cant think of any run a way fav to be in the lottery. Maybe Harrison Barnes, but I think he'll stay. I dont know about this draft, it'll prolly be real foreign heavy, alotta over seas dude gettin picked up.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    it's extremely bad no NBA talent in the NCAA right now
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    in fairness 2 of the top 5 players haven't played this yr
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i See a lot of guys who will be lottery picks that will just rot on the bench in the NBA for their first 3 or 4 years....

this Class is Brutal

i Was impressed with Kyrie Irving thats bout it

Everyone else needs to come back to college , but they wont cuz this is there chance to be WAY overvalued cuz there's nothin else in the draft so they'll go way high..

im Not even all that impressed with Jared Sullinger, he's okay to me i know he has great numbers for a True freshman or hell for any classification but his game looks like it wont translate

if im a NBA Team i would just Scout nothing but Height this draft, Guys who Rebound and Block shots but maybe dont have a offensive game, or Scout a lot in Europe this year, cuz theres just nothing out there right now in College basketball

you got guys who will probably be middle to late first round picks in this draft that would have been easily in the 2nd Round in other Majority Drafts....

this is been the Weakest College Basketball season i seen in a While and Also Player wise, there's nobody i rush home to go see at all or even care about watching.....
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Perfect example among other things why I cant really ? with College Basketball you can take the top 2 team in College Basketball chances are only 1 maybe 2 might be anything more than decent while in College Football you know with the top 2 teams you will get hand full of players that will make contributions in the NFL.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Perry Jones from Baylor is the only pro prospect in the next draft..perfect size and skillset for the 3 position in the league...averaging 14ppg for Baylor, even with Lacedarius Dunn chuckin up shots...and snatchin 7 boards a game while shooting 56 percent..But I think 1 more year of seasoning in college would make him the #1 pick..even though he's already projected in the top 5 his stock can still rise, cuz he'll be the #1 option on Baylor next year which means increased numbers..dude can hoop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxsxSe1YTo&feature=player_embedded
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The NBA Draft for the most part has always been weak really outside the top 10 the rest of players suck.

Very rare to see 2nd Round Picks in the NBA Draft or undrafted free agents do anything in the NBA... Another area in which the NFL ? on the NBA.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yea there are just to many unknowns this year for this to be a good draft and kyrie going down didn't help any(he would've probably went #1). Perry needs to stay one more year to bulk up and become more fundamental and I think harrison does also. Harrison is starting to play better now but he definitely didn't live up to the hype he came in with. Sullinger and Williams are very good college players but I don't know about sullingers athleticism, I mean he's a beast in the paint but just watching dude catch an oop is funny, I wonder what his vertical is, maybe he'll be like a kevin love with less range on his jumper. I honestly haven't seen much of williams besides one game and he didn't play that well but ive been hearing about how well he plays.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i See a lot of guys who will be lottery picks that will just rot on the bench in the NBA for their first 3 or 4 years....

this Class is Brutal

i Was impressed with Kyrie Irving thats bout it

Everyone else needs to come back to college , but they wont cuz this is there chance to be WAY overvalued cuz there's nothin else in the draft so they'll go way high..

im Not even all that impressed with Jared Sullinger, he's okay to me i know he has great numbers for a True freshman or hell for any classification but his game looks like it wont translate

if im a NBA Team i would just Scout nothing but Height this draft, Guys who Rebound and Block shots but maybe dont have a offensive game, or Scout a lot in Europe this year, cuz theres just nothing out there right now in College basketball

you got guys who will probably be middle to late first round picks in this draft that would have been easily in the 2nd Round in other Majority Drafts....

this is been the Weakest College Basketball season i seen in a While and Also Player wise, there's nobody i rush home to go see at all or even care about watching.....

hasheem thabeet o_0
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sullinger does not impress me as a pro prospaect at all..way to undersized and not athletic enough to last wit the big boys in the league..He is an extremely watered down Kevin Love...Love on the other hand plays with great pace and is agressive..I don't see Sullinger having near the same amount of success as Love...he's way to small to play the 4 in the league, and he damn sure cant play the three...will probably be a 6th or 7th man...Fredette should be a good scoring spark off the bench on a NBA squad..I'm thinkin like a slightly better version of Lou Will of the sixers...Dude can fill it up in a heartbeat and should be a key part of somebodys bench, for instant offense...Kemba is my dude..I think he can be a starter in the league...he's a good on ball defender, good (not great) shooter, can elevate when needed and see's the floor well..and he's a true point guard, no mystery what position he's gonna play..his only problem is his height which I think he will overcome, ? can hoop..
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hasheem thabeet o_0

You can make a "Bust" Comparison to any Position

And go back and Look at the Talent Level in that Draft it was pretty solid in the first Round, and the Last Thing the Grizzlies needed was another Wing Player....

it was Worth The Risk With Thabeet, folks knew he would struggle but not to this extent, he looks like he's never touched a basketball before..

and Thabeet was the clear best big man in that Draft , the Next Center that was Drafted Was BJ Mullens , and the Power Forwards were Jordan Hill, Hansbrough,Demarre Carroll

You Cant teach someone to be 7'2 ...so grizzlies made the right Move, they just expected him to do much better ...dude showed no progress at all.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You can make a "Bust" Comparison to any Position

And go back and Look at the Talent Level in that Draft it was pretty solid in the first Round, and the Last Thing the Grizzlies needed was another Wing Player....

it was Worth The Risk With Thabeet, folks knew he would struggle but not to this extent, he looks like he's never touched a basketball before..

and Thabeet was the clear best big man in that Draft , the Next Center that was Drafted Was BJ Mullens , and the Power Forwards were Jordan Hill, Hansbrough,Demarre Carroll

You Cant teach someone to be 7'2 ...so grizzlies made the right Move, they just expected him to do much better ...dude showed no progress at all.

lol I agree just like I agree portland made the right decision with Oden. I just wanted to bring him up, plus he just got traded to my squad.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    this draft will probably be bigger for the teams outside of the lottery picks imo

alot of 'role players' lurking around in this draft class
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i like Derrick Willams from AZ dude is a baller but to answer the question yea this class is trash. The best prospect Kyrie Irving is probably going to stay in school.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    The NBA Draft for the most part has always been weak really outside the top 10 the rest of players suck.

Very rare to see 2nd Round Picks in the NBA Draft or undrafted free agents do anything in the NBA... Another area in which the NFL ? on the NBA.

there have been a bunch of good late picks over the years..

ginobili, t.p., lewis, etc...
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    there have been a bunch of good late picks over the years..

ginobili, t.p., lewis, etc...

speaking of a spur, blair was a 2nd round pick.

gotta shoutout dudes from the burgh when i get a chance
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    speaking of a spur, blair was a 2nd round pick.

gotta shoutout dudes from the burgh when i get a chance

schenley high school stand up
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is gonna be a role player draft IMO no superstars maybe we have to wait till the tourney to see if anyone emerges
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yo JEFF AXEL u dropping a new joint tonight?
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited February 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

It takes more players to play football so that is why this is the case. Not to mention the players don't last that long in football like they do basketball. Some teams always find good players in the second round or as rookie free agents. But it is usually the same teams like My spurs or Portland. Teams with good scouting departments.
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hasheem thabeet o_0

Thabeet was ass in UCONN also though. the dude is 7'2" and barely got 10 boards a game! That and Blair trying to rip his arms off is what made me know he wasn't gonna last in the NBA
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah it'll be trash. Some of the top prospects are playing outta position also in terms of what they are in college & what they'll be in the league. Like The Terrence Jones kid from Kentucky. I watched that game today & the ? better stay in school. He def wont play PF in the league & his ball handling & 3 point shooting arent good enough to be effective @ SF. If Kentucky has some big men coming in he better stay & tel Calipari to move him to the 3 exclusively.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? still ain't touchin' 2000
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If Sullinger is supposed to be such a great player then yes this crop is really weak.
    Assuming he comes out.