I cant wait till we get CP3 he is our missing link .. blah blah blah .....

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Is this what the game has come to from a fan standpoint ? Cats waiting for the next superstar to land in their town ....

"Oh we still got a couple years until we are finals bound , Dwight Howard would put us over the top" SMH !

Comments

• radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lol word........ Ole "come save us!" ass ?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's worse when the players say it
  • radaman
    edited February 2011
    Options
    D. Rose kept it G and DIDNT beg for Bron to come to Chicago. I can respect that...
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Co-sign thread to the infinity degree. ? is disgusting. Ain't nothin wrong with wanting your squad to improve, but take pride in what they're putting out there TODAY and just hope they make SMART moves somewhere down the line. Even though the NBA (or should I say MLB -- Major League Basketball) is starting to become an arms race between like 4 or 5 teams, there's nothing sweeter than rooting for a squad like the Spurs this year or the Pistons a few years back when they were winning with drafted players and free-agents, trade acquisitions that were SMART. That's the kind of ? I watch sports for -- which is why I don't hardly ? with Baseball anymore. I didn't even watch the World Series last year -- something I usually do.

Fact is, ? that talk like that are just casual fans -- period.

For example, I ? with the Hawks and OKC in the NBA -- I'm suspicious as ? about that KP trade w/ Boston -- and while I'd like to see the Hawks go after Dwight Howard if he doesn't sign an extension in '12 -- I wouldn't want to see them trade their whole nucleus for him. Why? So they can just be no better than the Magic are now?

The Knicks went out and got Carmello and now they're basically <<<<< the Nuggets with Carmelo. The ? ? What's the point?

lol @ ? thinkin' what they do on NBA 2K11 and Madden will work in real life. FOH
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2011
    Options
    superstar teams dont work

/thread
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    D. Rose kept it G and DIDNT beg for Bron to come to Chicago. I can respect that...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Obama%20signing%20tobacco%20bill.jpg

I ain't swinging on his nuts like a lot of ? are, but the boy Rose earning my respect bit by bit everyday with his play and his personality. Dude plays hard, plays smart while keepin' his mouth shut. Throwback.
  • radaman
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Greenwood speakin the truf in here...
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    except for every champ in the last 30 years

this here...... Y'all want good games,But these players came into the league for rings. I don't blame them at all.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    superstar teams dont work

/thread

Totally didnt work for Boston or LA.
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Seeing that this quote may have come from me recently....I stand by it.....whats wrong with looking ahead at whats available for my team?...Its no secret that D. Howard needs legitimate STABLE help to get that ring...CP3 would be a great asset... and stop acting like in the last how many ever years that the CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM HAD MORE THAN ONE SUPERSTAR!!! ITS GOING TO TAKE MORE THAN ONE NOW, ASK LEBRON, ASK GARNETT, hell...ask IVERSON!!!! lol
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Orlando has a good team, they can def win a ring. But the thing is Dwight Howard has to focus and quit ? around like he did the past two games. Also he has to actually demand the ball in clutch situations, too many times Ive seen the Magic just jackin up 3's in close games instead of goin down low. But anybody's team can improve in some area, but for the moment take pride in ur sqaud. I'm still riding wit the Pistons, except for Cleveland I dont think nobody's fell off harder then Detroit.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    cuttadc13 wrote: »
    Seeing that this quote may have come from me recently....I stand by it.....whats wrong with looking ahead at whats available for my team?...Its no secret that D. Howard needs legitimate STABLE help to get that ring...CP3 would be a great asset... and stop acting like in the last how many ever years that the CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM HAD MORE THAN ONE SUPERSTAR!!! ITS GOING TO TAKE MORE THAN ONE NOW, ASK LEBRON, ASK GARNETT, hell...ask IVERSON!!!! lol

If he does go to Orlando (no guarantee that is happening) I'd more concerned with him staying healthy.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    orlando doesnt even need cp3 for a ring, they coulda kept vince, shard, and gotten a pure point to get them better shots, and they would still be a serious contender..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    orlando doesnt even need cp3 for a ring, they coulda kept vince, shard, and gotten a pure point to get them better shots, and they would still be a serious contender..

thats what I mean fam .. these GM's do all this juggling FOR WHAT ? just to be in the mix .....

what happened to building ya team/chemistry from scratch ... i'm already getting sick of the fickle ? thats starting to take place ..

" we made it to the conference finals last year, but next year we might be getting CP3 so we should get our ring" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Co-sign thread to the infinity degree. ? is disgusting. Ain't nothin wrong with wanting your squad to improve, but take pride in what they're putting out there TODAY and just hope they make SMART moves somewhere down the line. Even though the NBA (or should I say MLB -- Major League Basketball) is starting to become an arms race between like 4 or 5 teams, there's nothing sweeter than rooting for a squad like the Spurs this year or the Pistons a few years back when they were winning with drafted players and free-agents, trade acquisitions that were SMART. That's the kind of ? I watch sports for -- which is why I don't hardly ? with Baseball anymore. I didn't even watch the World Series last year -- something I usually do.

Fact is, ? that talk like that are just casual fans -- period.

For example, I ? with the Hawks and OKC in the NBA -- I'm suspicious as ? about that KP trade w/ Boston -- and while I'd like to see the Hawks go after Dwight Howard if he doesn't sign an extension in '12 -- I wouldn't want to see them trade their whole nucleus for him. Why? So they can just be no better than the Magic are now? The Knicks went out and got Carmello and now they're basically <<<<< the Nuggets with Carmelo. The ? ? What's the point?

lol @ ? thinkin' what they do on NBA 2K11 and Madden will work in real life. FOH

co-sign my nig...........
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    smh at ppl not knowing their history...
    there aint nothing new going on in the NBA...

This, if Miami is a super team, what was the 80's lakers?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    so your issue is the difference in media coverage?
    because those things have happened before...

name names are then talk about the circumstances on how they got their.

Boston the 2K
    was built off of trades.
    current LA lakers
    was built off of trades
    The 80 Lakers ----built off of trades and the draft
    Detroit bad boy Pistons--- trades and draft
    2K Detroit was built off of trades and drafts
    The 90s Knicks drafts and trades
    The 90s Miami trades and draft
    Chicago drafts and trades
    Houston the draft (cant remember how Drexler got there)
    All these teams had some free agents moves too!

Current Miami
    Free agency
    Current Knicks
    free agency and a whole lot of bad drafts and bad trades

Superstars that ran for rings in their later years
    Karl Malone
    Charles Barkley
    The Glove (NBA trivia hint-GP) only one got that it
    There are more but I am not a
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I find it funny there is this whole uproar for this after the Heat and Knicks did this. ? is not different from the Lakers basically stealing Gasol from Memphis. There was no uproar then.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    I find it funny there is this whole uproar for this after the Heat and Knicks did this. ? is not different from the Lakers basically stealing Gasol from Memphis. There was no uproar then.

no one gives a ? bout Paul Gasol thats why
  • allied
    edited February 2011
    Options
    no one gives a ? bout Paul Gasol thats why

Maybe to you doesn't but it is was one of the biggest heists in NBA history. But it's the Lakers so it's alright. But the Knicks finally get some players and now there's a uproar and now the players have too much power. Give me a break this has been going one since Kareem forced a trade from the Bucks to the Lakers.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maybe to you doesn't but it is was one of the biggest heists in NBA history. But it's the Lakers so it's alright. But the Knicks finally get some players and now there's a uproar and now the players have too much power. Give me a break this has been going one since Kareem forced a trade from the Bucks to the Lakers.

blame LeBron

he ruined it for everybody
  • allied
    edited February 2011
    Options
    blame LeBron

he ruined it for everybody

I don't blame Lebron. If you look at it now in hindsight when you see what Cleveland has become he might be a visionary. I just didn't like the ESPN show. But as far as being a free agent and making your decision, more power to him.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't blame Lebron. If you look at it now in hindsight when you see what Cleveland has become he might be a visionary. I just didn't like the ESPN show. But as far as being a free agent and making your decision, more power to him.

u gotta remember lebron was the only ? that left cleveland.......i doubt if shaq big z, varejao was still there cavs would be that bad......