Dwight Hardy Big East Player of the year

Options
eyes low
eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
He has to be dude pretty much put st johns on his back and put them in the top 25. Dont see much talk about him but hes been killing it. last 9 games st.johns is 8-1 hes avg 25pts a game during that stretch and they just knocked off villanova. If they win their next 2 game they can finish as high as 1st in the big east the toughest conference in college basketball. And they beat i think its 6 or 7 top 15 teams

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    He has to be dude pretty much put st johns on his back and put them in the top 25. Dont see much talk about him but hes been killing it. last 9 games st.johns is 8-1 hes avg 25pts a game during that stretch and they just knocked off villanova. If they win their next 2 game they can finish as high as 1st in the big east the toughest conference in college basketball. And they beat i think its 6 or 7 top 15 teams

6 top 25 teams now. Yea hardy has to be, that dude from providence is a ? BALLER also but no one pays attention to him because their squad sucks. Anyways not only has hardy been playin out his mind, but his numbers agains the best competition show thats when he's stepped up the most. He's the reason why they ? beat my squad(pitt.) The other scary thing is st. johns has like 3 of the top 10 recruits coming in next year(if i remember right). Steve Lavin has those boys ballin, I think he should be considered for coach of the year
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kemba Walker>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kemba Walker>>>>>>>>>>>>

1ST half of the season yea.... 2nd half nahhh
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    1ST half of the season yea.... 2nd half nahhh

What do you base your assessment/opinion off?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Dwight has a great case, but thats a senior laden team that has underachieved the last 2 years so they're only doing what they're supposed to be doing. Kemba walker on the other hand is leading a team that I think is completely overated so I think he still has the edge over Dwight Hardy for POY, ? Ben Hansbrough has a case for the award too.

But at this point I'll take Kemba (could change if Dwight/and or Ben Hansbrough keep up what they're doin and Kemba continues to slip alil bit)

But Steve Lavin deserves Big East coach of the year, and should get a look at National Coach of the year (along with Steve Fischer of SD state and a few other coaches)
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What do you base your assessment/opinion off?

11 out of his last 15 games: 8-23,8-27, 6-18, 6-17,5-16, 7-23, 3-14, 7-19, 4-16, 3-10, 10-27. Yea he puts up numbers but he's been gunning. I guess when you considered how sorry his team is like millz said he could move back to my #1. But I like hardy for right now. I'm not saying it would be crazy if he got it, I just don't think his second half has been near the level his first half of the season was
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lets see how this big east tournament goes if st johns makes a run it would be hard to deny hardy or lavin the awards.