Can any religious people disprove this site??? (No trolling)

Options
Bodhi
Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Comments

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

I'm not religious but that site is ? . Christians don't have a patent on ? . That site proves nothing to disprove.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can't ACTUALLY prove/disprove ? , so this thread fails really.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I guess if ? is treated like a product you can get for 4 easy payments of...whatever, this site would have a case.
  • Bodhi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Appreciate your responses. I was raised Christian but recently let go of Christian views and ideas. I read part of the Quran and realized it wasn't for me. As I grow older and read more often, the more I feel disconnected with organized religion. Right now, I'm just reading a lot of things, specifically on African culture and spirituality. The Kybalion, for example. I don't mean to offend anyone here--I know you brothers arent experts on the subject of religion. I'm really looking for unbiased opinions
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There's one part of Africa where elephant ? is considered holy and they make paintings of important religious figures with it.

Maybe that's something you're interested in.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    I'm not religious but that site is ? . Christians don't have a patent on ? . That site proves nothing to disprove.

did you bother to read any of it?
  • Bodhi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There's one part of Africa where elephant ? is considered holy and they make paintings of important religious figures with it.

Maybe that's something you're interested in.

haha not that kind of thing
  • Bodhi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I feel like IF and IF there is a Creator of the universe, he is not as concerned with us as religious people believe he is. He's just the creator and that's it. I don't believe he would be worried about sending people to hell left and right or answering random prayers. But maybe it doesnt exist. Maybe we were born from...??? and will return to the earth/universe. I want a straight answer but it's nothing that can be provided. I'm not sure.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sounds like your current position is deism.

African spirituality wouldn't appease your intellect, if this is the case. Africans are all about praying, animism, totems, etc.
  • Bodhi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What brought you all to your current positions? Like I said, I was raised Christian. When I was a kid, I was actually scared to go to "hell". That's not a way to live IMO. It stifles creativity and intellectual ability. As I got older, in the back of my mind, I knew this stuff I was being fed could not be true. I finally kicked it and began thinking for myself
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What brought you all to your current positions?

Studying different philosophies, logic, history, science, and having the ? to disagree with what most people seem content to believe.

I don't remember any specific turning point.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    You can't ACTUALLY prove/disprove ? , so this thread fails really.

comes as close to disproving ? as anything ive ever seen

figures this thread would be empty tho. soooo much ether in that link.

lmao @ spiritual/religious folks/believers dismissing it because they scared to read it
  • judahxulu
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    did you bother to read any of it?

of course. same ol ? . strawmanning the subject of the existence of a creator by pointing to obvious christian ? as if no other kind of spirituality exists.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It is possible that a creator of all exists, but it will not be proven or disproven by us. Simply put we try to give ourselves more significance than we really have. We are not that important, we live and die and can't even solve things like cancer and ? . What would make any sensible person think we can solve the mystery of rather or not some sole creator of all exists? Those are the type of facts that have pushed me to believe that every religion and book trying to explain ? is ? and anyone that looks you in the eye or tries to convince you that he or she has the answer is a foul self centered idiot.
  • Bodhi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    of course. same ol ? . strawmanning the subject of the existence of a creator by pointing to obvious christian ? as if no other kind of spirituality exists.

America = Christianity
  • Bodhi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    It is possible that a creator of all exists, but it will not be proven or disproven by us. Simply put we try to give ourselves more significance than we really have. We are not that important, we live and die and can't even solve things like cancer and ? . What would make any sensible person think we can solve the mystery of rather or not some sole creator of all exists? Those are the type of facts that have pushed me to believe that every religion and book trying to explain ? is ? and anyone that looks you in the eye or tries to convince you that he or she has the answer is a foul self centered idiot.

This is cool. In the back of my mind though it bothers me because I'm the type of person that likes to have an answer and come to a conclusion. I guess when it comes down to it, you define the purpose of your own life
  • judahxulu
    edited March 2011
    Options
    America = Christianity

true words written^