Hawaii destination weddings

Options
ricanprince
ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in The Powder Room
Would you ever consider doing one of those hawaii destination wedding packages. The one thing I like about the idea, is that if you wanted your honeymoon to be in Hawaii, you are knocking 2 things out at once without having to worry about buying 2 seperate plane tickets and things of that nature

The only main issue would be relatives or friends maybe not having the money to fly over there and then also paying for a hotel

Comments

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I hate your threads !!!!

Anywho.......

Hawaii is very expensive

tickets are like 800 to 1000 a piece
    hotels are at least $300 per night
    food/entertainment is a grip

so it would be hard for people to attend but honestly you only need the groom, bride, a person to do the ceremony and maybe a witness or 2.

and I will say ....

it is the most beautiful place I've ever been. Lanikai is like heaven on earth. I like Kolina too .
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hawaii is too expensive for a destination wedding IMO. And isn't worth it. It's a beautiful place but honestly you can get the same type of beauty in other tropical places for way cheaper which would enable more amenities and perks for your wedding party
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    well thanks Dee and mssouthern (my 2 favorite IC posters) I was not aware that Hawaii was as expensive as you stated, but im not surprised...smh at 800 plane ticket
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wow

at least 800 for plane ticket to hawaii?

not worth it at all
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    oh trust me it was worth every penny

and I bought 2
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    oh trust me it was worth every penny

and I bought 2

i bought a round trip ticket to the Canary Islands for less than $800

? , ive purchased quite a few international tickets that cost less than $800....and im supposed to pay that for a ? us state?

? plz!

im sry lol
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No, only because my family wants to be there and having guests spend hundreds of dollars just to attend my wedding is not something I want to do. If it wasn't for that, I'd definitely consider it. Besides my mom is deathly afraid of getting on a plane, and she'd be devastated if she missed me getting married.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i'm not really a fan of outdoor weddings and an indoor wedding in hawaii would be pointless imo..
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Darc crusader PSA Wedding's
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

i'm not really a fan of outdoor weddings and an indoor wedding in hawaii would be pointless imo..

I thought majority of light skinned left coast females wanted to get married outside somewhere by the beach and water Nthngis4evr a.eujbt

You got like 5 hours until showtime Med School