22nd March 2011... Four great albums, what you going to listen to first?

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Essence
22nd March, 2011... mark the date in your calendar because it's set to be one of the greatest days for hip hop in 2011, with four great albums headed our way.... which one will you listen to first?

CunninLynguists - Oneirology

oneirology.jpg?w=304&h=304

First single:

Pharoahe Monch: W.A.R

7014a__pharoahe-war.jpg

First single:

Zion I and The Grouch: Heroes in the Healing of the Nation

zion-i-the-grouch-heroes-in-the-healing-of-the-nation.jpg

First Single:

Big K.R.I.T: Return of 4EVA

RETURNFINALCOVER.jpg

First single:

---

Vote and post the album of your choice with the reasons why you have to listen to that one first!

Comments

• RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    CunninLynguists: Oneirology

I had to go with this album as we haven't heard an album from them in three years, I can't wait to hear this, I know it'll be one of my favourites of 2011 because of Kno's production and the theme of dreams.

I know that lyrically, this album possibly won't be touching Monch on the Mic, but sometimes, it isn't about the raw lyricism (for me, at least), sometimes it's just about the organic sound and this album is going to stay true throughout and really take you there... so... after little time pondering, this album is my choice.

Then, in order:

Pharoahe Monch: W.A.R
    Zion I & The Grouch: Heroes in the Healing of the Nation
    Big K.R.I.T: Return of 4EVA
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Off the strength of these songs, Cunninlynguists... that song is immense.

But ill probs get Pharoahe Monch first, cause he never dissapoints and im only just startin to get into Cunninlynguists.

Then ill be checking for Big K.R.I.T then Zion I
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Off the strength of these songs, Cunninlynguists... that song is immense.

But ill probs get Pharoahe Monch first, cause he never dissapoints and im only just startin to get into Cunninlynguists.

Then ill be checking for Big K.R.I.T then Zion I

I have a feeling Monch might run away with this, but I think CL will be a better album overall!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Never really been into the 'lynguists as much as I would like to.

have already copped Monch, will have to hear a bit of good vibes from K.R.I.T'S ? before I cop
  • rip.dilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That Monch track posted by the T/S has that boom bap ? I likes
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Never really been into the 'lynguists as much as I would like to.

have already copped Monch, will have to hear a bit of good vibes from K.R.I.T'S ? before I cop

You coppin' CunninLynguists though?

Yeah, I love Monch's single, it's going to be a great album, I'm sure... I just prefer the 'Lynguists over him, as they're one of my favourites.
    That Monch track posted by the T/S has that boom bap ? I likes

haha apparently the Exile produced track really works out as well, can see this album being one of his best...
  • rip.dilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Like I said I've not been really into them so unfortunately... NO

That ? was produced by Exile? Wow, he's learned some good tips from the master himself, Premo

This track was one of my faves off Monch's last album, Desire, very slept on dope record
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? im coppin all four. im really juice to get tha Zion I/Grouch joint and that Pharoahe joint as well. im about to cash the ? out that day

oh and Plan Bs album hits stateside this month too so ill be on the prowl to get that as well.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Monch working with Exile....

Looking forward to that
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pharoahe Monch for me, but I'll give CunninLynguists a listen soon after. Haven't given Big K.R.I.T. a listen before but Zion I and The Grouch should be good so I'll probably give that a chance at some point too.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Like I said I've not been really into them so unfortunately... NO

That ? was produced by Exile? Wow, he's learned some good tips from the master himself, Premo

No, no, that track was produced by an Australian producer called M-Phazes.

There's an Exile produced track on the album though, and the album reviewers are saying that they mesh together well!!
    satyrone wrote: »
    ? im coppin all four. im really juice to get tha Zion I/Grouch joint and that Pharoahe joint as well. im about to cash the ? out that day

oh and Plan Bs album hits stateside this month too so ill be on the prowl to get that as well.

I can't afford them all, I'm just going with Pharoahe and CL's...

Plan B's getting bigger by the minute, be interesting to see how he'll do stateside :tu
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Monch working with Exile....

Looking forward to that

No doubt, never thought I'd hear Pharoahe over Exile's production, got me hyped when I heard that...
    Pharoahe Monch for me, but I'll give CunninLynguists a listen soon after. Haven't given Big K.R.I.T. a listen before but Zion I and The Grouch should be good so I'll probably give that a chance at some point too.

Man, Monch is winning out!!

Glad you'll be copping CL though!! :tu
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited March 2011
    Options
    CunninLynguists. But KRIT won't be far behind.

Monch is a guranteed listen but I will have to be patient. Zion I usually deliver but their last couple of releses have been so so.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. Monch
    2. Cunninlynguists
    3. KRIT

Damn I dont think Ive ever bought 3 albums in one day.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    CunninLynguists. But KRIT won't be far behind.

Monch is a guranteed listen but I will have to be patient. Zion I usually deliver but their last couple of releses have been so so.

Props, I'm not alone with my choice lol.

You need to press the vote though, ty.

I'm with you apart from I can't wait for Monch, so I'll be waiting on K.R.I.T instead... can't really go wrong with any of the four though....

Know what you mean about Zion I, but I really liked The Takeover, it had interesting beats and some nice tracks :unno:
    hlf wrote: »
    1. Monch
    2. Cunninlynguists
    3. KRIT

Damn I dont think Ive ever bought 3 albums in one day.

It's a great day, no doubt. Props on coppin' the CunninLynguists, their pre-order limited edition double disc album just sold out.

But as long as we get the album, can't knock it!!! Albums are all going to be great!! Best month in years.
  • wtruckc
    wtruckc Members Posts: 9
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The first one i"m going to listen to will be cunninLynguists, but Zion I & The Grouch will be a close second. I will be giving monch and listen too. never really got into big K.R.I.T. he ain't bad but anyone with a big or little infront of there name kinda throws me off maybe its just me.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wtruckc wrote: »
    The first one i"m going to listen to will be cunninLynguists, but Zion I & The Grouch will be a close second. I will be giving monch and listen too. never really got into big K.R.I.T. he ain't bad but anyone with a big or little infront of there name kinda throws me off maybe its just me.

Big Boi is a pretty good example of a reason as to why not to be like that...

Glad you're looking forward to the Zion I/Grouch project though, it's a shame that album would be praised on another day or even another month, but the 22nd has people overlooking it... it should be a slept on nice record though.

Big K.R.I.T is decent from what I've heard from him. I'm a fan of this:

The single is nice too from the first post in this thread.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Krit

• RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Krit

Why? Come on, lazy poster.

lol
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its Pharaoh could care less about the other cats.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Its Pharaoh could care less about the other cats.

Damn, surprising coming from you... you don't care for CunninLynguists?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Damn, surprising coming from you... you don't care for CunninLynguists?
    Always been a big Monch fan... not that the other artist are wack...I never checked for them.. blame it on the fact that there so much hiphop that I havent had the time to really peep them out.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Always been a big Monch fan... not that the other artist are wack...I never checked for them.. blame it on the fact that there so much hiphop that I havent had the time to really peep them out.

Nah, I can understand that, no doubt.

But you have good taste in hip hop and it's surprising you've never stumbled across them as they've been around ten years now and have one of the greatest producers period, IMO, in Kno.

Check them out, I made an artist of the month about them a while back:

CunninLynguists: A Decade of Genius
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    CunninLynguists ftw

not really checking for pharoah since i'm not much of a fan...i still need to check out a song from krit and i ain't listen zion 1 since their 97 album
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    CunninLynguists ftw

not really checking for pharoah since i'm not much of a fan...i still need to check out a song from krit and i ain't listen zion 1 since their 97 album

Vote lol.

What don't you like about Pharoah's music?

K.R.I.T's worth checking out, IMO from the few songs I've checked. I'm waiting for his debut to drop before I give him a full listen.

Zion I have had a nice career, their first album was in 2000 - Mind Over Matter? Enter the Woods was their EP from 97... you just checked their EP?
  • rip.dilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Monch is WINNING.