Do you have a heart condition?

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Ever since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, mankind has utterly failed to solve the problem of the heart. We have tried everything from war to psychology to peace treaties to drinking to counseling to drug use and on and on and on, in order to find out why mankind can't not live in harmony and peace. But ? strictly declares that it is the human heart that is the center of all the problems. ? says in Jeremiah 17:9 that, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

You see the heart is at the center of all of our beings. Out of our heart proceed the issues of life. ? warns us in Proverbs 4:23 to, "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." We act out the thoughts of our hearts daily. So what are you storing in the treasures of your heart? What is coming out of the wellspring of your heart today? Because whatever you fill your heart with, will be what comes out in your daily life. Jesus proclaimed during His sermon on the mount that, "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh." (Luke 6:45) What a revelation that the Lord of Hosts gave to His creation! For of the abundance of ones heart, your mouth speaks! How true that statement is! The way, the truth, and the life drops bombshell after bombshell, doesn't he?

Well today, I want to give those who don't know Christ personally as their Lord and Savior an invitation to salvation. ? emphatically declares that He is able to save to the uttermost, any and everybody that comes to Jesus Christ by faith. "wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto ? by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7:25) Jesus Christ died once and for all to save humanity from the exceeding deceitfulness of sin that has corrupted our nature and our hearts. Only He is able to give those who come to Him a new heart and a new nature. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17) I implore you as a believer in Christ that ? can and will do the most amazing transformation in your life that no scientist, philosopher, or psychologist can ever offer you or achieve. ? desires to give you LIFE my friends. How can anybody deny the gift of eternal life? And a free gift at that! Don't let this opportunity pass you by.

"1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in ? , believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 5Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:1-6

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"
    Because the heart knows no reason.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."
    And if you don't keep it in check with your reasoning mind, the heart will get you into all manner of trouble.

Ironic that religion kinda says F-the logic, its about the love(emotion/heart)