Why do African Americans find pleasure in Mockin Africa and its culture?

Options
Mumo X
Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Like the Late Great Peter Tosh said, it dont matter where you wuz born but as long as you Black you an African whether you wuz born and bred in Europe,America,Asia,Australia.

I find this disturbing when Black Americans(not all of them) clown Africans and our culture on movies, stand up comedies and even Hiphop Music. Jay Z did it in his Girls Girls Girls Video. He had beautiful women represent various races but had an ugly woman reppin Afrika. I jus dont understand how a conscious Brother like Ice Cube could use his movies as a platform of disrespecting the motherland and makin us look bad. Yall view us as UNeducated,dumb,dispeccable human beings who live in the jungle.

BLACK people in Carribbean,Latin America.....in Brazil,Haiti,Jamaica, dont do that BS

I mean how can a BLACK man clown a continent that birthed blacks? Much respect to Malcolm X,Muhammad Ali,Nas,Pac,Afeni,Dave Chapelle,Serena Williams.......

I gues Pac wuz right when he said that he dont trust nobody cuz he black cuz the same ignorant brothers wanted him dead.

Bob Marley said he aint on the black side nor the white side, he on ? 's side.....

I seen some posts here say that Obama aint Black enough cuz he the son of an Immigrant and he aint trace his ancestry through slavery. Cmon, whats up with all this? Obama came from a White ? but he married a sister and immersed himself in the Black culture even tho he wuz raised by whites. He aint perfect and i dont support some of his policies but as a Kenyan Im proud of what Barrack Hussein Obama has accomplished.

Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    which african culture specifically are you talking about?

because i mock the one where they hunt pygmy people and eat them because they think it will give them magic powers, but not all africans do that

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/extermination--of-the-pygmies-552332.html
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    cause ? iz ?

Word gns....

This ? is unacceptable.

Its gotta stop. I cant cosign anybody who disses my Kenyan and Afrikan heritage........
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    which african culture specifically are you talking about?

because i mock the one where they hunt pygmy people and eat them because they think it will give them magic powers, but not all africans do that

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/extermination--of-the-pygmies-552332.html

"Every student of history, of impartial mind, knows that the ? once ruled the world, when white men were savages and barbarians living in caves; that thousands of ? professors at that time taught in the universities in Alexandria; that ancient Egypt gave the world civilization and that Greece and Rome have robbed Egypt of her arts and letters, and taken all the credit to themselves"-Marcus Garvey
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah cuz Afrikans neeeever say negative ? about American blacks right?

Kai went back and forth for a trillion pages with uppity (for no reason) ass Africans about thier looking down on AA.

So lets not play the victim. Yeah u all get called African ? scratcher and have your accents made fun of. But u idiots think we are all lazy and shiftless and stupid. A lot of these ? are. But A lot of u ? are the stereotypes u hear over here too.

Its all ignorance but lets not pretend its one sided. U African muthafukkas will be the most arrogant muthafukkas in the room wearing ? ass sandals and a fly for a nose ring. And got the nerve to be looking at us like we aint working hard enough.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    "Every student of history, of impartial mind, knows that the ? once ruled the world, when white men were savages and barbarians living in caves; that thousands of ? professors at that time taught in the universities in Alexandria; that ancient Egypt gave the world civilization and that Greece and Rome have robbed Egypt of her arts and letters, and taken all the credit to themselves"-Marcus Garvey

1. Black people never ruled "the world." They ruled Africa, but that's sort of obvious.

2. Socrates was around before the Library of Alexandria was even built.

3. Do Kenyans eat pygmy people for their magic?
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thread about black people was made more than 30 minutes ago

...In after KTULU....
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Yeah cuz Afrikans neeeever say negative ? about American blacks right?

Kai went back and forth for a trillion pages with uppity (for no reason) ass Africans about thier looking down on AA.

So lets not play the victim. Yeah u all get called African ? scratcher and have your accents made fun of. But u idiots think we are all lazy and shiftless and stupid. A lot of these ? are. But A lot of u ? are the stereotypes u hear over here too.

Its all ignorance but lets not pretend its one sided. U African muthafukkas will be the most arrogant muthafukkas in the room wearing ? ass sandals and a fly for a nose ring. And got the nerve to be looking at us like we aint working hard enough.

Thats some disrespectful ? from someone whom i thought wuz a respectable poster.

90% of Afrikans never clown no Afrikan Americans. we rarely do that ? . But yall make fun of our accents,culture,traditions to appeathe white man. Thats nuthin but the truth. Im sayin it aint all black americans but some of yall look down on us.

I love my accent. I wouldnt trade it for anything. I rep Afrika.

Funny thing is that yall also mock the Jamaicans,Haitians and Latin Blacks like you find pleasure in it. smh!!!!

Like i said, thank Afrika for givin yall the 1st Black President and mind you Afrika and Caribbean birthed hiphop....
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thats some disrespectful ? from someone whom i thought wuz a respectable poster.

90% of Afrikans never clown no Afrikan Americans. we rarely do that ? . But yall make fun of our accents,culture,traditions to appeathe white man. Thats nuthin but the truth. Im sayin it aint all black americans but some of yall look down on us.

Funny thing is that yall also mock the Jamaicans,Haitians and Latin Blacks like you find pleasure in it. smh!!!!

Like i said, thank Afrika for givin yall the 1st Black President and mind you Afrika and Caribbean birthed hiphop....

Do you speak your ancient lanaguage or the white man lanaguage?
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. Black people never ruled "the world." They ruled Africa, but that's sort of obvious.

2. Socrates was around before the Library of Alexandria was even built.

3. Do Kenyans eat pygmy people for their magic?

? ?

Afrika is the cradle of mankind and the mother of civilization ? ....
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Unfortunately, KTULU gonna troll ? all over this thread...
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Do you speak your ancient lanaguage or the white man lanaguage?

Im proud of my so called ancient language.....

Im a fluent speaker of 5 Afrikan Languages
    Swahili
    Zulu
    Setswana
    Kamba
    Kikuyu

I could care less bout English but im fluent in it even tho my accent is purely Afrikan 9 ( ask gee757,i spoken wit him) and lets not act like they is one accent better than the other.......
  • DarcSkies
    edited March 2011
    Options

Dude Im being 100 percent authentic. Afrikans here in the US can be some arrogant ? that look down on AA but dont even have THEIR ? together.

So dont play the victim. I conceded that its on both sides. But dont act like Afrikans dont look down on AA also is all Im saying.

Its all ignorance at the end of the day.

As for your accent. GOod for you. BUt Afrikans need to stop coming to America and saying blacks are lazy and blacks are violent, etc etc. Cuz Ive heard other people say that africans have said it. And Ive heard it with my own ears.

So its on both sides. Afikans arent the victims here.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    But yall make fun of our accents,culture,traditions to appeathe white man.

Yo how the ? do you have a lisp while typing?
    Afrika
    Spelling Africa with a K is just the way the Germans preferred to do it. There's nothing Afrocentric about it. I laugh when you people do this.
    Afrika is the cradle of mankind
    Yes, humans evolved from lesser apes in Africa. We all agree on this.
    and the mother of civilization ? ....
    Actually "civilization" popped up in the Middle East, India, and East Asia at about the same time. Europe was too rugged for people to survive there in large populations until the ingenuity of the white man allowed for it. Then he promptly took over the world and y'all are still jealous.
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The African people dont think that all Black americans live in the hood,or yall gangstas or lazy. nope. thats what the white media has portrayed blacks in america and thats jus wrong. I cant cosign that BS.

But majority of Black Americans buy into how the white media depicts afrika as a disease infected continent,poor,war torn and thats jus wrong. How can you believe that 80% of us guys live in the jungle wit wild animals??

Every continent is susceptible to disasters. There is war in the congo,sierra leone but in yugoslavia too. Look the floods in Australia, how bout 9/11 and hurricane katrina......

The world is full of problems so stop pointin the finger on afrika and mockin our culture.
  • DarcSkies
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The African people dont think that all Black americans live in the hood,or yall gangstas or lazy. nope. thats what the white media has portrayed blacks in america and thats jus wrong. I cant cosign that BS.
    Well Ive heard Afrikans (specifically older Ethiopians & NIgerians) say it about blacks in general. So...yeah
    But majority of Black Americans buy into how the white media depicts afrika as a disease infected continent,poor,war torn and thats jus wrong. How can you believe that 80% of us guys live in the jungle wit wild animals??
    Uh...I dont believe that. Why are you saying I do? You are proving my point about how afrikans are quick to believe stereotypes about AA.

Every continent is susceptible to disasters. There is war in the congo,sierra leone but in yugoslavia too. Look the floods in Australia, how bout 9/11 and hurricane katrina......
    Yeah...never said differently.
    The world is full of problems so stop pointin the finger on afrika and mockin our culture.
    BUt....um...I.Dont.mock.your.culture.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    afrika as a disease infected continent,poor,war torn

It has the highest levels of disease, including ? that y'all got from ? monkeys.

It is the poorest of the continents.

And it consistently has the most wars and the most meaningless wars. Y'all use child soldiers. Y'all enslave each other.
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dude Im being 100 percent authentic. Afrikans here in the US can be some arrogant ? that look down on AA but dont even have THEIR ? together.

So dont play the victim. I conceded that its on both sides. But dont act like Afrikans dont look down on AA also is all Im saying.

Its all ignorance at the end of the day.

As for your accent. GOod for you. BUt Afrikans need to stop coming to America and saying blacks are lazy and blacks are violent, etc etc. Cuz Ive heard other people say that africans have said it. And Ive heard it with my own ears.

So its on both sides. Afikans arent the victims here.

So now you sayin Afrikans should not come to America? why is that? The few Ignorant Afrikans are the ones who believe that Afrikan Americans are violent.

I have family in America, friends too. And some of the get on well with african americans but when others hear yo accent they like, where you from? the jungle?
    Thats unacceptable. America imo is no ones land, anybody can come there and settle.

What if Kool herc hadnt left Jamaica?
    What if Barrack Hussein Obama hadnt left Afrika in the 60s to come to America?

There is a big difference between mockin the personality/character of a people and mocking the culture/heritage/traditions/roots/language
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    An IP check on Mumo X would reveal some interesting things.
  • DarcSkies
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So now you sayin Afrikans should not come to America? why is that?
    WHOOOOAAAAAAAA.....now you just being weird. Are u an alias? Cuz i CLEARLY had words after that. HOw u gonna stop mid-sentence like i really didnt say anything after that? Stop trolling KTULU.

And I agree with A. Jackson.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    An IP check on Mumo X would reveal some interesting things.

y'all really think this cat is from or in Africa?

really?

he don't type like Busayo.
  • DarcSkies
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It has the highest levels of disease, including ? that y'all got from ? monkeys.
    lol @ u believing the Monkey ? theory.
    y'all really think this cat is from or in Africa?

really?

he don't type like Busayo.
    Far as Im concerned every alias that focuses on race is really you lol
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I don't even mock African culture nor ignorant of his majestic history, but like Darc said lets don't play the blame and victim game. I know some cool ones and I know some look at some of us as ? people and don't even give respect to us. So its ignorance on both ends of the scope. We both need to understand and learn from each other. That's key and esp in america but some born from the motherland need to learn what we went through and maybe that will make the difference.

Nice drop brother. I agree its both sides. Its time we dead this BS and recognise we brothers separated by the white man but its gets me livid when a black american tells me i dont know nuthin bout Hiphop and american sports or anyone who mocks the motherland or caribbean especially Jamaica and Haiti
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mumo you got a chance to prove you actually Kenyan before the IP check comes in.
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    WHOOOOAAAAAAAA.....now you just being weird. Are u an alias? Cuz i CLEARLY had words after that. HOw u gonna stop mid-sentence like i really didnt say anything after that? Stop trolling KTULU.

And I agree with A. Jackson.

Nope i aint no alias.

How can you Mumo X on the same sentence as that ? Ktulu?

Like i said this pride taken by BlackAmericans in Clowning the motherland has to stop.

Talib Kweli or Mosdef or Serena Williams cant cosign that BS