When It's All Said And Done Michael Cera Is Going To Be The GOAT Actor.

Options
MrJR
MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
This guy is so young but it seems like whatever role he does he stays making it a classic movie.From My Louisiana Sky to Superbad to one of my all time favorite movie Juno and Nick and Norah Infinite Playlist the movies keep getting better and he consistent with his ? .He recently starred in a slept on master piece movie Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.The best part about it is he's only 22.

Top 5 Actors Right now

1.Michael Cera
2.Joesph Gordon Levitt
3.Bradley Cooper
4.Jaden Smith
5.Steve Carell

Comments

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Doesn't he basically play the same awkward introvert in every movie? I haven't seen every film he's in but the ones I did see are more of the same. Nothing against the guy, but he would never be in my top 5 most promising. Neither would 3 of those others you mentioned. The only one I can co-sign is Joseph Gordon Levitt. I see alot of potential in him.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hes such a 1 note actor but hes funny as hell doing that i dunno......

and he always gets matched up with these fine ass women in his movies

CERA WINNING
  • MrJR
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Doesn't he basically play the same awkward introvert in every movie? I haven't seen every film he's in but the ones I did see are more of the same. Nothing against the guy, but he would never be in my top 5 most promising. Neither would 3 of those others you mentioned. The only one I can co-sign is Joseph Gordon Levitt. I see alot of potential in him.

Karate Kid is one of the greatest remakes ever.Hangover is just epic and The Office is the best show on t.v.40 year old ? is a classic film
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    CEra has been playing the same character since Arrested Development. But it works and is funny so don't take tat statement as hate. is range is limit is all. Put him a in a legit serious movie with no comedic toning and he'd likely flop. Word to Seth Rogen
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    funny..........another one
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dude is good at what he does. ? need to realize movies are to entertain and Cera does a good job at entertaining....well me atleast
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

was bout to say that ?

i was thinkin the kid from zombie land and facebook movie is gonna have a better career
    he shows a little bit more range
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I kinda agree with u on Bradley Cooper. I wanna check that new movie has coming out with Robert DiNero; looks kinda promising.
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    Karate Kid is one of the greatest remakes ever.Hangover is just epic and The Office is the best show on t.v.40 year old ? is a classic film

Karate Kid is one of the greatest remakes ever? The muthafu*ka was doing Kung Fu!!! That already makes it's a epic fail.

The Mr. Miyagi counterpart needed help from the student to make it through life. The student isn't supposed to be teaching the master life lessons!!!

The kids martial arts training consisted of basic movements but when he was in the tournament he looked like he was a Shaolin master. WTF?

Wiill Smith and his company should of just made something original.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    antoseeg wrote: »
    Karate Kid is one of the greatest remakes ever? The muthafu*ka was doing Kung Fu!!! That already makes it's a epic fail.

The Mr. Miyagi counterpart needed help from the student to make it through life. The student isn't supposed to be teaching the master life lessons!!!

The kids martial arts training consisted of basic movements but when he was in the tournament he looked like he was a Shaolin master. WTF?

So they're supposed to show him training for every move? LOL ? will hate everything
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ROFL ? stays trollin all the forums
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    So they're supposed to show him training for every move? LOL ? will hate everything

They don't have to show everything but they should at least show significant progression to make it believable. 8/10 of his training consisted of the taking his coat off and putting it back on lesson, another tenth consisted of stretching exercises and the last tenth of his training in no way shape or form accounts for how good he was.

A person who takes basic boxing lessons for a short period of time can't get in the ring and be Muhammad Ali, that doesn't make sense. In the original Karate Kid they showed his training and progression in a way that made it believable and his fighting techniques consisted of moves that he was taught in training. This new Karate Kid didn't do any of the moves that he was taught in training and did stuff that didn't make sense for him to know how to do.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Don't find him entertaining. Just sayin.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Stop mixing the Hen with Pinesol.

Cat has been playing the same character since Arrested Development. Outside of Juno and Nick and Norah, which was carried by everyone around him, he's worthless. He just took it in the ass from the right exec and that's how his career keeps going.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can't believe ya'll taking Forest Whitaker's bastard child threads so serious.
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That dude from Terminator Salvation who played the young reese got a lot of potential I think he is starring in the Fright Night remale to him and Jordan Gordan Leavitt. You should see Brick with JGL not a bad flick those to got potential, but Cera? please his career should be going down hill any minute now.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    ROFL ? stays trollin all the forums

lol, Yeah, and people stay tryin' to seriously debate against his ? . And ? that Karate Kid remake
  • MrJR
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I kinda agree with u on Bradley Cooper. I wanna check that new movie has coming out with Robert DiNero; looks kinda promising.

Many people sleeps on Bradley Cooper acting glad to see you c/s my thread.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    was bout to say that ?

i was thinkin the kid from zombie land and facebook movie is gonna have a better career
    he shows a little bit more range

Zombieland was the ?
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    while i agree that he plays the same role ppl shouldnt judge his potential just because of that. I mean at the start of jim careys, adam ? , and even marlon wayons career who woulkdve thought any of them could give a serious performance? Just so happens that all of them did.With that being said tho its to early to be puttin cera in a category of being the GOAT actor.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    while i agree that he plays the same role ppl shouldnt judge his potential just because of that. I mean at the start of jim careys, adam ? , and even marlon wayons career who woulkdve thought any of them could give a serious performance? Just so happens that all of them did.With that being said tho its to early to be puttin cera in a category of being the GOAT actor.

Jim Carrey, Adam ? , and Marlon Wayans still aren't GOAT actors.

GOAT comedians? Maybe to someone. But actors, absolutely not.
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited March 2011
    Options
    antoseeg wrote: »

I wasn't feeling it like everyone else.
  • MrJR
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Superbad>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Hangover and any other comedy ever made
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    emile hirsch, ben foster, james franco and joseph gordon-levitt are all better young actors imo