Name an original story from the Bible or Quran

Options
ThaChozenWun
ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Let's spit em out and discuss em...........................

Don't list these as they are told too often in other ancient myths long before the Bible or Quran and are not needed for discussion.

Flood Story & The Arc
Creation story
Moses stories
Fallen Angels

Comments

• TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    where are moses stories told in ancient myths?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    TimroD wrote: »
    where are moses stories told in ancient myths?

There are writings supposedly from Moses dated around 1700 B.C. They aren't near as lengthy or important as his writings used in the Old Testament, but some scholars believe they were him none the less. I said don't include him because I believe him to have actually lived and written.
  • TimroD
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jesus yeshua of nazareth
  • TimroD
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    The Bible is basically a rip off of the Torah
    not sure about the Koran

its actually not a rip off its a continuation
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought the Torah was the first 5 books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy).
  • TimroD
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wrong

jesus is a rip off of Horus

the new testament is, the old testament is very similar to the torah, enough so to claim plagiarism

u been watchin zeitgeist ayy?

judaism was the first abrahamic religion, christianity and islam followed how can they be a rip of when they never deny the origins?
  • TimroD
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I didnt like the ferst zeitgeist 2 much
    but i had heard of the similarities between jesus and other preciding religious figures before i saw the movie
    Dan Brown touches on the subject a lot

as for a rip off,
    Idunno
    Is Jay-Z spitting Bigs lines still biting ? We all know it's bigs ? .

i dont know much bout dan brown and didnt read his books

but why do u believe this guy?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Because i've come to notice that nothing is original anymore. Nothing big at least. Everything is just a previous idea reiterated. Man has been creating for thousands upon thousands of years. You really think the Jesus story original? There have been countless religions created prior to Christianity, chances of it being a sham we're fairly high.

The fact that someone could put a name to it just solidified the idea.

Who the ? is jesus? He never existed

But on another note Have you heard of this dude name yeshua ben yosef?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jesus nor Yeshua Ben Yosef is not original, the name yes, but too many features have been used long before him for it too be a legitimate original.
  • universaltruth
    universaltruth Members Posts: 193
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think Job and his story is original, not sure tho....
  • Olorun22
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jesus nor Yeshua Ben Yosef is not original, the name yes, but too many features have been used long before him for it too be a legitimate original.

Is that right bruh? Yeshua was a real person so wat are you talking about
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Is that right bruh? Yeshua was a real person so wat are you talking about

His story isn't and there isn't solid proof he existed... try again.
  • Olorun22
    edited March 2011
    Options
    His story isn't and there isn't solid proof he existed... try again.

What proof do you need? Pictures ?video?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What proof do you need? Pictures ?video?

Grave, Body, originality... that kind of ?
  • Olorun22
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Grave, Body, originality... that kind of ?

Why would he have a grave when he cam back from the dead and what story are you trying to compare his story too?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why would he have a grave when he cam back from the dead and what story are you trying to compare his story too?

You're a fool if you believe the Jesus ? . Go do a little research on the new testament. And he'd still have a grave, his physical body didn't leave, and even if it had there still would be a marker on the tomb he was held in prior to it.

And there's at least 10 other pagan gods or folk heroes before Jesus that have atrributes Jesus claims. Jesus is an amalgam of them all.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Bible is basically a rip off of the Torah
    not sure about the Koran

lmaaaoooooooooooooo

the torah are the first 5 books of the old testament, the law of moses you stupid fuckign idiot, are compltely and utterly ? ?

lol.

and horus/tammuz/nimrod and got ? to do with jesus, but thats who the catholic church wosrhip secrtetly decieving people who think they worship white jesus, and the same applies to mary/isis/semiramis/ishtar/ashtarte/venus/aphrodite

december 25th is nimrod birdthday n the chrisrmass tree is said to be the rebirth of nimrod, ? aint got nothing to do with jesus u dumb stupid ? ...its just paganism n ? roman catholic dogma.
  • Olorun22
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're a fool if you believe the Jesus ? . Go do a little research on the new testament. And he'd still have a grave, his physical body didn't leave, and even if it had there still would be a marker on the tomb he was held in prior to it.

And there's at least 10 other pagan gods or folk heroes before Jesus that have atrributes Jesus claims. Jesus is an amalgam of them all.

Dawg I already kno ur type and im pretty sure with your 9 + post you had this argument alot of time and i know about those stupid stories that people try to attribute the yeshua story too and if you research you know it wouldnt be true but to each ya own
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

non-biblical accounts of yeshua differ from the usual astro-theological archetype for the half-man/half-? . really the whole Hebraic texts is about a race of this archetype (adamic) and their eventual distillation into the Hebrew tribes i.e. Israel, Ishmael. christianity made it about an individual which is totally not the point.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dawg I already kno ur type and im pretty sure with your 9 + post you had this argument alot of time and i know about those stupid stories that people try to attribute the yeshua story too and if you research you know it wouldnt be true but to each ya own

They don't try to the ? is there. You don't have to try to do something if it's already there.
    judahxulu wrote: »
    non-biblical accounts of yeshua differ from the usual astro-theological archetype for the half-man/half-? . really the whole Hebraic texts is about a race of this archetype (adamic) and their eventual distillation into the Hebrew tribes i.e. Israel, Ishmael. christianity made it about an individual which is totally not the point.

Right. The New Testaments version of Jesus to me was a metaphor for the first race of mankind that had both the attributes of physical beings as well as the spiritual mind and ability of a ? and it told the story of how we were supposed to act to retain this status. Most people read the translated English version and it makes it seem like a bronze age folk hero though which they truly believe was a single man ? child.

Question though what do you think about the use of things like being born of a ? , etc... throughout writings around the world being used in connection with other gods, you think it was all made up or do you believe at some point there were these things happening to certain people? Obviously you wouldn't believe in Jesus, Osiris, Horus, and them but in your opinion why and how did these stories begin to originate?
  • judahxulu
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They don't try to the ? is there. You don't have to try to do something if it's already there.

Right. The New Testaments version of Jesus to me was a metaphor for the first race of mankind that had both the attributes of physical beings as well as the spiritual mind and ability of a ? and it told the story of how we were supposed to act to retain this status. Most people read the translated English version and it makes it seem like a bronze age folk hero though which they truly believe was a single man ? child.

Question though what do you think about the use of things like being born of a ? , etc... throughout writings around the world being used in connection with other gods, you think it was all made up or do you believe at some point there were these things happening to certain people? Obviously you wouldn't believe in Jesus, Osiris, Horus, and them but in your opinion why and how did these stories begin to originate?

right. son of man = progeny of the adam race. "who do they say the son of man is?"

i've observed the overlap in stories too and the different cultures be too spread apart for me just to dismiss it as some "illuminati ? " or simple plagiarism. i think ita more than likely semi-allegorical adaptations of some things that actually happened. i think that there was some kind of oral tradition or perhaps purposely obscured writings that predate known human development in kemet, the levant and even the indus valley. its a common origin to it all but im not satisfied with the explanations people have put out there whether it has an atheist, religious, new age or ancient alien spin. i've spent the last ten years trying to put the puzzle pieces together myself. ? is mad laborious.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its all myths

myths are generally about super ? happening

so, all these myths have similarities

problem solved
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    right. son of man = progeny of the adam race. "who do they say the son of man is?"

i've observed the overlap in stories too and the different cultures be too spread apart for me just to dismiss it as some "illuminati ? " or simple plagiarism. i think ita more than likely semi-allegorical adaptations of some things that actually happened. i think that there was some kind of oral tradition or perhaps purposely obscured writings that predate known human development in kemet, the levant and even the indus valley. its a common origin to it all but im not satisfied with the explanations people have put out there whether it has an atheist, religious, new age or ancient alien spin. i've spent the last ten years trying to put the puzzle pieces together myself. ? is mad laborious.

The way I'm starting to believe some of the characteristics of many gods are very simple meanings and the Gods don't mean creators in these stories but rather specific areas of mankind like

Being Born of a ? - Being birthed from a universe of purity

Son of ? - We are part of the universe, not just beings in it

Being Killed to come back later - Your actions before death effect the future world and the coming back to life to me is a way of saying like "you could be born again into the world you messed up so be careful what you're doing"

Walking on water, being presented with gold at birth, etc... - means that man is given dominion over the Earth

As for the stories like Noahs Ark/Gilgamesh and such I agree, there's so much time and effort that can be put into it but in the end it seems to be that they are all adaptations from an original story that took place at some time. I mean the guy building an ark in time for a great flood spreads the entire globe and all at a time that writing isn't known to have existed and cultures from that far weren't known to communicate.
  • judahxulu
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The way I'm starting to believe some of the characteristics of many gods are very simple meanings and the Gods don't mean creators in these stories but rather specific areas of mankind like

Being Born of a ? - Being birthed from a universe of purity

Son of ? - We are part of the universe, not just beings in it

Being Killed to come back later - Your actions before death effect the future world and the coming back to life to me is a way of saying like "you could be born again into the world you messed up so be careful what you're doing"

Walking on water, being presented with gold at birth, etc... - means that man is given dominion over the Earth

As for the stories like Noahs Ark/Gilgamesh and such I agree, there's so much time and effort that can be put into it but in the end it seems to be that they are all adaptations from an original story that took place at some time. I mean the guy building an ark in time for a great flood spreads the entire globe and all at a time that writing isn't known to have existed and cultures from that far weren't known to communicate.
    wow. i've thought the exact same thing. especially that last sentence. i don't really get down with all the secret society fear-mongering that seems to dominate the net, but i think somebody somewhere knows how all of it ties in and they're keeping close to the vest.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wow. i've thought the exact same thing. especially that last sentence. i don't really get down with all the secret society fear-mongering that seems to dominate the net, but i think somebody somewhere knows how all of it ties in and they're keeping close to the vest.

What would be the reasoning behind hiding it though? If someone was immortal sure I could see how they could keep it safe guarded to maintain a grip on the world by feeding them made up stories and beliefs but humanity is too vast and interchangeable for me to believe that.

Then there's perhaps the idea that our fate is sealed in a way that would throw us into chaos and just wreck us emotionally.

Then there's the pseudo intellectual things and conspiracies things like the Illuminati, mankind being created to serve El and Anu, humans being a test species, advanced civilizations inside the earth, repeating cycles of humans leaving the home planet for another when end time is near, white people being aliens etc...

Too me the most plausible is the second but I really don't understand why someone would hide that information any other way.