Do you think Roger Ebert could make a good movie?

Options
American.Loo
American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Like, since he been critquing and ethering movies for decades now. the way he writes, he'll rip your script, cinemetography and all that to shreds if you dont come with it.

so lets say he had whatever size budget he needed, would Ebert make the greatest movie of all time???

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    dudes ugly,nh.
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i think he should try to make one, at least before he dies.

i'd love to see what he could do. ? is considered an expert on films.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Like, since he been critquing and ethering movies for decades now. the way he writes, he'll rip your script, cinemetography and all that to shreds if you dont come with it.

so lets say he had whatever size budget he needed, would Ebert make the greatest movie of all time???

I think he could PRODUCE a great movie.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To put it simply: No, he could not.

His knowledge of cinema is too vast, so he would end up making something that would go over the average movie watcher's head due to all of the subtle nuances. With all the movies that he's watched, there are literally too many chefs in his kitchen to make a good soup.
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited March 2011
    Options
    knights wrote: »
    To put it simply: No, he could not.

His knowledge of cinema is too vast, so he would end up making something that would go over the average movie watcher's head due to all of the subtle nuances. With all the movies that he's watched, there are literally too many chefs in his kitchen to make a good soup.

Agree with this. And the studio who would pick up the project probably wouldn't have time and money for Ebert to experiment and get the shot the way he wants.
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think he'd make a movie he'd love, that would get critically panned, which would mentally ? him and his desire to critique films.
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He has written a few movies before. Peep IMDB. I've been following Roger's writing for years and I think he could write a great flick. As for direct, can't really say since there is nothing really to base it on. I would think that someone with that much knowledge of cinema could do such a thing but his vast knowledge could be an inhibitor if he tries to do too much with the flick.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As far as concept and writing? Most definitely. He's an awesome journalist and critic. And even though I don't always agree with him, I can ALWAYS see how he forms certain opinions about a film. Now as far as the logistics and actually putting together a film; cinematography, camera angles, production, etc..I don't know. Can you really know that without having hands on experience/education in filmmaking?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    dude needs to get that bioptic popping....