Disrespecting of slaves

Options
ThaChozenWun
ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
edited March 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Alright so I'm about to rant on some ? again, this time it's the disrespect are people are having toward our ancestors.

The ? started bugging me when Lebron left Cleveland and ? was going off after Dan Gilberts letter talking about people were treating Lebron like a slave. Now Adrian Peterson compares the current NFL situation to slavery.

To me this ? is so ? disrespectful. These ? are making millions of dollars, they are being treated like pampered 3 year olds who get any ? thing they want, they can take entire seasons off and still get paid, they have every insurance imaginable, they are constantly given ? for free that the average man is killing for everyday because they can't afford it. They aren't forced to do their job, they don't face immediate death for refusing to play, they can walk away from it at any time, their families aren't being killed or harmed, I mean it's complete ? to keep seeing these ? say ? like this. They ain't nothing like ? slaves, they aren't close to being a slave, and the more and more they keep bringing the ? up the more it looks like ? are using the ? as an excuse for everything.

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why ? wont make up they own ? and stop running to the people who they are oppressed by
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Same reason that niggz' racism, is meaningless in America...we own no Industriies, we control no markets, we dictate no culture...so all we can ever be are employees

...even MJ and Bob Johnson didn't have enough faith in their portfolio decision-making, to outright own their franchises

WE have enought money to start our own ? what are you talking about
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Reminds me of a book I read called "the Psychology of the Holocaust" about how people say the dumbest ? when they dont know WTF they're talking about historically. They have no context of events of the past (their own people's past embarrassingly).

Slavery wasnt about just being treated unfairly or---but--I mean...DOES THAT ? THINK THE SLAVES UNIONIZED?! NO ? !

SOME JUST ENDED UP FIGHTING FOR THE UNION! He just got it confused. I blame the concussions.
    They aren't forced to do their job, they don't face immediate death for refusing to play, they can walk away from it at any time, their families aren't being killed or harmed,
    THey dont have an average lifespan of only 19 years because of the back breaking stress and work. They dont have to work every single day of their life rain, sleet or snow, his children wont be born into his Union contract and forced to go through with it or die/be castrated/lynched/etc

When he's released from his contract he can still go to another team without dogs chasing him for miles on his way to the next Northern stadium where it's safe. For a time.

Anyway, it was clearly a dumb comment but its media sensationalism too. U expect that ? to be the smartest ? in the world? THe media heard the word slavery and saw a moment to blow it up instead of taking it for what it is. A ? athlete saying some ? ? .
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Reminds me of a book I read called "the Psychology of the Holocaust" about how people say the dumbest ? when they dont know WTF they're talking about historically. They have no context of events of the past (their own people's past embarrassingly).

Slavery wasnt about just being treated unfairly or---but--I mean...DOES THAT ? THINK THE SLAVES UNIONIZED?! NO ? !

SOME JUST ENDED UP FIGHTING FOR THE UNION! He just got it confused. I blame the concussions.

THey dont have an average lifespan of only 19 years because of the back breaking stress and work. They dont have to work every single day of their life rain, sleet or snow, his children wont be born into his Union contract and forced to go through with it or die/be castrated/lynched/etc

When he's released from his contract he can still go to another team without dogs chasing him for miles on his way to the next Northern stadium where it's safe. For a time.

Anyway, it was clearly a dumb comment but its media sensationalism too. U expect that ? to be the smartest ? in the world? THe media heard the word slavery and saw a moment to blow it up instead of taking it for what it is. A ? athlete saying some ? ? .

Well of course the media is going to push it to the masses because even though it's one guy it will make the black race as a whole look like a bunch of whiny ? who have no knowledge of their history.
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Same reason that niggz' racism, is meaningless in America...we own no Industriies, we control no markets, we dictate no culture...so all we can ever be are employees

Ever occur to you that 99.999% of whites "own no Industriies,

.. control no markets, ... dictate no culture..." ? AND NEVER DID.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Alright so I'm about to rant on some ? again, this time it's the disrespect are people are having toward our ancestors.

The ? started bugging me when Lebron left Cleveland and ? was going off after Dan Gilberts letter talking about people were treating Lebron like a slave. Now Adrian Peterson compares the current NFL situation to slavery.

To me this ? is so ? disrespectful. These ? are making millions of dollars, they are being treated like pampered 3 year olds who get any ? thing they want, they can take entire seasons off and still get paid, they have every insurance imaginable, they are constantly given ? for free that the average man is killing for everyday because they can't afford it. They aren't forced to do their job, they don't face immediate death for refusing to play, they can walk away from it at any time, their families aren't being killed or harmed, I mean it's complete ? to keep seeing these ? say ? like this. They ain't nothing like ? slaves, they aren't close to being a slave, and the more and more they keep bringing the ? up the more it looks like ? are using the ? as an excuse for everything.

I agree 100% with you. Even if the NFL labor contract is not completely fair, and the owners want to add two more regular season games, Peterson still has it better than 99.9% of all workers in the USA. He needs to understand how good he has it and leave the slavery ? out of here. If the NFL is that bad, he needs to ? leave and shut up. Harriet Tubman never had a million dollar contract with health insurance.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    WE have enought money to start our own ? what are you talking about

Yeah we do have enough money to start our own ? , there are plenty of Black owned businesses out there. Most of them are underground, but there are plenty of mainstream ones too. It's gonna take time before the right amount is created, and I'm hoping to own my own laundromat some day. I see lots of ambition in the Black community, but sadly, not enough of it.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah we do have enough money to start our own ? , there are plenty of Black owned businesses out there. Most of them are underground, but there are plenty of mainstream ones too. It's gonna take time before the right amount is created, and I'm hoping to own my own laundromat some day. I see lots of ambition in the Black community, but sadly, not enough of it.

Because the entire black community ridicules those who do good. If you ain't broke or anti-white ? ain't trying to ? with you.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Because the entire black community ridicules those who do good. If you ain't broke or anti-white ? ain't trying to ? with you.

Really??? Maybe some are like that but to say the ENTIRE Black community does that I think is unfair. I've seen plenty of Blacks try to do good and get props from the community. I help others out in times of need and I've never been criticized for that. As far as the broke part, maybe my area is different than yours, but broke people tend to get ignored a bit. Those with at least some money tend to get more attention.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Really??? Maybe some are like that but to say the ENTIRE Black community does that I think is unfair. I've seen plenty of Blacks try to do good and get props from the community. I help others out in times of need and I've never been criticized for that.

When you get money you'll see how it is behind closed doors. No matter how much you give back you still got just about the entire city talking slick on you.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When you get money you'll see how it is behind closed doors. No matter how much you give back you still got just about the entire city talking slick on you.

Damn, that's crazy. I know my money is not on your level, but I hope you're wrong. I've helped people pay their bills and rent when they lost their job or whatever, have given people a place to stay for the night, even given money to the homeless. Many times. I always got gratitude in my face, but who knows what they might say behind closed doors.