child support vs actual man

Options
new account2
new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
edited March 2011 in The Powder Room
Ladies which would you prefer? A dude or child support to compensate the dude not being there??

Comments

• kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Obviously the preferred would be the father. Then you'd be getting money and there would be a man in the house.

Life doesn't always work that way though.
  • new account2
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    Obviously the preferred would be the father. Then you'd be getting money and there would be a man in the house.

Life doesn't always work that way though.

Yea thats my aim here..... What if the guy dont make no money while he wit u ( that is often the case......women tend not to see that tho )
  • kat2180
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea thats my aim here..... What if the guy dont make no money while he wit u ( that is often the case......women tend not to see that tho )

Um no. I'm not trying to take care of TWO kids.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'd much rather my son's father be around ... you can't buy love like that

We have it set up so I don't have to ask him for anything... the check comes weekly and my son can see his dad whenever he wants too. It took a minute to get it to this point.... but things are smooth and have been for a few years now
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? I cant even believe somebody would even ask such a question.
  • new account2
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Um no. I'm not trying to take care of TWO kids.

So if he aint making the money u think he should make....he is a kid....lol

gotta luv the logic
  • new account2
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Coby Vibes wrote: »

While it seems like a dumb question.....u have to ask.......sometimes women dont realize what they have until they in a situation where its either or.....
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Coby Vibes wrote: »

I've worked as a child support officer for 7 years and family law for over 3

trust me there are women out there who could care less about a father figure as long as the money is coming in
  • Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So if he aint making the money u think he should make....he is a kid....lol

gotta luv the logic

If a woman has to financially support her baby's father
    and her baby,I would consider the baby's father a child too.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

trust me there are women out there who could care less about a father figure as long as the money is coming in

this is very true.....i was in that type of situation
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yummy.Lix wrote: »
    If a woman has to financially support her baby's father
    and her baby,I would consider the baby's father a child too.

well its her fault for sleepin with the no good ? .....so she cant act like the ? aint no good afterwards
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Unfortunately it doesn't necessarily take a man to create a child in our society.
    This is why thinking before acting is advised although not realistic nowadays.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

"I can be mommy and daddy."
    Uh, NO, you cannot. SMH
  • kheiyah4life
    kheiyah4life Members Posts: 58
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ladies which would you prefer? A dude or child support to compensate the dude not being there??

I am actually someone who has a father for my children. My 1st child is not his but you would never know. We just had another daughter. My thing is, if the father is in the home then you would have to consider what he is teaching the children through his behavior. Sometimes having a bad influence around is worse than him not being there. Child support is cool to have when he is not in the home but sometimes that can be messy cause most men do not like to be made to do anything. So it all depends on the man and well you two can work things out for the favor of the children.
  • kat2180
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I am actually someone who has a father for my children. My 1st child is not his but you would never know. We just had another daughter. My thing is, if the father is in the home then you would have to consider what he is teaching the children through his behavior. Sometimes having a bad influence around is worse than him not being there. Child support is cool to have when he is not in the home but sometimes that can be messy cause most men do not like to be made to do anything. So it all depends on the man and well you two can work things out for the favor of the children.

Good point...

@ new- You said if he wasn't bringing in money not if he wasn't making what I preferred, so yes I would consider him a child since he's an additional financial responsibility.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm both so I'm 2 x's the man lol
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i'm both so i'm 2 x's the man lol

lmao .
  • new account2
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Good point...

@ new- You said if he wasn't bringing in money not if he wasn't making what I preferred, so yes I would consider him a child since he's an additional financial responsibility.

what if he contributed in other ways (fix up the house, car,watch the child to avoid day care)???
  • kat2180
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That would be better, but I'm not looking for a househusband..no offense.