Most under APPRECIATED movie villians ever

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Think on this.

Underrated - People don't know your skills

Underappreciated - People know the skills, just for one reason or another, you don't get the recognition as the top choices.

That being said, my list for Top 5 under appreciated movie villians:

5) "Billy the Kid" William Wharton, The Green Mile (Sam Rockwell) - This dude was just a buck dude. He was funny as ? and just....CRAZY. Them pranks he played on the guards (? on one, the moon pie thing to Brutal)...hilarious.
wild-bill-moon-pie-o.gif

4) Warden Samuel Norton, The Shawshank Redemption (Bob Gunton) - What makes him so cool as a villian is sthat he actually started out as a good soul in appearances, than started using the ? out of Andy as time went on...AND was caking up off of him, while quoting the Bible to boot.

3) Lex Luthor, Superman Returns (Kevin Spacey) - Look, I know the movie under-performed, but Spacey did his thing as Lex. He ? Superman UP.

2) Colonel Hans Landa, Inglorious Basterds (Christopher Waltz) - Cold, calculating ? . He carried this movie alot. And his detective skills, combined with his wit and then turning that ? to evil ? (especially in the beginning).....awesome. I know he won an Oscar, but he's still slept-on cause this movie ain't as mainstream as it should've been.
hans-landa-o.gif

1) Anton Chigurh, No Country For Old Men (Javier Bardem) - Plain and simple, this nig was flat-out ruthless. Like a human Terminator, rolling up on people with the silencer shotty. Some cold ? what he did to Carson Wells (Woody Harelson)
anton-chigurh-kills-casron-o.gif

anton-chigurh-o.gif

Comments

• MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    2) Colonel Hans Landa, Inglorious Basterds (Christopher Waltz) - Cold, calculating ? . He carried this movie alot. And his detective skills, combined with his wit and then turning that ? to evil ? (especially in the beginning).....awesome. I know he [/IMG]

Dude was ? INCREDIBLE. He is one of the few roles where I knew it was an Oscar Winning performance AS I was watching it
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have only seen the movie once, and do not know the character's name off hand.

The genius villian from Watchmen. He set into motion everything, plotted out every course of action, and instead of letting the heroes talk him out of his plan, he had the countdown for his bombs set off before they even arrived, and detonated as they stood there. Essentially, he's the only bad guy I've seen whose plan worked.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Christopher Walken is always a great villain but he plays two of the most underrated villains ever IMO, both named Max.

the first is Max Zorin in the James Bond flick A View To a ?

max-zorin.jpg
    ^^^ the scene where he hoses all his workers while laughing his ass off is GOAT ?

maxZorin1.png

the second is Max Shreck in Batman Returns.

Max_Shreck%5B1%5D.jpg
    ^^ he was the only real villain in the movie, creating and manipulating both Penguin and Catwoman while upstaging both with his hilarious dialog.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwW83Et5oHuO12Xdem7ypJCRlZ88Ru7YjkreZjnOYvPlUNVKMkbg&t=1
    "Santa Claus, afraid not. I'm just a poor shmo, who just got lucky. So sue me if I want to give something back. I just wish I could hand out more than expensive bobbles. I wish I could hand out world peace, and unconditional love.... wrapped.. in a big bow."
  • Mister B.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mikelewis wrote: »
    I have only seen the movie once, and do not know the character's name off hand.

The genius villian from Watchmen. He set into motion everything, plotted out every course of action, and instead of letting the heroes talk him out of his plan, he had the countdown for his bombs set off before they even arrived, and detonated as they stood there. Essentially, he's the only bad guy I've seen whose plan worked.

Ozymandias. That dude could FIGHT.

And he's not the first villian to "win". If you've ever seen Fallen, the spirit Denzel was fighting actually survived and won.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited March 2011
    Options
    another favorite of mine is De Niro's portrayal of Al Capone in Untouchables

Untouch-Robert-DeNiro_l.jpg

christophel_corruptibles_09.jpg

Weblog+18+-+The+Untouchables+Robert+deNiro.jpg
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    zorg in the fith element

hans in die hard

tom sizemore in natural born killers
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Dude was ? INCREDIBLE. He is one of the few roles where I knew it was an Oscar Winning performance AS I was watching it

same here

who underrates this role???

this is one of the few times i know where everyone was talkin about the villain and not the protag's

this and Dark Knight

everytime dude was on screen he jus made me ucomfortable

"ah aha ha, wait for the cream"
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    idk is this is generally underrated,
    but gary oldman

dude can play damn near any role and be a good villain

sometimes i be lookin at a movie and dont even know its gary oldman playing the part
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ozymandias. That dude could FIGHT.

And he's not the first villian to "win". If you've ever seen Fallen, the spirit Denzel was fighting actually survived and won.

You have a point, though we do not know if he ever made it out of that forest in that body though. But you are correct though.
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Kevin Bacon as Sean Nokes in Sleepers

[IMG]http://mos.totalfilm.com/images/4/40-movie-? -00-420-75.jpg[/IMG]
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My top 5: Scarface, Heath Ledger's Joker, Bill the Butcher from "Gangs of NY" Lil Dog from "City of ? " and Anton Chigurh from "No Country for Old Men"
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^^^those are literally some of the MOST APPRECIATED villains in movie history
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    ^^^those are literally some of the MOST APPRECIATED villains in movie history

oh yeah. lol

i like fine cinema.

well, i guess i'll say Lotso from Toy Story 3
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Some dope ass choices!!!!
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tumblr_lafat3tMkV1qzw1e8

Any villain played by Gary Oldman
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sergi Lopez in Pan's Labyrinth. He killed his role in the movie, great movie if you haven't seen it.

vidal_pans_labyrinth-7561.jpg
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Think on this.

Underrated - People don't know your skills

Underappreciated - People know the skills, just for one reason or another, you don't get the recognition as the top choices.

That being said, my list for Top 5 under appreciated movie villians:

5) "Billy the Kid" William Wharton, The Green Mile (Sam Rockwell) - This dude was just a buck dude. He was funny as ? and just....CRAZY. Them pranks he played on the guards (? on one, the moon pie thing to Brutal)...hilarious.
    wild-bill-moon-pie-o.gif

4) Warden Samuel Norton, The Shawshank Redemption (Bob Gunton) - What makes him so cool as a villian is sthat he actually started out as a good soul in appearances, than started using the ? out of Andy as time went on...AND was caking up off of him, while quoting the Bible to boot.

3) Lex Luthor, Superman Returns (Kevin Spacey) - Look, I know the movie under-performed, but Spacey did his thing as Lex. He ? Superman UP.

2) Colonel Hans Landa, Inglorious Basterds (Christopher Waltz) - Cold, calculating ? . He carried this movie alot. And his detective skills, combined with his wit and then turning that ? to evil ? (especially in the beginning).....awesome. I know he won an Oscar, but he's still slept-on cause this movie ain't as mainstream as it should've been.
    hans-landa-o.gif

1) Anton Chigurh, No Country For Old Men (Javier Bardem) - Plain and simple, this nig was flat-out ruthless. Like a human Terminator, rolling up on people with the silencer shotty. Some cold ? what he did to Carson Wells (Woody Harelson)
    anton-chigurh-kills-casron-o.gif

anton-chigurh-o.gif

Can't Co-Sign 1 & 2..Them ? Are Probably The Most Lauded And Celebrated Villains In The Last Ten Years....They Both Won Oscars I Believe For Those Roles
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tumblr_lafat3tMkV1qzw1e8

Any villain played by Gary Oldman

Dope movie , lol the Professional went to work on that Swat team
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't think the top 2 are underrated or underappreciated at all. I think everyon knows how good they are.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I don't think the top 2 are underrated or underappreciated at all. I think everyon knows how good they are.

Is There A Echo In The Room?
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lo Pan(Big Trouble in little China)

the 3 Storms(Big Trouble in little China)

Sosa from Scarface,dude's voice was ill,"don't you ? me Tony,don't ever try to ? me"

50 Cent in the BISD movie,dude killed Angel Lola Luv

the guy from Smoking Aces who could change his appearance,that scene where he had dude butt-naked and in chains electrocuting him in the water was crazy
  • lord hade
    lord hade Members Posts: 260
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pennywise - IT
    [/thread]

Honorable Mention
    Gabriel - The Prophecy
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Breaking bad's Notorious villains

Gian carlo esposito-Gus
    Giancarlo_Esposito_325x200.jpg......................

Diablo twins.......
    20100329_breakingbad_560x375.jpg
  • Mister B.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mikelewis wrote: »
    You have a point, though we do not know if he ever made it out of that forest in that body though. But you are correct though.

Naw, "? " the demon made it out, in the body of a cat.

Remember in the beginning he says "I wanna tell you about the time I almost died"....meaning Denzel almost killed him but he survived at the last second and won.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know it may not be underappreciated but Brad Pitt as Jesse James dude literally had boys shook when he came for a visit. That scene with Casey Affleck when he put the knife to the throat and shook him up and then start laughing.