Have you ever considered joining a Freemason fraternity ?

Options
P-Dogg77
P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Social Lounge
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with them and they could really launch your career. Everyone is accepted as long as they believe in a Supreme Being which is why i might have i hard time joining the club.

But how do you really join these fraternities not just for finding out if they're evil but for acquiring powerful business connections ?

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    In my opinion there is nothing wrong with them and they could really launch your career. Everyone is accepted as long as they believe in a Supreme Being which is why i might have i hard time joining the club.

But how do you really join these fraternities not just for finding out if they're evil but for acquiring powerful business connections ?

I don't wanna join white people ?
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? i was just thinking about this actually, in a way anyway.

It depends, I mean I'll join some club for the networking potential, but once you start talking about weird rituals and ceremonies and ? , I dunno not sure that's for me (btw, not saying that this is necessarily what goes on at these frats, especially elite ones, but that's the folklore so....)
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    I don't wanna join white people ?

Do you know who Prince Hall is ? There have been many influential black Masons so get your facts straight before you spew out ? .
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How do I join?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    dont care enough to join their stupid club for jerks
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Famous Prince Hall Masons include:

Jesse Jackson
    Thurgood Marshall
    Count Basie
    Duke Ellington
    Al Sharpton
    Congressman Charles Rangel
    Nat King Cole
    W.E.B. DuBois
    Alexander Dumas
    Alex Haley
    Kweisi Mfume
    Don King
    Richard Pryor
    Alexander Pushkin
    Sugar Ray Robinson
    Booker T. Washington
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was going too, then I changed my mind because I didn't want to hide my atheism just for a few business connects
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nah...............
  • Olorun22
    edited March 2011
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    Do you know who Prince Hall is ? There have been many influential black Masons so get your facts straight before you spew out ? .

influential thats the key word! give a ? if a ? had some influence ? dont own it so miss me with that weak ?
  • aijalon
    aijalon Members Posts: 919
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No sir. I was practically obsessed with accumulating knowledge on their rites and rituals at one point. But I have never considered joining.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea..my grandfather want me to join, my dad didn't for some reason so Idk at the moment...
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was taking to someone about that just Monday.
  • major pain
    edited March 2011
    Options

influential thats the key word! give a ? if a ? had some influence ? dont own it so miss me with that weak ?

You have no clue what you are talking about.
  • Olorun22
    edited March 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    You have no clue what you are talking about.

? is freemason not a white establishement???? you gonna try to hit me with the "I'm a freemason I know more than you"
  • major pain
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? is freemason not a white establishement???? you gonna try to hit me with the "I'm a freemason I know more than you"

No its not. As far as the 2nd part of this post, its true. I know more than you.

You are in OKC apparently, I've only been once, would it be safe to say you know more than I do about OKC?
  • Olorun22
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No its not. As far as the 2nd part of this post, its true. I know more than you.

You are in OKC apparently, I've only been once, would it be safe to say you know more than I do about OKC?

Of course...This is my point america was built by white blks asia mexican and indian but america is still a white establishment
  • major pain
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Of course...This is my point america was built by white blks asia mexican and indian but america is still a white establishment

Freemasonry is not an American establishment its an international organization. NO race owns it. You really are trying to use WAY too broad of a brush to paint this picture.
  • Olorun22
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Freemasonry is not an American establishment its an international organization. NO race owns it. You really are trying to use WAY too broad of a brush to paint this picture.

I said that was my point. It started in europe
  • major pain
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I said that was my point. It started in europe

Well there is much debate about where it started lol, but your viewpoint is really off base. Your original statement was "I dont want to join white people ? ". Well its not "white people ? ". Regardless of where it "started". You also brought up "? dont own it". White people dont own it either.
  • Olorun22
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well there is much debate about where it started lol, but your viewpoint is really off base. Your original statement was "I dont want to join white people ? ". Well its not "white people ? ". Regardless of where it "started". You also brought up "? dont own it". White people dont own it either.

Ok not back to reality. You stated I'm painting a wrong picture but if I see some picture of some freemasons who am I mostly gonna see?White people. Why the hell is it a debate on when and where it started
  • major pain
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ok not back to reality. You stated I'm painting a wrong picture but if I see some picture of some freemasons who am I mostly gonna see?White people. Why the hell is it a debate on when and where it started

It depends on where you look as to what you will see. You can see (East) Indian freemasons, African freemasons, or just bout whatever country or nationality you want if you know where to look. As far as where it started, well its simply that old that no one knows the true origin. As for the organized structure you know of today, its true that started in the early 1700s, but thats only what documented history tells us. Its apparent through certain accounts that its much older than that. There are some masonic "historians" that can make connections all the way back to ancient Egypt.
  • major pain
    edited March 2011
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    fraternities are ? ......simple as that

couldnt have said it better myself
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How do I join?

2b1.gif

whistles... this lil Light of mine I'm gonna let it shine!!!!!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    my defensive coach is one, i wanna be one but i aint trying to be no devil worshipper
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    my defensive coach is one, i wanna be one but i aint trying to be no devil worshipper

That's too bad.. you don't know what you're missing man!!!! I mean if you close your eyes the skull becomes a regular beer mug... I think you should give it more consideration...