Pregnant woman arrested for thinking about Abortion. Yes, THINKING.

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
"Although Taylor was in the first part of her second trimester, the nurse noted on her chart that she was in the first week of her third trimester - the time when, under Iowa's fetal homicide law, a violent act perpetrated against a pregnant woman could be considered criminal. The nurse called over the doctor who then called the police - which is when Christine Taylor found herself arrested and sent to jail for admitting uncertainty about her pregnancy and fear about raising three children on her own."

After reviewing facts of the case for three weeks, Des Moines County prosecutors have decided not to formally charge Taylor with a crime.

But Taylor said the damage has already been done: Newspapers across the nation picked up a news account headlined, "Iowa woman accused of trying to ? unborn baby in fall down stairs," after she was arrested and jailed.

"My name is ruined. Just Google it," Taylor said. "Now I won't even be able to get a job."

Taylor said her husband, who lives in Maryland, left her after she became pregnant with her third child last summer. She said she was despondent after a Jan. 19 telephone conversation with him.

"He was saying some very hurtful things and told me he wants to be free," said Taylor, a Maryland native. "And here I was alone, pregnant with two young kids, with no family around or support. I just thought, 'It's not fair.' ... I was so upset and frantic I almost blacked out, and I tripped and fell."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100210/NEWS/2100367/-I-never-said-I-didn-t-want-my-baby--Mom-won-t-be-prosecuted

SMH @ IOWA AND SMH @ HER WACK ASS BITCHMADE HUSBAND

Comments

• BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    um sounds like they suspected her of throwing herself down the stairs, not thinking stuff

but still, abortion should obviously be legal and have no stigma attached to it, but unfortunately people believe sperm and eggs are magic
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think the mistake made by the nurse between start of 2nd trimester and start of 3rd is important. Roe v Wade allowed for denying abortion later in the term of the pregnancy but prohibited denying if the health of the mother was at stake. The case Doe v Bolton, issued the same day as Roe, defined health as

"Whether, in the words of the Georgia statute, "an abortion is necessary" is a professional judgment that the Georgia physician will be called upon to make routinely. We agree with the District Court, 319 F. Supp., at 1058, that the medical judgment may be exercised in the light of all factors - physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age - relevant to the well-being of the patient. All these factors may relate to health."

The problem here is this makes denying 3rd term abortions impossible since the doctor could use depression of the mother as a "health" issue to allow a late term abortion. Or just the natural danger inherit in the delivery process.

This creates a conflict when the fetus is viable outside the ? yet still under the decision of the mother to abort. I believe a return to the original intent of Roe and a narrowing of 'health' would go a long way to defusing this issue. Allow states to restrict abortions in the later 2nd and 3rd trimesters except when the physical health, beyond normal risks associated with child birth, of the mother is at risk.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have zero sympathy for any ? who kills or even thinks about killing her child. And on top of that that ? is trying to play the sympathy card and the "Id ont know if I can do this on my own" card. ? YOU DID IT TWICE BEFORE? U didnt learn after the first bastard?

Put this murderous ? in a jail that doesnt even require a key. JUst four ? 15 foot walls that dont even open from the sides and helicopter that ? in from the top of that ? . Then put a black sheet over that sumbitch so this pathetic ? cant see the ? sky....oh and dont feed her. No sympathy from me. BUrn that ? .
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have zero sympathy for any ? who kills or even thinks about killing her child. And on top of that that ? is trying to play the sympathy card and the "Id ont know if I can do this on my own" card. ? YOU DID IT TWICE BEFORE? U didnt learn after the first bastard?

Put this murderous ? in a jail that doesnt even require a key. JUst four ? 15 foot walls that dont even open from the sides and helicopter that ? in from the top of that ? . Then put a black sheet over that sumbitch so this pathetic ? cant see the ? sky....oh and dont feed her. No sympathy from me. BUrn that ? .

She didn't though...unless you consider that tiny hunk of deformed meat a child.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    She didn't though...unless you consider that tiny hunk of deformed meat a child.

Read a biology book a fetus is in fact a human being. And it's not deformed meat it's flesh and cells. Fetus is made of the same ? a full grown human is made of. According to your logic if a person murders a 2 year old they should get less time in prison than the person who murders a 45 year old. After all...... the 2 year old isnt fully developed and therefore has less worth.

Once again....? that ? .
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    misleading threadtitle
  • Niccolò Rossi
    Niccolò Rossi Members Posts: 31
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Read a biology book a fetus is in fact a human being. And it's not deformed meat it's flesh and cells. Fetus is made of the same ? a full grown human is made of. According to your logic if a person murders a 2 year old they should get less time in prison than the person who murders a 45 year old. After all...... the 2 year old isnt fully developed and therefore has less worth.

Once again....? that ? .

Your arguments are based on emotion, and for some strange possibly chauvinistic reason you feel for a FOETUS or EMBRYO (not a child) more than for the millions of women who you would deprive of control over their bodies.

Lets get it straight, I do not call several pounds of dough a cake.

I do not call an embryo, a foetus or whatever, a person.

But really, it is beside the point if a foetus is a person or a separate entity by itself.

Denying abortion has so many negative social and economic impacts on women that it can not be tolerated by anyone, period.

For that reason, I think the right to abort is something that should always be supported. Indeed, in my eyes, if you do not support such a thing you are effectively denying equality for over half the population.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Your arguments are based on emotion,
    A fetus is in fact a human being. So says any biologist that got past the first few weeks of college. Even the word fetus means "unborn child." So even with the mindless word games and platitudes you're still factually wrong and the ? euphemisms you memorized from whatever ? free clinic handbook you read last doesnt change scientific FACT.

Answer this question (you cant). What are you made of that a fetus is not? EXACTLY. Funny how you child-killers play word games to justify murdering human beings. When a woman is not going to murder her child she says, "the baby is kicking" not "the fetus is kicking." It's "I'm going to have a baby" not...."there's a clump of flesh and cells in me now." But soon as people want to justfy murder the try to throw pseudo-science that is BTW not even science but made up ? that's easiely debunked through basic research at a ? library.

Disagree with me all you want I'm not pro-life at all. If I could push a button and ? you I would. Anybody that murders a defenseless human being shouldnt be walking the Earth. So Im not some bleeding heart pro-lifer. BUt dont insult my intelligence with easily debunked ? . Thanks.
    and for some strange possibly chauvinistic reason

Riiiiiight, I'm a chauvinist because I dont believe in murdering unborn children. HEY! I must hate men because I dont believe in ? .
    denying equality for over half the population.
    No one should have the right to end a human life simply because it's "in the way." If that's the case I should have the right to murder you.

That is not a matter of equality in the least bit. YAYYY I GET TO MURDER MY UNBORN CHILD! I'M EQUAL NOW! ? is wrong with you?

Anyway, the whole point of the article is to say some peice of ? ? thought about murdering her child and got arrested. GOOD. As for the rest of the ? . If you're going to insult my intelligence again just keep it to yourself and save it for your Oprah Winfrey book club meetings. Anybody that doesnt understand basic ? science has no business debating me on anything let alone this subject.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A fetus is in fact a human being.

I'm okay with killing defenseless unborn human beings if it's for some greater societal good.
  • Niccolò Rossi
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A fetus is in fact a human being. So says any biologist that got past the first few weeks of college. Even the word fetus means "unborn child." So even with the mindless word games and platitudes you're still factually wrong and the ? euphemisms you memorized from whatever ? free clinic handbook you read last doesnt change scientific FACT.

Answer this question (you cant). What are you made of that a fetus is not? EXACTLY. Funny how you child-killers play word games to justify murdering human beings. When a woman is not going to murder her child she says, "the baby is kicking" not "the fetus is kicking." It's "I'm going to have a baby" not...."there's a clump of flesh and cells in me now." But soon as people want to justfy murder the try to throw pseudo-science that is BTW not even science but made up ? that's easiely debunked through basic research at a ? library.

Disagree with me all you want I'm not pro-life at all. If I could push a button and ? you I would. Anybody that murders a defenseless human being shouldnt be walking the Earth. So Im not some bleeding heart pro-lifer. BUt dont insult my intelligence with easily debunked ? . Thanks.

So if something falls under the category of a living 'human being' it's entitled to use another human's body against their wishes. Or, is this not a general philosophy of yours but something you only apply to women's bodies.

So yea, you say a fetus is a person? Ok, tell me, can you divide into a separate person? A fetus can. Can you divide into another person, and then merge back into one, thus possessing two separate genetic codes(look up chimerism). So clearly a fetus is not a person.

The rest of your posts is just ridiculous semantics. Oh and we know you pro-lifers aren't bleeding hearts. You see no problem in shooting doctors and bombing innocent women. Why don't you guys man up some time and go take on international sex traffickers or drug lords. Oh that's right, they shoot back.
  • kingjust627
    kingjust627 Members Posts: 47
    edited February 2010
    Options

No one should have the right to end a human life simply because it's "in the way." If that's the case I should have the right to murder you.

To give your point some validity, how is the person you are responding to in your way? And you are being quite emotional whether you admit it or not. You can have a position all you want, but you cannot force someone to do or not do something to their own body. If the fetus dies because the women is homeless and cannot sustain a nutrional balance for herself and the fetus lock her ass up to right?
    That is not a matter of equality in the least bit. YAYYY I GET TO MURDER MY UNBORN CHILD! I'M EQUAL NOW! ? is wrong with you?

So explain how this has anything to do with you, besides your emotional rant? Are you the dude in MD who left her?
    Anyway, the whole point of the article is to say some peice of ? ? thought about murdering her child and got arrested. GOOD.

So thought crime is good, great... when you think about doing anything to anyone (which i'm sure you will after you read my post LOLOL), have the intestinal fortitude to turn yourself into authorities. But you won't... coward! Make good to the position you stand for.
    As for the rest of the ? . If you're going to insult my intelligence again just keep it to yourself and save it for your Oprah Winfrey book club meetings. Anybody that doesnt understand basic ? science has no business debating me on anything let alone this subject.

LOL, if you assume people are insulting your intelligence than that's on you... and to say we have to keep it to ourselves, sorry the forums don't work that way. If you don't like what someone has to say, and you get all clitoral about it, suck it the ? up son! This has nothing to do with your scientific rant about a foetus, but everything to do with the illegality of being charged with a crime for thinking about doing something. How gattaca'esque is that... almost like saying "if you think that someone needs to keep their opinion to themselves, you are getting arrested for violating their first amendment rigths to free speech". Sounds assinine doesn't it, but you are for the same assinine reason she got arrested for (thought crime).
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    I'm okay with killing defenseless unborn human beings if it's for some greater societal good.
    Perfectly acceptable stance. Just so long as you know it's murder. That's my whole point.

But these idiots memorize ? platitudes they got from Oprah in 1998 such as "it's my body, it's just a clump of flesh and cells, it's my choice!" blah blah blah blah blah...but have no logical of scientific backing for their claims.

Bottom line is historically anytime somebody wanted to murder a human being they never admit they are murdering human beings.

1. Whites didnt enslave human beings they enslaved...NIG.GERS
    2. Whites didnt commit genocide against human beings they were just killing...SAVAGE ENGINES..nope not humans that would be wrong
    3. The ? 's didnt murder human beings NOPE....they were killing ? , Christ Killers, baby blood drinkers..NOPE not humans...that would be wrong after all
    4. The Japanese werent torturing human beings during WW2. NOPE! They were just "testing subjects."
    5. The US did not torture..NOPE! Just participating in "Enhanced interrogation techniques" with "Enemy combatants."
    6. The Junjuweed weren't murdering human beings in Darfur...NOPE! That would be wrong. They were killing...Cockroaches...
    7. Al Quidea doesnt ? innocent human beings...that would be wrong! They're killing "Infidels"

...ABORTION ISNT THE MURDER OF A HUMAN BEING...oh no that would be wrong LOL We're just "Terminating a 'FETUS'" THat way we can sleep better at night knowing we're murdering human beings and it's wrong.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Murder's when you ? a human that can live independently of its mother. Abortion's when you body an unborn baby. And it's good for society. The poor pretty much stay poor once they start popping out kids like dummies. A woman should not be legally obligated to carry a baby to term for any reason.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Murder's when you ? a human that can live independently of its mother.
    THat's like me telling you.

Well KTULU you cant live independently from oxygen so if I suffocate you it's not that I "murdered" you it's just that you couldnt breath..............because i murdered you.

That fact really has no bearing on the ethics or morality of baby killing itself. It's just a fact of gestation. Kind of like me shooting somebody and I say, "well a human can not live with a hole in it's heart." Well no ? ...now lets talk about how wrong it was for you to put that hole there in the first place. An unborn child can not live independently from the Mother for weeks and weeks. OK that's a fact. But purposely creating that situation where the child is separate and therefore can not survive is clearly immoral. The only way it becomes moral is through word games and outdated, illogical chiches.
    Abortion's when you body an unborn baby. And it's good for society.
    As for poor people staying poor because they have too many children. Having children is actually a good way to improve your financial situation long term if you have a close family. Which grant it most poor people dont.
    A woman should not be legally obligated to carry a baby to term for any reason.
    No human being should be murdered for reasons of heartlessness and selfishness. But once again. That's an opinion.

Fetus = human being (biologists says o so I'm going to go with what they think). Also it's a latin word meaning "unborn child."

Killing a human being that is defenseless and did not ask nor deserve to die = Murder

Therefore abortion is murder.

:Kanye shrug lol
  • Niccolò Rossi
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Jus gonna ignore my post..... :(
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    THat's like me telling you.

Well KTULU you cant live independently from oxygen so if I suffocate you it's not that I "murdered" you it's just that you couldnt breath

no it isnt

why is this your pet issue, anyway? did you get aborted as a baby?
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    no it isnt
    Great come back LOL
    why is this your pet issue, anyway?
    I dont like people ? on my shoe and telling me it's raining. Im all for killing human beings. But as long as people can admit that's what they're doing. If you wanna ? babies FINE. Long as we can agree it's killing babies and not some kind of "termination" or whatever sugar coated term people want to put on things to help them sleep at night and ease a barely existent conscience.

But Abortion and Race are things I can debate effectively I guess. That's why.
    did you get aborted as a baby?

1175hsk.gif

I'm sorry but it's too difficult to talk about...very traumatic time in my life.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And wait a minute pale ? ..why is Egypt suddenly your pet issue?
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And wait a minute pale ? ..why is Egypt suddenly your pet issue?

KTULU's been raggin on Egypt since before the last IC Hurricane hit
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah that's right. Put a pregnant women in jail because you want to save the baby. It all makes sense now. Theirs no better place for a pregnant women to be. Iowa is full of brilliant people.