What is the difference between

Options
Alkindus
Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in The Social Lounge
The Iraqi people fighting against the US occupation of Iraq and the Libyans fighting against the regime of qadhafi?

really I dont see it.

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    The Iraqi people fighting against the US occupation of Iraq and the Libyans fighting against the regime of qadhafi?
    Saddam and Qaddafi had the argument that they alone would run their countries and/or pass that control on as they see fit. whereas the US wasn't trying to annex Iraq and obviously allowed some crazy elections
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Most Iraqis didn't want the Americans in their country........and most or many Libyans don't want Qadhafi in their country now...........

Hmmm......yeah, no difference. Both are peoples fighting for their freedom. And Janklow, notice Alkindus asked what the difference is between the PEOPLE fighting the Americans and those fighting Qadafi.

He did not ask the difference between Saddam and Qaddafi.
  • janklow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hmmm......yeah, no difference. Both are peoples fighting for their freedom. And Janklow, notice Alkindus asked what the difference is between the PEOPLE fighting the Americans and those fighting Qadafi.
    He did not ask the difference between Saddam and Qaddafi.
    yes, fantastic. what i am going to need you to notice is that there's more to the post than "Saddam" and "Qaddafi"

in the case of Qaddafi, you have a dictator not sharing political power at best intending to pass it on to his children, using his country/population for his personal profit ... in short, presuming that the country belongs to him
    in the case of the US, you don't have the local dictator running things, you don't have the familial dynasty, and you don't have the strong man using the nation for his personal benefit. hell, it doesn't take a genius to notice that you're comparing "Qaddafi" to "the Americans"
    Saddam is being mentioned to point out the actual parallel between guys in Iraq and Libya. if you think there's NO difference, you're either being intentionally obstinate because you want to rage against the machine or ... well, go ahead and guess what the alternative is
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    yes, fantastic. what i am going to need you to notice is that there's more to the post than "Saddam" and "Qaddafi"

in the case of Qaddafi, you have a dictator not sharing political power at best intending to pass it on to his children, using his country/population for his personal profit ... in short, presuming that the country belongs to him
    in the case of the US, you don't have the local dictator running things, you don't have the familial dynasty, and you don't have the strong man using the nation for his personal benefit. hell, it doesn't take a genius to notice that you're comparing "Qaddafi" to "the Americans"
    Saddam is being mentioned to point out the actual parallel between guys in Iraq and Libya. if you think there's NO difference, you're either being intentionally obstinate because you want to rage against the machine or ... well, go ahead and guess what the alternative is

What's the difference between the IRAQI PEOPLE fighting for their freedom in Iraq from blood thirsty Americans and LIBYAN PEOPLE who are fighting for their freedom in Libya from blood thirsty Qadafi supporters?

Both were/are fighting for their freedom right?
  • janklow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What's the difference between the IRAQI PEOPLE fighting for their freedom in Iraq from blood thirsty Americans and LIBYAN PEOPLE who are fighting for their freedom in Libya from blood thirsty Qadafi supporters?
    i like how you basically dodged the entire post and spent your time replacing "Qaddafi" with "Qaddafi supporters."

if you really don't see the difference between fighting the guy who's run Libya since 1969 without any change in regime and used the nation as his personal property that entire time and fighting the US, who certainly have NOT been there for 42 years and have NOT annexed Iraq as their personal property, then the best i can say is that you're refusing to see it on purpose
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah this thread was more of a statement

In essence there is no difference between the iraqis fighting for freedom against the US and the Libyans fighting for freedom against the qadhafi regime.

Now that the 'arabic spring'/revolutions are going on, and many people are dying for what they believe in, people all over the world are starting to respect the africans/arabs standing up, I find it crazy that many of those people didnt feel the same way when the Iraqis were fighting the occupation of their land (and those people were labelled terrorists at first/supporters of saddam etc everything but freedom fighters), I can understand arab, I have basically heard people scream rebellion shouts for years and years, whether it is in Palestina, Iraq , Egypt etc, offcoiurse every nation is different but the plights have been the same. So I hope that you realize this, there really is no difference between the Iraqis fighting for freedom and the Libyans fighting for freedom, or the palestinians, yemenites,from baghrain to tunisia etc, mauritania to oman, everywhere people are on the rise. Do not let saoudi/regime propoganda whether it is from the qadhafi fam regime or the United States fool you in believing other wise.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I agree Allkindus.

The revolution movement in the Middle East isn't looking too good for Israel right now, they just suffered a huge bombing attack awhile ago.
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I agree Allkindus.

The revolution movement in the Middle East isn't looking too good for Israel right now, they just suffered a huge bombing attack awhile ago.

now imagine if all the muslim countries after being completly free come together to fight isreal.. countries will choose sides and it will get deep....
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its exactly the same and I can assure you once the Qaddafi regime falls the U.S will still use the same strategies that they used in Afghanistan and Iraq. Same ? just a different chapter.