What do you expect from Next Gen Consoles/Games?

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in IllGaming
-Free WIFI

-Dedicated Servers, No Lag, atleast from powerhouse games that sell millions like CoD

-60 Frames Per Second on ALL games. Even the graphical powerhouses. Look I appreciate the graphics of Killzone/Crysis/Uncharted/Gears but they all have slow-motion gameplay at 30 frames per second. Feels like you're walking through water. Uncharted is the best of the 4 mentioned above but all would benefit from 60fps, especially the First Person shooters where CoD (60fps) dominates with it's fast paced ultra sensitivity gameplay.

-Controllers that don't require AA BATTERIES (360 lame)

-Blu-Ray Discs that can hold more than 9GB (360 lame)

-More polished online community with better organized store (PSN step your game up)

-No more than a $400 Launch price

-More exclusives on every console (360 lame, Halo played out, use that MS money to buy new studios and give gamers something new)

-Stability (no RROD or LYOD problems)

what do you expect

Comments

• Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    when it comes to consoles i dont buy ? at launch i wait for the first price drop....by then all the bugs and ? have been worked out and i have a clear view of how the console is doing on the market.....but back to the thread... better RPG's, the technology is there for people to make really amazing stories and games but for some reason us RPG fans have been getting ? on since like 05
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? next. this is what i want NOW.

-ability to edit your trophies. (i dont want trophy info of games that i rented/borrowed to be stuck in there)
    - more PS classics. (give me an english version of the mega mans)
    - ability to change your sn (got a good idea for one about now)
  • rantanamo
    rantanamo Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    - steam style downloading only with cloud based storage
    - large SSD hard drive for game installs and local storage
    - touch screen controllers with gyroscope like tilt and custom controller layout
    - will act not only as console but television set top box. Each game company will have its own IP and HD streaming service that can get all channels live
    - consoles will act more like computers as well, with the controllers acting as qwerty keyboard and mouse
    - much smaller in size. More like an atom sized computer
    - playable on the controllers as well to act like portable game system.

All of this could be done right now.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rantanamo wrote: »
    - steam style downloading only with cloud based storage
    - large SSD hard drive for game installs and local storage
    - touch screen controllers with gyroscope like tilt and custom controller layout
    - will act not only as console but television set top box. Each game company will have its own IP and HD streaming service that can get all channels live
    - consoles will act more like computers as well, with the controllers acting as qwerty keyboard and mouse
    - much smaller in size. More like an atom sized computer
    - playable on the controllers as well to act like portable game system.

All of this could be done right now.

And how much do you expect all that ? to cost because saying that ? will be over a G is an understatement.

I agree with everything KOA said, but they aren't gonna have free WIFI if they have dedicated servers.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And how much do you expect all that ? to cost because saying that ? will be over a G is an understatement.

I agree with everything KOA said, but they aren't gonna have free WIFI if they have dedicated servers.

I agree, it will cost a lot and none of that stuff I really care about. I want all HD Games with great graphics and good storage space. An overhaul of online and some nice upgrades would be nice. There is really no reason that all of this should be over $400. You can get a quality PC for 300-400 hundred.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    backwards compatibility.

lmao so true
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the problem with consoles is they will always be limited by the target price it needs in order to be successful...sony tried selling the ps3 at 600$ and they stumbled big time

pretty sure next gen consoles will be around 400$...which will always limit the hardware, you simply cannot make a super powerful system with such a budget (and yes i know MS and sony eat some of the cost before it becomes cheaper to make)

nobody cares about games that don't give all the eyecandy even if they sacrifice frames per second...in order to run a game with amazing graphics but still get strong fps you need a strong processor, tons of ram, and a really strong gpu all of which cost a lot of money...consoles usually cheap out on the ram and gpu...

so with realistic expectations i would just like to see consoles with a better cooling solution so we dont get all the damn RROD and YLOD ? ...that is just unacceptable

next gen imo will be more of the same...tons of sequels and just prettier graphics
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    no more systems
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    in reality i don't even want this cycle of gaming to end for another 3-5 years
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    no more systems

there was a discussion about how in the future everything will be streamed...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    the problem with consoles is they will always be limited by the target price it needs in order to be successful...sony tried selling the ps3 at 600$ and they stumbled big time

pretty sure next gen consoles will be around 400$...which will always limit the hardware, you simply cannot make a super powerful system with such a budget (and yes i know MS and sony eat some of the cost before it becomes cheaper to make)

nobody cares about games that don't give all the eyecandy even if they sacrifice frames per second...in order to run a game with amazing graphics but still get strong fps you need a strong processor, tons of ram, and a really strong gpu all of which cost a lot of money...consoles usually cheap out on the ram and gpu...

so with realistic expectations i would just like to see consoles with a better cooling solution so we dont get all the damn RROD and YLOD ? ...that is just unacceptable

next gen imo will be more of the same...tons of sequels and just prettier graphics

i believe sony, microsoft and nintendo still lose money on each console sold even today. it's funny. people want all this ? . full 1080p games, 3-D, crazy ass motion technology, but complain when a company puts out a system with everything people are asking for and costs too much. i'd be fine sticking with this generation of systems for another 5 years. most launch titles and games for the first year of a consoles life are ? anyway.
  • rantanamo
    rantanamo Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

why would this cost a g? Even at today's costs, this could be done for less than a g. Tech costs go down. Will cost the same or a little more than current consoles by then.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    i believe sony, microsoft and nintendo still lose money on each console sold even today.

you are INCORRECT.

Nintendo NEVER lost money on Wii.

Xbox360 and PS3 stopped losing money long time ago. 360 in particular overcharges the ? out of everything. Kinect only cost 60bucks to make but they charging 150 for it HA and you filthy americans eat that ? up. they even charge 60 per year for xbl and ppl pay. its pathetic.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    but i agree with you bigruss, I can deal with Ps3 for another 5 years.

it really cant get much better in the graphics department. Look at ? of War 3 you cant possibly make a better looking game.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you are INCORRECT.

Nintendo NEVER lost money on Wii.

Xbox360 and PS3 stopped losing money long time ago. 360 in particular overcharges the ? out of everything. Kinect only cost 60bucks to make but they charging 150 for it HA and you filthy americans eat that ? up. they even charge 60 per year for xbl and ppl pay. its pathetic.

Terrorist!!!