George Hotz Runs Away to South America;

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in IllGaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lmao @ anyone who gave money to this loser. ill bet some arcade ? sent him their burger king paychecks too.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Good...this ? is the reason I can't use linux
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lmao!..................
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    why r u hating on hotz?

As far as i can tell, he didnt do anything wrong.

He OWNS his ps3. He's allowed to do anything he wants with it.

If he found a hack, he's allowed to share that information with anyone he wants to.

Sony is also getting IPs of people that VIEWED his video on youtube.......... IPS of people that sent him paypal donations. That ? is ridiculous that a judge would even let it go that far.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Fans paid for him to go watch Boca Jr's vs River Plate

Hotz_Vacation_1300906242.jpg
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    76uQD.jpg

smh I bet a lot of head that donated are feeling real salty right about now.
  • earth two superman
    edited March 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

lmao what a ?
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

loll he probably used the money to buy that chain too
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Make an example out of him if it means I don't have to install new security updates every frickin' month! He shoulda kept it to himself.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the fact is MOST games are not worth $60 to me anyways
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Should of stuck to Apple my nicca...

Blackrain was that ? lol
  • earth two superman
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the fact is MOST games are not worth $60 to me anyways

sure, and thats why in this age of demos, rentals, gamefly, online reviews, youtube, and discounts, theres no need to be paying full price for a game youre not gonna like. LMAO @ idiots buying infamous blindly when PSN had a 1 hr demo to explore it and see if you were gonna like it or not.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    real talk, most games not worth a $10 RENTAL to me either.

Homefront I played maybe 20 minutes..............it sucked. Plays like MAG. I rented it,,,, and guess what... you are only allowed to lvl 9 or some ? like that unless you have a "redeem code" that comes when you buy it.

what a joke.
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Update: Stewart Kellar, Hotz's attorney, has responded saying the missing hard drive parts have now been delivered.

"The 'integral components' SCEA is talking about are stock controller cards, not the hard drives themselves," Kellar told IGN in an e-mail. "The neutral subsequently had to explain to SCEA the form and function of hard drive controller cards. Those controller cards have since been provided to the neutral so the point is moot."

Kellar also states Hotz is using the donation money he received for the lawsuit only and will donate any leftover funds after the case has been resolved.

"You can never take a vacation from a lawsuit. Mr. Hotz has had to make himself available 24/7 for this litigation, which has been quite demanding on him," he said. "You have to remember that Mr. Hotz didn't choose to fight this battle, but now that he has been sued, he has put his heart into fighting this case that has enormous implications for consumers world-wide." Update: Stewart Kellar, Hotz's attorney, has responded saying the missing hard drive parts have now been delivered.

"The 'integral components' SCEA is talking about are stock controller cards, not the hard drives themselves," Kellar told IGN in an e-mail. "The neutral subsequently had to explain to SCEA the form and function of hard drive controller cards. Those controller cards have since been provided to the neutral so the point is moot."

Kellar also states Hotz is using the donation money he received for the lawsuit only and will donate any leftover funds after the case has been resolved.

"You can never take a vacation from a lawsuit. Mr. Hotz has had to make himself available 24/7 for this litigation, which has been quite demanding on him," he said. "You have to remember that Mr. Hotz didn't choose to fight this battle, but now that he has been sued, he has put his heart into fighting this case that has enormous implications for consumers world-wide."

"As for any question as to whether Mr. Hotz has used donation money to take a trip to South America, that's pretty silly. Litigating against a massive company like Sony, who is represented by five attorneys, is very costly for a 21-year-old," Kellar added. "The donation money George has received is being used exclusively for his legal defense. If there are any funds left after the lawsuit, George is planning to donate the money to the EFF [Electronic Frontier Foundation]."

"As for any question as to whether Mr. Hotz has used donation money to take a trip to South America, that's pretty silly. Litigating against a massive company like Sony, who is represented by five attorneys, is very costly for a 21-year-old," Kellar added. "The donation money George has received is being used exclusively for his legal defense. If there are any funds left after the lawsuit, George is planning to donate the money to the EFF [Electronic Frontier Foundation]."
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Today's most infamous hacker, PS3 jailbreaker George "Geohot" Hotz, has laughed in the face of allegations that he fled Sony's lawyers and ran away to South America.

"Apparently, I have fled the country. ROFL," wrote Hotz in a post titled "Fearmongering" on his Geohot Got Sued blog.

"Factually, it's true I'm in South America, on a vacation I've had planned and paid for since November. I mean, it is spring break; hacking isn't my life.

"Rest assured that not a dime of legal defence money would ever go toward something like this. And of course [Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton - Sony's choice of legal firm on this matter] loves the idea of painting me as an international fugitive.

"I have been in contact with my lawyers almost every day," Hotz added. "I would not let the case suffer.

"That said, I also won't let this ridiculous lawsuit run my life either. Then the fearmongerers win."

Hotz will return to North America because the Xperia Play, Sony's new PlayStation-themed phone, is "hard to come by" where he is. I think it's supposed to be a joke.

Yesterday, Sony's lawyers accused Hotz of refusing to comply with court orders. "Hotz's attempts to dodge this Court's authority raise very serious questions," the legal team declared.

Hotz faces an uphill battle against Sony in court. Judges have already ordered that Hotz turn over his computer for inspection. The authorities have also granted subpoenas spanning YouTube, Google, Twitter and Hotz's own website and PayPal account~. Why? To find out who else was involved with PS3 Jailbreak, and who downloaded the piracy-enabling hack.

The only question left to answer is who will play Hotz in Geohot: The Movie - Leonardo DiCaprio or Harrison Ford?
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The lawyers representing infamous PS3 hacker George Hotz are fighting back, fiercely disputing Sony America's right to try Hotz in California - or, indeed, at all.

Sony America traced the IP of PSN account "blickmaniac" near to Hotz's house. If that PSN account belongs to Hotz then he will have broken Sony America's terms of service - a crime SCEA can latch onto.

But in new papers (digested by Groklaw), Hotz's lawyers claim the serial number linked to the "blickmaniac" account does not match the serial number of a new PS3 Slim bought by Hotz.

But Hotz owns three other, undisclosed PS3s. Couldn't it have been one of those? Yes, but Hotz's lawyers have an answer for this, too: blame it on the neighbour. Included in Hotz's defence is a convenient statement from Hotz's neighbour claiming she, not he, created "the blickmaniac account".

"See, I live next door to George Hotz and we've always been good friends," the neighbour wrote.

"At the time I bought the console, I was waiting to be connected to the internet by my ISP so I asked Hotz if I could use his for a while. Good neighbours, that's all."

Hotz's lawyers go on to claim that Hotz wasn't even aware of Sony America as a company. All references Hotz saw of Sony were made about Sony Japan - the company accredited with building the PS3. If Hotz was attacking anybody, it was they.

Furthemore, Hotz apparently never opened the PS3 manual - and his lawyers have the still-sealed evidence to prove this.

"The message that Sony Computer Entertainment America ("SCEA") is conveying to George Hotz ("Mr. Hotz") and the public is of great consequence," the paper declares. "SCEA advocates and encourages the Court to accept that simply by connecting to the Internet, you are consenting to jurisdiction anywhere in the world.

"SCEA has taken advantage of these unfamiliar concepts in order to present the Court with misleading sets of facts and affidavits."

The case continues.
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The lawyers representing infamous PS3 hacker George Hotz are fighting back, fiercely disputing Sony America's right to try Hotz in California - or, indeed, at all.

Sony America traced the IP of PSN account "blickmaniac" near to Hotz's house. If that PSN account belongs to Hotz then he will have broken Sony America's terms of service - a crime SCEA can latch onto.

But in new papers (digested by Groklaw), Hotz's lawyers claim the serial number linked to the "blickmaniac" account does not match the serial number of a new PS3 Slim bought by Hotz.

But Hotz owns three other, undisclosed PS3s. Couldn't it have been one of those? Yes, but Hotz's lawyers have an answer for this, too: blame it on the neighbour. Included in Hotz's defence is a convenient statement from Hotz's neighbour claiming she, not he, created "the blickmaniac account".

"See, I live next door to George Hotz and we've always been good friends," the neighbour wrote.

"At the time I bought the console, I was waiting to be connected to the internet by my ISP so I asked Hotz if I could use his for a while. Good neighbours, that's all."

Hotz's lawyers go on to claim that Hotz wasn't even aware of Sony America as a company. All references Hotz saw of Sony were made about Sony Japan - the company accredited with building the PS3. If Hotz was attacking anybody, it was they.

Furthemore, Hotz apparently never opened the PS3 manual - and his lawyers have the still-sealed evidence to prove this.

"The message that Sony Computer Entertainment America ("SCEA") is conveying to George Hotz ("Mr. Hotz") and the public is of great consequence," the paper declares. "SCEA advocates and encourages the Court to accept that simply by connecting to the Internet, you are consenting to jurisdiction anywhere in the world.

"SCEA has taken advantage of these unfamiliar concepts in order to present the Court with misleading sets of facts and affidavits."

The case continues.

LOL @ Hotz taking all steps possible to avoid getting Dufresne'd in prison
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *plays runnin*