Resi 4, Code Veronica HD remakes outed

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in IllGaming
High definition remakes of classic zombie games Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica are in the works, according to a Japanese magazine.

Famitsu reveals Biohazard: Revival Selection for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, which is said to include the GameCube and Dreamcast classics touched up for home consoles.

Resident Evil 4 includes Ada's Another Order mode, also known as Separate Ways.

Andriasang reports the game may be called Resident Evil Revival Selection HD Remastered Version in the West.

A release date was not mentioned. Capcom hosts an event called Captivate next month.

Resident Evil 4 – considered by many to be one of the greatest games ever – is a survival third-person shooter first released in 2005. Kristan Reed inked a 9/10 in Eurogamer's Resident Evil 4 review. "If you need to buy a GameCube to play it, then don't hesitate," he gushed.

Code Veronica first launched in 2000 on SEGA's Dreamcast console.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mystery title supposedly a remake of RE4 and Code: Veronica.

We're going to file this one under the "half rumor" category.

Here's the non rumor half of the rumor. This week's issue of Japan's Weekly Famitsu magazine has a first report on a PS3 and Xbox 360 title called "Resident Evil Revival Selection."

The rumor part of the rumor concerns just what Revival Selection is. There are some reports floating about indicating that the game contains remakes or ports of classic RE titles Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica.

We'll update once we've heard more!

Update 11:55 -- We've verified that Revival Selection is indeed a compilation of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code Veronica Director's Cut. The games have been "remastered in HD," but that's all that has been announced at present. Release date in Japan is TBA.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1157169p1.html
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Been waiting for this, both classics.
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited March 2011
    Options
    are they just releasing them in 1080p?

or are we getting an RE1 style remake of the games?

that would be sweet
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Will it be $40 like GOW Collection was, or they trying to put em out for a full $60?
  • W!Z G
    W!Z G Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    are they just releasing them in 1080p?

or are we getting an RE1 style remake of the games?

that would be sweet

Man i hope so that remake was ill when it came out for the cube
  • stoneface
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Naw, they're just upscaled remasters, fat chance you'll see a complete rebuild. The GC RE remake was incredible.
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm a definitely cop
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hope its Move compatible. Another must-cop. I never finished 4.
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    First word of Resident Evil Revival Selection surfaced yesterday. Today, Capcom provided a first look, including a comparison image showing how the visuals have improved.

As detailed yesterday, Revival Selection is a PS3 and Xbox 360 title that bundles Resident Evil Code: Veronica Directors Cut and Resident Evil 4 together. Capcom says that the visuals have been "remastered" to 720p, but aside from this it hasn't shared details on what's new.

In this comparison shot, the original is to the left and the remastered version is to the right.
    first-resident-evil-revival-screens-20110324013241733-000.jpg

You'll also find solo shots of Code: Veronica and RE4 in our gallery.

Revival Selection is currently date and price TBA in Japan. A release for the rest of the world has yet to be announced.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hope its Move compatible. Another must-cop. I never finished 4.

You crazy my dude. The ending is shweet
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    You crazy my dude. The ending is shweet

One of the best games of all time.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Looks cool. Will sell decently on PS3.

will flop on 360. Not in First person and too old of a game for 360 users to remember.

RE4 will be the ? .

I wish MGS 1-2-3 collection in HD happened. They were so much better from top down view. Stealth doesnt work as good from 3rd person view.
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2011
    Options

will flop on 360. Not in First person and too old of a game for 360 users to remember.

RE4 will be the ? .

I wish MGS 1-2-3 collection in HD happened. They were so much better from top down view. Stealth doesnt work as good from 3rd person view.

That right there. I would prefer that than to downdload the PS1 versions from the store.
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Resident Evil Code: Veronica X also coming

Capcom said today it will release Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X as downloadable titles on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network this Fall.

Both titles are receiving high definition "upgraded visuals." Resident Evil 4 will have all the bonus contain from the previous RE4 releases, including the Separate Ways epilogue, and Trophy and Achievement support. Capcom did not say if Resident Evil Code: Veronica X will also include Trophy and Achievements support.

This packaged was announced earlier this week in Japan as Resident Evil Revival Selection, with both titles available on one game disc.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RE4 was my fave game last gen. I still have the gamecube disc laying around. If it's individual games then i will cop re4 only. Never really liked cvx
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^you're crazy...RECV had the best story of all the RE games

i was hoping they'd give it a complete overhaul

boo capcom...boo
  • vagrant-718
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    ^you're crazy...RECV had the best story of all the RE games

i was hoping they'd give it a complete overhaul

boo capcom...boo

Maybe but the character switching w/o warning used to throw me off. I made it to the final boss and had to start over cause I gave all my good weapons to Claire and I had nothing with Chris

And cvx was off when the knife was the strongest weapon in the game
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol I honestly never beat RE4 either, I got it on PS2 and I downloaded the Wii version for my softmodded Wii
  • stoneface
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maybe but the character switching w/o warning used to throw me off. I made it to the final boss and had to start over cause I gave all my good weapons to Claire and I had nothing with Chris

And cvx was off when the knife was the strongest weapon in the game

I hope ur just jokingly exaggerating with this
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

RE4 will be the ? .

this, but Konami isnt going to do this. I mean this isnt Capcom we're talking about, the Japanese Activision...? their consumers since the 90s.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i only be recvx n 5
    i need to get all the others
  • vagrant-718
    edited March 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    I hope ur just jokingly exaggerating with this

nope they have a mini game w/ wesker where all he have is a knife and i was a taking out zombies and hunters w/ no problem. I had a harder time beating the game w/ steve who had dual pistol and smgs

I was shocked like did i just take out a hunter w/ 2 stab? If you dont believe me you can google code veronica knife and see how everybody else agrees
  • stoneface
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nope they have a mini game w/ wesker where all he have is a knife and i was a taking out zombies and hunters w/ no problem. I had a harder time beating the game w/ steve who had dual pistol and smgs

I was shocked like did i just take out a hunter w/ 2 stab? If you dont believe me you can google code veronica knife and see how everybody else agrees

i dont know about the mini games, but after beating the game way back when on DC I can say the knife isnt the most powerful weapon in the game, main story wise. It is way more effective than on other RE games though. Inm talking the main campaign
  • vagrant-718
    edited March 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    i dont know about the mini games, but after beating the game way back when on DC I can say the knife isnt the most powerful weapon in the game, main story wise. It is way more effective than on other RE games though. Inm talking the main campaign

i wouldnt say the most powerful but its alot stronger than previous game where it was useless. Alot of the weapons were pretty weak tho, AK47 was weak, all the smgs and dual weapons were weak. the handgun was stronger than all those and the knife could take out certain enemies quicker if you aim correctly. That's why i exaggerated that it was the strongest in the game
  • stoneface
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i wouldnt say the most powerful but its alot stronger than previous game where it was useless. Alot of the weapons were pretty weak tho, AK47 was weak, all the smgs and dual weapons were weak. the handgun was stronger than all those and the knife could take out certain enemies quicker if you aim correctly. That's why i exaggerated that it was the strongest in the game
    Ill admit I liked the knife being powerful as it was, It was a cool lil last resort in tight situations and a good way to conserve ammo, made things interesting. I see what ur saying though.