American Censors Cover Up Dead Or Alive’s Shameful Inner Thigh

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in IllGaming
dimensions.jpg

The Japanese box art for Dead or Alive Dimensions features Kasumi about to kick someone right in the face. The US art is similar, only it decides American teenagers are too vulnerable to handle a little inner thigh.

On the left in the image above, the Japanese cover. On the right, the American. You know, unless the Japanese edition has bare ? (or worse!) on the front of the box, I'll never quite understand why publishers would bother with this kind of thing.

Especially given the publisher. This is Tecmo Koei, former home of Tomonobu Itagaki. The creator of Dead or Alive. And Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. That game had dental floss masquerading as a bikini. And now the house that fighting game ? built is concerned about a little thigh?

You've changed, Tecmo Koei. You've changed.

http://kotaku.com/#!5784697/american-censors-cover-up-dead-or-alives-shameful-inner-thigh

Comments

• Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol I didnt even notice it at first

Back in the DC days I thought DoA would be one of the greatest fighting game series ever, shame they barely improved the series since part 2.

I was a beast with Zack n Jan Lee lol

but yeah the Germans censor blood and WW2 games, the Australians simply dont have an pegi 18 rating so they ban everything that is 18+ and the americans bust their guns but censor the ? . Thank ? I live n Holland man lol
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »

Back in the DC days I thought DoA would be one of the greatest fighting game series ever, shame they barely improved the series since part 2.

but yeah the Germans censor blood and WW2 games, the Australians simply dont have an pegi 18 rating so they ban everything that is 18+ and the americans bust their guns but censor the ? . Thank ? I live n Holland man lol

lol..........I could never understand that
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol...........
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    lol..........I could never understand that

its simple.
    violence good.
    sex bad.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »

Man DOA4 was that truth. Hayabusa all day....just never learned how to hit that izuna drop
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol america full of ?
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    reminds me when i first copped my dreamcast. picked up DOA2 soul caliber and SF double impact...

wonder if we will ever see a DOA on PS3...