Shutter Island (2010)

Options
NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Im Surprised No One Made This Thread....Whos Gonna Go See This Friday....Its Marty So Im Gonna Be There Front And Center...Even If I Do Have My Reservations About It....

Comments

• sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I doesn't look to good to me for some reason but Martin does make great movies so I'm sure I'll download that dvdrip when it drops
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Should be dope. People forget about CAPE FEAR. Scorsese's made thriller's before.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    saw it tonight, it wasnt too bad. im too lazy/tired right now to write a review... maybe tomorrow...
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This ? movie was boring. . . . . It would've been better if the inmates/patients on the island were killing people and it was hard to escape from it.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It Was More Of All Slow Burner....Far From A ? .....The Scenery And Cast Stole The Show ...The Plot Had A Very Been Done That Feel To It...Even Tho Its Not One Of Martys Best Works Out The Door ITs Still Better Than ANything Out Now...ITs One Of THose Gems THat Will Be Appreciated After A Few Years...Like KIng OF Comedy Or After Hours
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anyone with an attention span greater than a 5 year old's should really appreciate this movie

well written, good pacing, EXCELLENT acting, and incredible twist at the end

must see imo
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I like the way it was pieced together. I cant say I was surprised at the ending though, I figured out who the 67th patient was just from watching the trailer so it wasnt shocking to say the least.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Pure garbage...too predictable...just lame...would rather watch paint dry...I thought the place was suppose to be haunted or he was trapped inside and everyone was let loose and he had to escape.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Gotta see it, big Scorsese fan....
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    anyone with an attention span greater than a 5 year old's should really appreciate this movie

well written, good pacing, EXCELLENT acting, and incredible twist at the end

must see imo

was this the first movie you've ever seen? The pacing was terrible. It was beyond boring. Score was awesome, cinematography was awesome, the twist wasn't all that groundbreaking. I saw that ? comin' an hour before. The first hour and a half was AMAZING! Right around the storm is where I was like "alright, gtfoh".
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i disagree with everything you said, no point in arguing we'd be going back and forth forever

the real twist is what he says at the end, not the "revelation"
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not my type of movie but I'd see it if I didn't have to pay
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    was this the first movie you've ever seen? The pacing was terrible. It was beyond boring. Score was awesome, cinematography was awesome, the twist wasn't all that groundbreaking. I saw that ? comin' an hour before. The first hour and a half was AMAZING! Right around the storm is where I was like "alright, gtfoh".

I agree with you. At first I was anticipating some stuff then it just got boring. I knew that what was going to "happen" to Leo. Like I said, they should of had the patients going crazy and killing to make it interesting.
  • bless the child
    edited March 2010
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    Pure garbage...too predictable...just lame...would rather watch paint dry...I thought the place was suppose to be haunted or he was trapped inside and everyone was let loose and he had to escape.

that would've been a good idea lol
  • bless the child
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    i disagree with everything you said, no point in arguing we'd be going back and forth forever

the real twist is what he says at the end, not the "revelation"

Yeah, he basically wanted to get the lobotomy. He really didnt regress.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jus watched it. Leo is a great actor....overall, a good movie. jus not my cup of tea.

pacing was awful imo tho.....to me it like the kind of movie where u spend the 1st hour 'waiting for it to start'.
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Finally got around to seeing it. It's ok - my main beef being the fact that I figured out the "twist" within the first 45mins of watching it.

The movie is in the same lane as 'A Beautiful Mind', but not nearly as good.
  • bless the child
    edited February 2011
    Options
    After watching this movie a second time, i've gained a new liking for it. Once you already know the twist,watching him deteriorate mentally was interesting. You can see how all the hints about his character were there all throughout the movie.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah, this film grows on you
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    SMH @ some of ya'll with the attitude like you got it all figured out.. it's that simple huh? Scorsese himself said his goal was to make two movies, it can go either way. IMO he was sane all along and it was a brainwashing scheme. now if you go back and watch it with that in mind it makes perfect sense. my wife on the other hand had the total opposite interpretation.. this movie is deep and you got to be real simple to think you had it all figured out half-way through and the ending is cut-and-dry like that. this is one of those rare movies that makes people look stupid because it will fly right over your head while at the same time you're arrogant enough to think they got it all figured out.

BTW this is one of Scorsese's best films, critical and popular consensus proven. if you think otherwise you're in the small minority.
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yo, This film gets better the second time you watch it.

Because you know whats going on it's like watching a whole other film.

This film is a classic if you ask me.
  • bless the child
    edited March 2011
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    SMH @ some of ya'll with the attitude like you got it all figured out.. it's that simple huh? Scorsese himself said his goal was to make two movies, it can go either way. IMO he was sane all along and it was a brainwashing scheme. now if you go back and watch it with that in mind it makes perfect sense. my wife on the other hand had the total opposite interpretation.. this movie is deep and you got to be real simple to think you had it all figured out half-way through and the ending is cut-and-dry like that. this is one of those rare movies that makes people look stupid because it will fly right over your head while at the same time you're arrogant enough to think they got it all figured out.

BTW this is one of Scorsese's best films, critical and popular consensus proven. if you think otherwise you're in the small minority.

yeah, I peeped that too. I have to give it another watch.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Somebody Actually Used The Search Feature...I'm Impressed
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Somebody Actually Used The Search Feature...I'm Impressed

I know right.
  • bham100