florida Mom Forces Son to Wear Sign Announcing 1.22 GPA

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in AKA Donkey
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That ? got humbled
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol @ describing her as a hair stylist and niece of a former police chief

Plus neither parent finished high school.....then this ? is just 33 so she had the ? when she was young as ? ......no wonder why dude is mild ?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Another "great example'' of how effective teenage parenting and single motherhood is. She was 18 when she had the ? . Nuff said.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Good Parenting
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its not like she could do something like actually sitting down with him and making him do his homework or incentivising it.

but lookin at that ? , its obvious she just evolved and shes using some old gorilla technique she grew up with
  • RudeDeLaTrill
    RudeDeLaTrill Members Posts: 259
    edited March 2011
    Options
    =\ i work in the registrar's office of my university and this chick got a .80 GPA.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    another "great example'' of how effective teenage parenting and single motherhood is. She was 18 when she had the ? . Nuff said.

lmfaoooo....
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What's the big deal? She ain't the first to do this. A kid at my middle school had the exact same thing happen to him except his mom also made him stand right outside the school so all the other kids saw him and she made him wear a ladies hat. Some ? like this

Jenna-F.jpg

It was pretty hilarious but he also probably learned to try a littler harder in school cause of it.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I agree with her tactics as a parent with him holding this sign.
    She personally knows that by not graduating high school, you do not have other opportunities to advance your life, even with a high school dipolma he could work at a call center and make decent money for himself.
    I applaud her for seeing a future for her own son while society gives up on him and wait for him to become a slave to the FL's prision system.
    You can tell she tried her best with him and his own father is active in his life also; so sometimes you just cant blame the parent but just the hard-headed child.
  • Purr
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    yeah right...
    if he's that willfully ignorant, maybe he should be in a ? cell...

that's the crab in the barrel mentality that we as black people have for each other.
    We literally have 3 choices in life for black men: Jail, Death, or College.
    She's trying to have her son live and go experience a life that she feels he deserves as her son.
  • Pura~Diabla
    Pura~Diabla Members Posts: 1,157
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it.

Also, I'm not sure how all the blame can be placed on her. He's a teenager going through a rebellious stage and she's correcting it. Kudos to her. *shrug*
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He looks like your average ignorant southern hood ? who listens to wayne,flocka and gucci all day.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    another lost for team single mother
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They claimed they tried everything with that ? he prolly has led paint poisoning or some ?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I agree with her passion in her son's education

unfortunately I don't think that method will be effective :shrugs

she's wasting his time trying to humiliate him with this
  • Purr
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    carbs are bad....
    but the crab in barrel mentality you speak of is not present with in me...
    and black men literally have many choices in life... dont misinterpret statistics as some ultimate truth...

I was speaking in simple terms with the example I have given. I know there are many options for black men. However, for some black men unfortunatly these are the MAIN 3 options.

Plus, youre stating that she fails as a parent is quite hilarious to me because you can literally feel her hurt and desparate cry for help to get her son on the right path.

Also, she is not a single parent... His father is active in his life.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol at a 1.22 gpa, you've got to be one ? mf to get a gpa that low.

As for the mom, she is culpable in the situation too. If you care about your kids education so much, take him out that environment where he is around other dumb ? , move him to a better school zone.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was speaking in simple terms with the example I have given. I know there are many options for black men. However, for some black men unfortunatly these are the MAIN 3 options.

Plus, youre stating that she fails as a parent is quite hilarious to me because you can literally feel her hurt and desparate cry for help to get her son on the right path.

Also, she is not a single parent... His father is active in his life.

Then why them two ? parents didn't graduate school? The best way to lead is by example.Can't blame the idiot for turning out just like his ignorant parents.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    alg_james-mond.jpg
    amd_ronda-holder.jpg

Florida mom Ronda Holder uses humiliation to get teen son James Mond III to do better in school

A frustrated mother in Florida is using some tough love to push her teenage son to get better grades.

Ronda Holder forced her son, James Mond III, to stand on a Tampa Bay street corner with a sign stating:

"I DID 4 Questions on my F-Cat AND Said I Wasn't Going to Do it!" said the sign, written in black marker on a large piece of paper hanging around the 15-year-old's neck. "GPA 1.22... Honk if I NEED [an] Education."

The 33-year-old mother said she wanted to embarrass her child into taking his education seriously.

"You take the phone. You take things from them... It don't work," Holder told Fox 13 News in Tampa Bay. "So embarrassing is the best thing. He don't like to get embarrassed."

She plans to make him continue standing on the corner every day until his grades improve.

"Until he straightens up his grades and gets his education on track, he's going to work this corner
    ," Holder said.

The hair stylist and niece of a former Tampa Bay police chief didn't finish high school herself, and neither did the teen's father, James Mond Jr. But both parents were angry that no matter how hard they tried, James Mond III wouldn't put in the effort.

"He'd tell us, 'That school doesn't give homework' or 'That teacher has a problem with me,'" James Mond Jr. told the St. Petersburg Times. "He just sat there looking up at the roof like he wasn't listening."

Not everyone thinks Holder's harsh stance with her son is a good idea.

"Embarrassment and shame is not really healthy for a young person's mind growing up," psychologist Stacey Scheckner told Fox 13 News.

For Holder, she just wants her kid to get an education so he can get a job and have a shot at a real future.

"I don't want any of my kids to stand by the side of the road asking for change," Holder told the St. Petersburg Times.

And they wonder why parents are getting lumped up on the daily nowadays. smh.
  • murdamal86
    murdamal86 Members Posts: 13
    edited March 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    lol at a 1.22 gpa, you've got to be one ? mf to get a gpa that low.

As for the mom, she is culpable in the situation too. If you care about your kids education so much, take him out that environment where he is around other dumb ? , move him to a better school zone.

It's not that simple to just send your child to another school in some cities/states