Anybody caught that Twister submission on UFC yesterday ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    ? i've broken arms and choked people out so BJJ on the street is pretty damn effective but i'd rather use Muay Thai if i had to fight many opponents. Now what you have mistaken as me bragging is actually me spreading knowledge about the wonderful art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. One day i might transit to a MMA fighter but i'd rather focus on my BJJ right now instead but being in the ring isn't really that hard.

I'm very knowledgeable in the field of MMA, for example i knew Jon Jones was gonna beat Shogun and i use fair judgment when i rate fighters. I'm a pure MMA fan.

You're so knowledgable yet you use a video game to rate fighters? Hhahahahahahahah foh!
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pardon My ignorance, and dont take it as bragging... But I just wanna comment on P-Doggs street fighting and entering the ring as not being hard...

Ive had numerous fights in the street, never starting A fight may I add, just defending or sticking up for Myself... Im fairly good with My hands... And I also regularly step into the ring as Im A carded fighter... And I can tell you now, that fighting in A ring is alot more intimidating then street fighting... The days before A fight personally Im nervous as hell, once the bell goes Im good, but the moments before just having My gum shield in makes Me feel sick lol

A street fight happens out of no where and you dont have time to think about it, were as A proper ring fight, you have to time to think about the build up, the pressure and expectations etc... Not to mention your fighting people who have been training for weeks/months just for you...

Ive lost to people 6years younger, with posh accents who you would batter in A street fight, but took Me apart in A ring...

Now I know nothing about MMA/UFC/BJJ etc so I cant comment on them subjects, but Im A student of boxing and follow it religiously, so Im speaking from My experience...

I used to train with My boy John Hathaway at FightSkool He done MMA I done Boxing, since then Ive left for A pure boxing club (altho as kids me and john did go to a boxing club together)

Ive got respect for any fighter who enters A ring to fight, it takes alot of ? no matter how good they are, most people are to scared to set foot in there, because you are all alone, no friends or weapons to back you up, plus you face the prospect of being humiliated in front of 100s or 1000's of people
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    You are a UFC fan that calls himself a MMA fan.

Dog, look back on the ? you've said in regards to fighters and the sport in general.

You sound like someone who just got into the sport. Your first show was UFC 100 huh?

Cause the ? you spewing is beyond ridiculous.
    You aren't spreading knowledge, because you can't stop talking about yourself.

Dude i watch Pride and DREAM sometimes too. Really though what did i say that's so damn ridicoulos ? Phil Davis might aswell quit the sport he sucks and he is boring as hell to watch , he only has good submissions and if Lil Nog aint a gatekeeper then i dont know what a gatekeeper is. Lil Nog is used everytime there is a young fighter who needs to fight a washed up veteran in a excellence vs experience match. That is some grade A gatekeeping right there.

As for that submission as beautiful as it might have been it should be illegal .
  • Will Munny
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You love BJJ yet say phil davis sucks cause he's only good at submissions? The ? ?
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just ordered gracie combatives so I can learn how to sub people in the skreets.
    Watch out normal people, my guard is gonna get you.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah it was good to see the zombie back in action after Roop punted his jaw through the uprights at 65 yards. Great sub, I've been a fan since his first fight with garcia who is a tough fight for anybody at 145. i have to disagree with the TS though, the card was very good for a free fight night. I just expected more hands flying from rumble but, that's the advantage of MMA, you don't have to take the chance and stand with your opponent if you know you can beat him elsewhere. i bet rumble out weighted hardy by damn near 20 pounds at fight time.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah it was good to see the zombie back in action after Roop punted his jaw through the uprights at 65 yards. Great sub, I've been a fan since his first fight with garcia who is a tough fight for anybody at 145. i have to disagree with the TS though, the card was very good for a free fight night. I just expected more hands flying from rumble but, that's the advantage of MMA, you don't have to take the chance and stand with your opponent if you know you can beat him elsewhere. i bet rumble out weighted hardy by damn near 20 pounds at fight time.

Yea, the difference in physique made it ridiculous. Its great to see Rumble back on his winning ways, he definitely will have to throw hands in the future, b/c he ain't gonna outgrapple the Fitch's/GSP's/ Koschecks of the world. Which means he should think of hiring a nutritionist like Alves and and Fitch did to help him make weight easier and increase his cardio.
  • Will Munny
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How does the cheap seats feel about weight cutting? Some fools seem to think it should somehow be banned. I say its cool because it all comes at a price so there tradeoffs in the end.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    How does the cheap seats feel about weight cutting? Some fools seem to think it should somehow be banned. I say its cool because it all comes at a price so there tradeoffs in the end.

Yea man, I never understood the argument against weight cutting. Like you said, there are definite trade offs that can be exploited by fighters who really on technique and aren't intimidated by strength. Unless you're using dieretics or somethign illegal, no big deal.
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You love BJJ yet say phil davis sucks cause he's only good at submissions? The ? ?

He sucks because he is boring and only thing good about him is his BJJ which isn't really that great but solid
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

It's a necessary hazard/benefit/factor of combat sports.
    I believe the introduction of a 163lbs and a 181lbs weight class would even ? up. The level of talent and the the advantage of size would be served to the masses better