The Cheap Seats Interviews Volume 3: matt

Options
radaman
radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Ok, people here's the 3rd installment of the CS interviews with matt. I gotta admit this was the toughest one yet with the white boy and all of his accomodations.... read and enjoy naggas.....

Comments

• radaman
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rada: we're on record

matt: stop stuttering.

*turns off tape recorder* yo shut the f up son!

Alright let's get this started, tell people who matt is

come on breh. this aint an autobiography. you wanna know about my childhood 'n ? ?

come on son, as far as the IC, not your real life, smh, or the Cheap Seats in general

well my niggie, may i call you niggie? Well I've had a long career on the IC. Started out posting in the Social Lounge, then migrated to the GnS, which is where I spent my prime. That's where I got labeled a racist and troll by some. Which is what made it an entertaining spot to post. I would always check for the cheap seats but at that time it was usually dead. like 3 or 4 people posting once a week. so we always talked sports in the GnS. so to make a long story even longer. once the cheap seats began getting traffic I was uber stoked. and that's where i been ever since

no you may not call me niggie

smh

Now lets move forward amicably

That's what's up, Yeah I remember when The Cheap Seats was a dead place as well, it's come a long way

yes it has. I saw alot of posts going through that forum and so i went in and saw the Kevin Ollie thread doing numbers. ? I was just happy to see a thread doing that well. so i started posting. I was like everyone else. I didn't even know who Ollie really was but i was just posting just because. so yeah.

Wait a minute, are you being serious about the Kevin Ollie ? ? You really didn't know who he was before that?

lol. yeah i knew of K-Ollie. but damn. does anyone REALLY know who he is? sorry i know u r the one asking the questions

Ollie is a legend, come on son...

Quick personal question, did you grow up around people of color? And by that, I mean black people

absolutely. I was raised in a gated golf course community. so we would see black people everyday when we would play. they would have to carry our bags and get us drinks whenever we asked. and yes they got paid. Ok. all joking aside, of course I did. You can't play basketball all your life and NOT grow up around black people. That's not meant as an insult, its just the way it is. I played with alot of the same black kids, nh, from the time i was 8 years old up until high school. and I was cool with plenty of black kids throughout school. and most of them are my facebook friends today.

That's what's up. I was just wondering why a white dude would post on a predominantly black forum...

i've been told to post on something called stormfront, but i've never been there to this day. the cheap seats is just a sports forum to me.

Do you make all these black jokes in real life with your "real" black friends?

i mean, i don't care if someone makes white jokes to me in real life as long as we are cool like that. so on that same note, I can joke back with and blacks if we are cool. like that. but not too many people are cool like that. sensitive thugs they all need hugs these days

smh and lol

ok, you have a lot of subliminal pokes (nh) in your posts about my people, I used to call you on it but after a while I was like ? it, whats the deal with that?

lol @ subliminal pokes. wtf. like i said, i used to get called a troll, but to me a troll is more of someone who just says outlandish ? just to evoke a reaction. And at times I do admit to posting things that could get people upset, but there is usually truth in whatever statement i made and its something that i could logically defend. So although it may be a diss, its still true. oh wait, can't process? Losers. Winning. buh bye.

smh

You have the right to ? me, but you do not have the right to judge me. Boom. That’s the whole movie. That’s life.”

hahaha, shut the hell up... so you admit that you're a semi-troll?

I don't know. I don't see myself as that. I am battle-tested bayonets, bro. And Its just controversial comments/jokes about someone, or their team, or their daughter, or their favorite player or their city can often upset them. Their response is usually funny and full of anger. and thats funny to me. but thats only a small percentage of me as a poster.

"or their daughter"??? you son of a ?

dont edit that ? out either

? the editin, you ? ....... nvm next question

What was your athletic background and how wack were you in basketball?

lol. bruh you seen my youtubes hoopin. And I'm only a shell of my former self. I'll never forget I was maybe 14 and went to the playground which happened to be where I spent most of my days. And it was nine hoodies up there and then me. They were picking teams and obviously i was the last guy to be chosen, or so i thought. the captain said, "I'd rather play 4 on 5 than pick up Bryce Drew" I didn't care. so i watched as his team was getting destroyed. halfway through they finally told me I could play. And on some MJ ? , I brought the team back and we won. I always had a seat at the table after that. I always played in rec. leagues, AAU, etc.. growing up But I stopped playing serious ball after middle school, cause baseball was my primary sport and played in year round. In college i played intermurals and was MVP of the basketball and flag football leagues- as a true freshman. I could go on and on, but trust me, I gotta be related to the Thorpe's. and i don't mean Otis. but now i just play pickup games at the Y, play softball and am an avid golfer

I smell ducktales but aight bruh...

back the ? up damnit!!

stop the interview, you saying i wasn't a true freshman?

lol what bruh? u doubt my 20.5, I doubt your Billy Hoyle story, problem?

mr. 20.5....my man. but i prefer to be called jimmy chitwood

no doubt...

but anyway, who'd you look up to as a youth? or model your game after?

ok. obviously Jordan. but I was a big Hornets fan, so I liked Rex Chapman too. oddly enough, Nick Van Exel was one of my favorites and i tryed to play like him too. even had his jersey. the only jersey i've ever owned. Baseball, guys like Craig Biggio, Ken Griffey, Lenny Dykstra, Andre Dawson, and Tony Gwynn were some of my favorites. But I played CF and tried to be like Jim Edmonds. Football: Steve Young and Barry Sanders were the two who stood out to me growing up.

Van Exel was dope... I used to be real huge on baseball as a kid but as I got older it faded, Dawson and Sandberg were too nice in Chicago... thats whats up tho

rip harry carey

yeah I remember the days... I used to watch the Cubs games on WGN over the summer... Oh ? , Mark Grace was nice too... my bad, gettin carried away

Most people already know but tell the Cheap Seats what teams you rep and why...

i grew up in the dark ages, when my state/city had no pro teams. I never really picked up any other teams as 'my team' and So I always said, if we ever got some teams I would be a loyal fan. First came the Hornets, that was the ? . we sucked so damn bad. Then after a few years they built up a good squad that was exciting, they dismantled that, then ? left down. Now we got the bobcats. and thats still my squad no matter what. Then we got the Panthers. same situation. As long as they are here, I'm supporting them. then with college FB and BB, i got the Tar Heels. in NC, you are either a Duke fan, Carolina fan, or ABCD fan (anybody but duke and Carolina)..cool story bro. but Alot of my family went to UNC so thats how I was raised. to not think for myself. but with baseball, I grew up liking the Cubs cause they were on tv every day, but I also like the Braves too cause they kinda the adopted team of the south

interesting... it's good that youre loyal to all your home-based squads...

That night when they were trying to do the NFL mock draft and the UNC/Duke game was on, what substances were you on son? That was some trippy ? holmes...

oh yeah. i vaguely remember that. I think i had the flu so i was on that codeine. or as you people call it 'sizzurp' codeine in the cough syrup

smh @ "you people" but yeah I asked your ass IN THAT THREAD if the bet was still on, you ignored it and after the game was wrapped you wanted to act like a winner smh... and on top of that ? was tellin you to pick and you were acting spaced out... like wtf?

i wasn't seeing every post in that thread cause i was on my phone, i was just posting. not reading other posts so i didn't know you had brought it up. and as soon as it was over I claimed victory on the avi bet. so i get on the computer and got on ghettogaggers to research pics of ya daughter for your avi and i'm also look at the thread and it was then I saw that you were asking for confirmation that the bet was still taking place earlier in the thread. *I didnt' want it to seem like I was only recognizing the avi bet once UNC won, so I didn't recommend an avi for you. *plus the fat kid smoking is priceless

So no ? smoking admittal from that night tho?

we both agreed don't have many black friends. so obviously there was no ? . no diss tho
  • radaman
    edited March 2011
    Options
    smh.....ok, real quick, can we get a list of all the aliases you've made on the IC, excluding radaman's daughter…

about a year ago, some posters in donkey were having a "Fight Klub" rap battle thread thing, and i kinda wanted to try it out but i thought i would get slaughtered and so i didn't want my name attached to it so I created Hip Hop Harry. a rapping bear. Anyway, I thought i'd lose in the first round and that would be the end of it. nobody would know. but thanks to my ridiculous flow I beat everyone and made it to the championship round in which I was battling a mod, who IP checked Hip Hop Harry and matched it to me, then used that in a rhyme in the final verse. it was ether and damning, irrefutable evidence as to who was behind the alias. i was exposed. Other than that I think I made and Illseed alias and posted rumors about IC members in various threads. But recently i think I did Tiger Woods and Cecil Newton, but i wasn't sure how to best utilize them so yeah, thats about it

lmfao @ gettin exposed like that.......I bet that ? was hilarious... lmao

it was. but all records of it have been erased. smh. but a few people around here were witness to it. nobody ever suspected it was me.

Ok, how do you feel about the current state of the Cheap Seats?

the state of the union is strong. the fact that it has traffic is great. alot of times is jokes and clowning and derailment, but it usually still has to do with sports which is fine by me. I think alot of the same topics get discussed too much, but that ? is gonna happen no matter what. Sometimes I wonder about a few posters that randomly pop up w/ no avi and about 32 posts. I think in most cases its the same poster aka john2009 or from the john2009 posting tree, but i can't prove that. But overall, i think things are fine. its usually a good mix of sports talk mixed in with jokes and what not. kinda like how we do at the barbershop

no doubt, pretty spot on...

What do you think happened to Shitman?

bruh i dont know. he went Bobby Fisher/Amelia Earhart/Barret Robbins/Natalie Holloway on us. the cheap seats is a great place, but maybe he's in a better place. With Kentucky making their run, now would be the perfect time for him to around. Especially since they play UNC, but who knows he might have abandoned kentucky after john wall left and became a wizards groupie. full time

dude might seriously be with the fishes... Shitman was a good dude man smh... ? just quit cold turkey. RIP Shitman

its best not to dwell on it. might go to nameastar.com and name a star after him

ok lets change the subject, my eyes are glistening... PAUSE

it was all good a year and two weeks ago. dude was taking pictures of his New Era's on the stoop

lol

What do you want the Panthers to do with their first round pick?[/B]

something stupid

thats what you want?

nope. i think they are trying to sell the idea that they are taking Gabbert or Newton so that one of these other teams will bite on a trade. I know Syder is wanting to. But if they keep the pick, I think they go Peterson or Dareus b/c it fills needs that we have. a longshot would be AJ Green but thats unlikely. If they do take a qb, part of me wants them to take Cam because it would create some excitement in the city and with the team to have someone with that potential. but i'm not like a qb roster of clausen, cam, and matt morre/tony pike. and Jeremy Shockey and steve smith wont like that either, so hopefully they'll get a McNabb, or Palmer or Kolb or Hasselback as opposed to throwing a rookie or Clausen back out there. We had Jake for several years, our fans can stomach some bad quarterback play, but what clausen is doing is unacceptable. although he doesn't deserve all the blame.

you guys havent had a nice QB in quite some time... I'd say go for that

smh @ Steve Beurlein (sp) being the best qb. Vinny Testaverde was nice too, for a 43 year old. Kerry Collins had potential until he became a ? and told the coach he was quitting the team.

Lol....well maybe things will change soon, but my Falcons aint lettin yall go nowhere yet son

next question. we will win win a ring before yall do. no dan gilbert

hahahahaha

What direction are the Bobcats going in?

i hate that our only all star, our only player still left from the first year, our only player who the fans identified with and supported, our only player who actually WANTED TO BE HERE - Gerald Wallace was traded. actually donated. but it could be good. he was making alot of money and even with him, we were at best a 7 or 8 seed and Jordan said he didn't want to be an 8 seed every year, so they got some cap room and an extra draft pick. But i dont care about that. NBA draft is so hit or miss and usually outside of the first few picks, you aren't going to get a franchise type player, so until they can lure some solid free agents in here and not take on any dumb contracts, they could move in the right direction. but that remains to be seen. But i do like what I've seen from Gerald Henderson and DJ Augustine is a solid player but when your bigmen are Boris Diaw and Kwame Brown well, there in lies the problem

smh @ what your squad looks like right now, but yall have been beating some good teams lately. I see yall beat the Knicks tonight(3/26/11)

yeah, which is ? up our draft position. smh. but i think we are like 8-2 vs the lakers in the last ten meetings. yeah. they almost gave up a huge lead tonite, but shawn livingston was ballin. by that i mean i think he had 10 points

lol @ worrying about ? up the draft position

draft position >>> getting blown out again in the first round

I would ask a Duke/UNC question but I dont want it to turn into a debate so tell me, what are the chances your Heels will beat Kentucky and go on to win the Ship this year?

they already beat Kentucky once, and that was when they were still terrible. they had already lost games to Vanderbilt, Minnesota, Illinois and just barely beat College of Charleston. But both teams have improved since then and all that matters is how you are playing now and both are doing well. I think Kentucky matches up well with carolina. they got that ? in the middle who is unathletic but could keep our bigs off the boards and present problems for Zeller. and that dude Terrance Jones or Terrance something could hang with Barnes on the perimeter, so I think it comes down to guard play. Marshall doesn't score alot but i think he can lead the team to the W. I think they could handle UCONN and probably Kansas since they've played a JV schedule all through the tournament. but right now, i'd say there is a 1/6ths of a chance they win it.

lol @ 1/6ths chance... fair enough

Since this is gettin kinda lengthy and people have probably already stopped reading by now, any last words for the good folks in the CS?

if you are still reading, then i'd consider yall my people, my family. and if you're a part of my family i will love you violently. it dont matter if you're black or white. Aaheeeeee-heeeee!!!

shut the hell up whiteboy

and what happened to my Bobcats tickets?

i put them in the mail. maybe the pony got held up in these thunderstorms

thats whats up... Its on then... well It's been.............. ? I dunno, bye ?

see you in the cheap seats.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This should be good...
  • radaman
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sorry about the timing yall, go ahead and watch the game and come back to this
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lmao @ hip hop harry being exposed
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL@rada's 20.5 claim tho
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL, that ? radaman stoopid
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Smh @ that 'nigraseed' alias in the rumors section.

Were you 'mattdaddy' and 'stateofgrace' too?
  • radaman
    edited March 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    LOL@rada's 20.5 claim tho

I put the team on my back doe
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL @ Hip Hop Harry a rapping beer.............

Matt use to get under my skin with the racial jokes too.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    why yall interviewing cats with no sports history in their life ??? LLOL
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Triad lost
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cotdamn. i wouldn't even read all this ? . plus

ac0918a0-01d7-4fdf-b71e-fbf676a5ab72.jpg
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RIP my ? Shitman. Good read but it was lengthy nh
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "Well My Niggie , May i Call u Niggie?"

"sensitive thugs they all need hugs "

"I think i had the flu so i was on that codeine. or as you people call it 'sizzurp'"

LMAO , Matt is ? Yo ...Lol
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ayo radaman, u should rename these to cs sunday conversations. lmao.
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lmao at the last thing radaman said...well its been...? I dunno bye..... haha
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lmao at the last thing radaman said...well its been...? I dunno bye ? ..... haha

Its ok beezy...you couldve said it
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol nah I don't say that
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol nah I don't say that

C'mon now.........
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "Well My Niggie , May i Call u Niggie?"

"sensitive thugs they all need hugs "

"I think i had the flu so i was on that codeine. or as you people call it 'sizzurp'"

LMAO , Matt is ? Yo ...Lol

Hell yea lmao...dead@ hiphop harry
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    why yall interviewing cats with no sports history in their life ??? LLOL

maybe i should just take pictures of myself in front of some trophies that I saved for no good reason. that way people would believe me. the ? is a grown person doing living in their childhood bedroom?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cosign the Cheap Seats Sunday conversation

Connex, stop hatin

Rada...we need that Billfiger interview up next bruh nh this was the best 1 so far though, Matt is a funny ?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Beezy lyin like a muhfucka, when she be drivin to work with the windows all the way up blastin some Jay-Z, she says all the "? " and "? " in the songs
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    maybe i should just take pictures of myself in front of some trophies that I saved for no good reason. that way people would believe me. the ? is a grown person doing living in their childhood bedroom?

This discussion has been closed.