Celebrity Apprentice: Why Women Suck At Business?

Options
The Prime Minister
The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Nothing but self-ether. Notice how they take everything mad personal. 3rd week, 3rd fail in a row...

Is it any surprise that in business, women hold less than 3% of leadership positions?

Feel free to discuss.

Comments

• aijalon
    aijalon Members Posts: 919
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That show in no way accurately depicts how professional women act in the real world. It's a reality show created to entertain.
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    aijalon wrote: »
    That show in no way accurately depicts how professional women act in the real world. It's a reality show created to entertain.

You ever had a woman boss?

Probably not...
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You ever had a woman boss?

Probably not...

Actually every job i've ever had I've been supervised and managed by women.
    It's entertainment brother.
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? is catty. Emotional hoes mayne.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know some damn good business women. Don't stereotype from a TV show.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Female bosses are WOAT.
  • #1 pick
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Female bosses are WOAT.

C/S, this is proven.
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    C/S, this is proven.

It's a matter of embracing the negative with the positives.
    Can they potentially be vindictive? Absolutely yes.
    But in most instances I have found the women in comparative positions of power with men can be the more understanding of the two.
    I think that women are more detailed oriented thus they have a tendency to micromanage which can be annoying but at the same time them paying attention to detail can lead to better hiring and promoting practives.
  • #1 pick
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's a matter of embracing the negative with the positives.
    Can they potentially be vindictive? Absolutely yes.
    But in most instances I have found the women in comparative positions of power with men can be the more understanding of the two.
    I think that women are more detailed oriented thus they have a tendency to micromanage which can be annoying but at the same time them paying attention to detail can lead to better hiring and promoting practives.

Not in my case, 60% of them either got me fired or I had to quit because the job because it was hell. I rather run my business overall but I rather work around men than women as a employee. Color is a secondary issue compared to gender in the workplace for me. I had one female boss who claimed she couldn't do a good job without me because I was the most productive worker but would review me like I was a poor worker. Never explain her reviews when I asked but would always look to me if anything need to be done fast. That was in college. I worked in corporate America with men and got nothing but positive reviews and promotions. I rather work with men.
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    Not in my case, 60% of them either got me fired or I had to quit because the job because it was hell. I rather run my business overall but I rather work around men than women as a employee. Color is a secondary issue compared to gender in the workplace for me. I had one female boss who claimed she couldn't do a good job without me because I was the most productive worker but would review me like I was a poor worker. Never explain her reviews when I asked but would always look to me if anything need to be done fast. That was in college. I worked in corporate America with men and got nothing but positive reviews and promotions. I rather work with men.

In all honesty I did quit the corporate world because I was tired of the office politics. That and it just was not what I wanted to do. And as I had stated previously the majority of my immediate superiors had been of the female gender. Did I have issues with them? Oh ? yes. But at the same time I remember incidents where they would be more understanding than a man would have. Men can be just as devious but more covert in their actions. I also think that because the roles of the woman in the workplace have changed so recently there is still bit of discomfort and uncertainty about them functioning in that capacity.
  • #1 pick
    edited March 2011
    Options
    In all honesty I did quit the corporate world because I was tired of the office politics. That and it just was not what I wanted to do. And as I had stated previously the majority of my immediate superiors had been of the female gender. Did I have issues with them? Oh ? yes. But at the same time I remember incidents where they would be more understanding than a man would have. Men can be just as devious but more covert in their actions. I also think that because the roles of the woman in the workplace have changed so recently there is still bit of discomfort and uncertainty about them functioning in that capacity.

I always knew how to communicate with men better but I did have this one ? ass white male boss who seemed cool with me but the person over me who was a women hated me and would give me these fail hard tasks. Needless to say, I was fired but I seen the writing on the wall when it was after father's day. I asked her what she do for it as her and her husband have a 5 yr old and she told me, "I don't know, I am not a father". If I got the chance I would line all those ? up and shoot them all. I don't have any ill-will for my ex-gf's but those women I worked for in the corporate world... I don't like them, I don't like them at all.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    All the female bosses have been pretty cool :shrug

I cant recall ever having a problem with any of my bosses male or female.

And I agree with some others. Its just a show bro. Heavily edited etc etc.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    All the female bosses have been pretty cool :shrug

I cant recall ever having a problem with any of my bosses male or female.

And I agree with some others. Its just a show bro. Heavily edited etc etc.

Basically this.....