Update on my boy who caught the Domestic Violence Charge

Options
American.Loo
American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
two weeks ago i told yall a friend of mine caught a charge. he grabbed his girls arm during a dispute and she called the cops.

cops took a photo of the bruises and they said charges were pending. even after she asked that they been dropped.

well that was two weeks ago...

today he texted me and told me the state is dropping all the charges. he avoided the cuffs and the case. i told him to dump the chick too.

Comments

• Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thats whats up.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That sounds about right. W/O her testifying they had nothing. But yeah, he need to dead that ? .
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    o yeh...he go get raoed..word to adebisi
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited March 2011
    Options
    WTF she call the cops just to drop the charges? then they wonder why cops dont take DV as serious as they should and chicks end up dead.

? have no follow thru. what a dizzy broad
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Silly girl.
    She can't press charges and then have them dropped. Once they place the charge, she has no power. Smh.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thats whats up. Its still messed up he had to go through all that. SMH people cant even argue with a chic these days with out having to answer to the courts about it.
  • American.Loo
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it was a dumb, terrible incident indeed. basically she was talking fly and tried to walk off, he grabbed her arm. at that point i pulled him away. few hours later she calls him and says he's facing charges.

the next morning, she's at his house crying and apologizing.

I understand that women are emotional creatures, but ? with a man's criminal record (basically hurting his career for life) is not a game. if things had went to court she woulda felt like ? .
  • American.Loo
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    if he is not abusive and she called the police only to be spiteful, then they should part ways. who's to say something similar won't happen in the future. was that his wife or were they just dating?

his girlfriend. im still trying to figure out how he got off without going to trial.

he was told that the state MUST take him to trial
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i told you they were gon most likely drop the case
  • Plop Star
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if he is not abusive and she called the police only to be spiteful, then they should part ways. who's to say something similar won't happen in the future. was that his wife or were they just dating?

is that a mugshot?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    she had a couple hrs to think about it and she still called the cops, he should thank his lucky stars its over and drop her immediately, dont play about that ? .

@kai_
    mi amiga that pick scared the ? out of me at first lol u on the bride of chucky swag ma lol
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    his girlfriend. im still trying to figure out how he got off without going to trial.

he was told that the state MUST take him to trial

Honestly, he needs to reevaluate the wneitre situation.

Quick story:

A good brother, no criminal activity, just a genuinely upstanding hard working man. Okay, he did cheat on his girl BUT he told her when he did and she allowed it, she stuck by him and that was irrelevant.
    She lived with him, he took care of everything financially and although she could have had a job, she was unemployed. She really didn't make any attempts to find one or help out with rent or any bills.
    It came to a point that it was becoming too much for him. Rent on the rise, bills piling up, taking care of her etc. So he sat her down one day and basically said "Listen, this is the situation, can you help out? If not, I think it would be best for you to move back in with your mother. I am NOT breaking up with you, iI just need you to contribute or take a little burden off of me by living with your mother."

This girl then went BANANAS. She started throwing down on him, he refrained from hitting her of course. She took it as "What, you don't want me here anymore?" when clearly he stated that was NOT the case. In the midst of throwing things and hitting on him, he restrained her hands, not hit, just held them down to keep her from hitting him. She then called the cops after she is the one who went nuts. He did have a piece in the house (for protection purposes, he wasn't that kind of dude) and she knew that. As soon as she made the phone call, he got the piece, proceeded to leave the apartment and went outside. He even passed the cops but they didn't know it was him until this female pops her head out of the window all the while knowing he would catch a charge for the fact he had a weapon, starts screaming at him to bring attention to him in his car.

Needless to say, they followed him, pulled him over eventually, he caught a charge and did time.

She tried to befriend him and get back with him after he got out. Smh. He never did or would.
  • Plop Star
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol hell no, i've never been arrested. what a scary experience that would be

it's my passport photo. it's the first time i've actually liked one of those pics. so i decided to use it as my avi.

lol ok, i thought you wasnt the type to be catching charges and ?
  • American.Loo
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @ Conscious__Nkechi crazy story. i bet things like that happen all the time

reminds me of that scene in "Blow" when him and his wife are driving, they get in an argument and she swerves the car. right when they get pulled over, she starts screaming "HE HAS DRUGS ON HIM!!"

I mean, it was ? up. Men dont just get so mad that they start snitching off top like that. funny thing is, the woman usually is all sad after she calms down.

It really makes you question the intelligence of having a woman all in your businesss.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Quick story:

A good brother, no criminal activity, just a genuinely upstanding hard working man. Okay, he did cheat on his girl BUT he told her when he did and she allowed it, she stuck by him and that was irrelevant.
    She lived with him, he took care of everything financially and although she could have had a job, she was unemployed. She really didn't make any attempts to find one or help out with rent or any bills.
    It came to a point that it was becoming too much for him. Rent on the rise, bills piling up, taking care of her etc. So he sat her down one day and basically said "Listen, this is the situation, can you help out? If not, I think it would be best for you to move back in with your mother. I am NOT breaking up with you, iI just need you to contribute or take a little burden off of me by living with your mother."

This girl then went BANANAS. She started throwing down on him, he refrained from hitting her of course. She took it as "What, you don't want me here anymore?" when clearly he stated that was NOT the case. In the midst of throwing things and hitting on him, he restrained her hands, not hit, just held them down to keep her from hitting him. She then called the cops after she is the one who went nuts. He did have a piece in the house (for protection purposes, he wasn't that kind of dude) and she knew that. As soon as she made the phone call, he got the piece, proceeded to leave the apartment and went outside. He even passed the cops but they didn't know it was him until this female pops her head out of the window all the while knowing he would catch a charge for the fact he had a weapon, starts screaming at him to bring attention to him in his car.

Needless to say, they followed him, pulled him over eventually, he caught a charge and did time.

She tried to befriend him and get back with him after he got out. Smh. He never did or would.

damn.. she definitely falls under the "aint ? " category... yo friend? fam? friend of a friend?
  • gns
    edited March 2011
    Options

Quick story:

where's the happy ending? story was depressing as hell

lol, i can't help it, i usually look mannequin-esque in pics, esp if i'm not smiling, and i can't since it's a passport photo. i like this one, came out much better than my last one

u look good either way, the hair makes u look "i will ? a ? for cheating on me" though.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @ Conscious__Nkechi crazy story. i bet things like that happen all the time

reminds me of that scene in "Blow" when him and his wife are driving, they get in an argument and she swerves the car. right when they get pulled over, she starts screaming "HE HAS DRUGS ON HIM!!"

I mean, it was ? up. Men dont just get so mad that they start snitching off top like that. funny thing is, the woman usually is all sad after she calms down.

It really makes you question the intelligence of having a woman all in your businesss.

No sense what so ever. When your s/o tells lets you in like that, it is NOT your place to bring it back up and throw it in their face. That is just malicious and spiteful.

@ the highlighted: See, it depends on who though. A loyal lady like myself........
    jusdre313 wrote: »
    damn.. she definitely falls under the "aint ? " category... yo friend? fam? friend of a friend?

He is and his girl at the time tried to befriend me/hit on me/ulterior motives of all sorts. Never trusted her grimey, slimey self.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    where's the happy ending? story was depressing as hell

It was supposed to be.
    However, he learned a lot from it. She was no good for him and not only did all that time get him to think of that, he re evaluated a lot of things in his life. It gave him clarity and peace. Was it worth a charge? No, but he turned it into something many brothers don't always do. Some come out angry, bitter, wanting to ? the chick while he came out better than when he went in. it all depends on the person and how they choose to utilize their time. That is all they have in there and fortunately, he grew from it and weeded out negative people/things in his world.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Quick story:

I would've killed the ? , personally.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thats a ? up story.. damn

how much time he do
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @concious_nkechi, that's some crazy ? . how did she honestly think he would take her back after all she put him through. just smh
    Those who are not sane have a tendency to do crazy, ? things.
    Thats a ? up story.. damn

how much time he do

A year. I think he got off a bit earlier for good behavior.
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Gotta agree with the above, very depressing story.

It's sad to say, but even if you trust a woman when she is being logical, when they turn emotional, there is no limit to the kind of damage you can incur. They will regret it in the morning, but the damage will have already been done.
  • gns
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol, how my hair make me look crazy tho?

ever since i saw lynn whitfield in "a thin line between...." that hairstyle always bugged me out lol as i said though u still doing your thing.

@conscious

mane lie to us next time or exaggerate on his accomplishments after the jailtime...lol, man that story was a downer
  • American.Loo
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sh0t wrote: »
    Gotta agree with the above, very depressing story.

It's sad to say, but even if you trust a woman when she is being logical, when they turn emotional, there is no limit to the kind of damage you can incur. They will regret it in the morning, but the damage will have already been done.

basically thats what i learned from my boys situation and Nneki's story.

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    ever since i saw lynn whitfield in "a thin line between...." that hairstyle always bugged me out lol as i said though u still doing your thing.

@conscious

mane lie to us next time or exaggerate on his accomplishments after the jailtime...lol, man that story was a downer

107.gif No!
    Okay fine. He got out enraged more than ever, hunted her down, tied her up..................something to do with the bottom of the ocean and got locked up again once they found his DNA on her teeth from bite marks 44.gif Regardless of his actions, it all boils down to it being HER fault.

*L&O:SVU post*