Does anyone knows how MJ/Jordan brand circumvent the NBA and NCAA rules?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
I was readiing how Jay-z is under investigation by the NBAPA for having contact with the Kentucky players prior to the draft (not that i've even heard 1 player declare they will be leaving), then i went to wondering how does MJ circumvent that rule with UNC. I know some schools wear his brand or he is at Chapel Hill all the time, so how does he get away with talking to college players and what not?

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    because he's just a donor to the school, he gives shoes, sweatsuits, etc... not to the individual but to the school. which is fine.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • usmarin3
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What about having contact with UNC players, is it because he is an alumni?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Notice how he makes this thread cause his ? Jay-z is under investigation....
  • usmarin3
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Notice how he makes this thread cause his ? Jay-z is under investigation....

? sit your ass down, the NBA rule says owners cannot have any type of contact with college players prior to the NBA draft. I just wondered how MJ get around it, as simple as that.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? sit your ass down, the NBA rule says owners cannot have any type of contact with college players prior to the NBA draft. I just wondered how MJ get around it, as simple as that.

Simply put because its Nike doing the deals with schools not MJ...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

but what direct contact has jordan been having with UNC players? I just don't recall any pics of Jordan chilling in the UNC locker room dapping up all the players. Not saying he hasn't done it I just don't recall it.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why are there 4 Jordan threads on the 1st page? Cheap Seats is slippin...
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    but what direct contact has jordan been having with UNC players? I just don't recall any pics of Jordan chilling in the UNC locker room dapping up all the players. Not saying he hasn't done it I just don't recall it.

michael-jordan-talks-kicks-with-unc-players.jpg

of course this was at the first round of the NCAAs in Charlotte and he was talking with both duke and unc players when they arrived at the arena