lets be honest about raekwon...

Options
SHAYDEEEE
SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Reason
his pen game is wack. he cant write good raps. no multis, no metaphors, and barely even stays on beat.
luckily his content is good, not the same old rims/chain ?
and his production is always amazing

not trying to be a hater, in fact ob4cl2 still gets regular rotation and i think his latest will get rotation for awhile to come, but its all thanks to the production honestly, and i always find that the first songs i check for are the ones that feature artists better than him.

thoughts????

Comments

• Calii Comfort
    Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yeah the beats saved him, i forget who said he had a grocery list flow hahhahhaha its true.

i only liked method,face, and gza out of the WU
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    raekwon always been nice to me. his flow is unique. defientely him and gza the best out the wu to me
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i was wonderin if it was just me
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    talik23 wrote: »
    raekwon always been nice to me. his flow is unique. defientely him and gza the best out the wu to me

gimme some quotables maybe ? goin over my head or somethin
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He is a grocery list rapper

"Olive Oil Paper plates, ravioli noodles, spaghetti meat sauce, coke and baking soda, pepper mint ice with the bug light, avocado bankrolls and key lime pie"

Ghost > Raekwon and his run on flow, ? don't even attempt to ride the beat. I use to ? with Rae on the earlier ? .
  • Calii Comfort
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i only ? with OB4CL 1

ghost's apollo kids is slept on
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i only ? with OB4CL 1

ghost's apollo kids is slept on

yea i just heard apollo kids this week been had drama with joell ortiz and game on repeat
  • Calii Comfort
    edited March 2011
    Options
    SHAYDEEEE wrote: »
    yea i just heard apollo kids this week been had drama with joell ortiz and game on repeat

yeah that whole ghost face joint was dope. The only thing i don't like about ghost is the way he start off his flow idk it just doesn't sound right
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    theres somethin a little off about his flow holdin him down but he keeps ur attention throughout and gets his point across i used to have him in my top 5 back when fishscale dropped he kinda fell off since that i guess
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Raekwon >>> Eminem
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    theres somethin a little off about his flow holdin him down but he keeps ur attention throughout and gets his point across i used to have him in my top 5 back when fishscale dropped he kinda fell off since that i guess

i meant ghost not rae
  • talik23
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gimme some quotables maybe ? goin over my head or somethin

check out the rap kingpin, the black jesus
    i know a few ? sniff coke, it cause seizures
    peace to half moon caesars and all the ? in the bleachers
    hot weather, sex on the beaches

ice water-raekwon
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wu Tang forever.........
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just felt he used a lil too much slanguage he's confusing as ? especially on it's yourz
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    talik23 wrote: »
    check out the rap kingpin, the black jesus
    i know a few ? sniff coke, it cause seizures
    peace to half moon caesars and all the ? in the bleachers
    hot weather, sex on the beaches

ice water-raekwon

see what the ? is a half moon caesar i dont know what this dude is talkin about half the time lol
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    shock thread....Rae is gettin better with age. His flow has always been unique. Just cuz u dont get it dont make it wack
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you dont know what a half moon part is or a Caesar cut this might not be for you. Rap is a culture.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    shock thread....Rae is gettin better with age. His flow has always been unique. Just cuz u dont get dont make it wack

no shock thread im seein if its just me who feels that way or not i can drop lines from him that were just plain dumb but im tryin to show some respect to him at the very least cuz regardless if he's got pen game or not he knows how to craft a classic
  • talik23
    edited March 2011
    Options
    see what the ? is a half moon caesar i dont know what this dude is talkin about half the time lol

half moon caesar is a special caesar cut. i understood that clearly lol
  • bigrizz
    edited March 2011
    Options
    no shock thread im seein if its just me who feels that way or not i can drop lines from him that were just plain dumb but im tryin to show some respect to him at the very least cuz regardless if he's got pen game or not he knows how to craft a classic

Well show respect and buy the album. Put it on slo mo and maybe it aint him that sounds dumb
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well show respect and buy the album. Put it on slo mo and maybe it aint him that sounds dumb

i did buy ob4cl2 fool. producers and featured guests carried it imo
  • NatTurner1972
    NatTurner1972 Members Posts: 239
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Rae is solid but the beats and guest stars did carry OB4CL 1 & 2 this new album is solid but it has always been GZA,Ghost,? ,Deck,Rae,Cappa,Masta,ODB,RZA and U-? in that order. I know Cappa aint official Wu-Tang member but he might as well be. Also cats sleep on Ghost because he has two styles he can give a straight lyrical knowledge rap or that nonsencial Apollo kid flow I always like that about him. Wu-Tang es para siempre!!!
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    your probably right, but dude knows how to drop a dope ass album.
  • bigrizz
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i did buy ob4cl2 fool. producers and featured guests carried it imo

ill just agree to disagree. I think he adds just enough that he compliments whoever he's on the track with. He rarely make an ass of himself amongst his peers
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ill just agree to disagree. I think he adds just enough that he compliments whoever he's on the track with. He rarely make an ass of himself amongst his peers

except when on the same track with nas lol other than that he holds his own just fine but doesnt ever really stand out