The OFFICIAL 2011 NBA Playoff Thread

Options

Comments

• Ant4523
    Ant4523 Members Posts: 805
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So who's gonna bet against me that the Thunder murk the Spurs when they play them? Bet
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Ay Millz.. I think we should have an official thread for each series.. That way we can have a more focused topic instead of speaking about all things playoffs in this thread.. Just a thought..

Yo Emm wassup wit an AVI bet I got my Celtics bustin ya'll ass wit the quickness
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lets go ? !

heat aint sweeping nobody
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lets go ? !

heat aint sweeping nobody

the most unconvincing avi ever lol
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Before Millz closed the other thread I accepted it.. But the terms are this.. If there are any injuries bet is off.. But if everyone is healthy and yall win.. Ill wear the avi.. And vice versa...

ight bet....
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »

lmao!!!!!!!!!
  • rice n gravy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »

lol :(
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    playoff prediction

eastern conference 1st round

1. bulls vs 8. pacers- bulls in 5
    4. magic vs 5. hawks- magic in 7
    3. celtics vs 6. knicks- celtics in 6
    2. heat vs 7. sixers- heat in 5

western conference 1st round

1. spurs vs 8. grizzlies- spurs in 5
    4. thunder vs 5. nuggets- thunder in 7
    3. mavericks vs 6. blazers- mavericks in 6
    2. lakers vs 7. hornets- lakers in 5

eastern conference 2nd round

1. bulls vs 4. magic- bulls in 6
    2. heat vs 3. celtics- celtics in 7

western conference 2nd round

1. spurs vs 4. thunder- spurs in 7
    2. lakers vs 3. mavericks- lakers in 6

eastern conference finals

1. bulls vs 3. celtics- celtics in 6

western conference finals

1. spurs vs 2. lakers- spurs in 7

nba finals 2011

1. spurs vs 3. celtics- celtics in 6
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    they overhyping the ? out of these blake griffin dunks on espn, the best one was the spin move and the only other good one wasnt a dunk
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i thought this was a good insightful primer for the playoffs. it was written with the Bulls in mind but can be applied to playoff basketball in general

A Bulls Playoff Primer By Dan Bernstein–

NBA players, coaches and broadcasters love to tell you that “playoff basketball is different.”
    The phrase is ominous, portending a seriousness and gravity absent in, say, the typical December lark when fans are just as interested in the dancing fat guys and the Kiss-Cam, and the biggest roar comes when a seldom-used scrub knocks down the jumper that guarantees the free burgers.

But it’s also true. Starting tomorrow, the differences will be clear.

Here are some, and, specifically what they may mean for the Bulls, who are better prepared for them, perhaps, than others.

1. Familiarity with the opponent.
    This point is fundamental, affecting the others. By now, teams are known knowns. Until the NBA finals bring a cross-conference meeting, every coach (non Del ? category) is intuitively aware of every play called and every player running it. The Bulls are used to the availability of volumes of scouting information, so the reports handed to them before each series will not come as a shock, even if there are a few one-liners at the expense of Tom Thibodeau’s obsessively-thorough, detailed manuscripts.

2. Physical play.
    When you know what the other team’s running as soon as the point guard calls it, you can go where you know your guy is going. The bumping and bruising of the playoffs is partly guys playing harder each possession, but it’s really a function of familiarity, as the same guys make the same moves in the same places – beat the post scorer to the spot he likes, anticipate the position of the ball-screen and fight through it, jam the routine cuts, etc. The Bulls are ready for this, depending on…

3. Officiating.
    Refs are in focus in the postseason, and overly so. All that teams want is for the same calls to be made for both sides, from the first play to the last, whether it’s a no-blood-no-foul day, or everything is drawing a whistle. Though Thibs is a rookie, his years of vocal presence on the sidelines and solid relationships with referees give him latitude to plead his various cases beyond what a typical first-year head coach may otherwise get. Derrick Rose is finally being treated like a star, with fouls more assumed when he initiates contact. He is a 10% better free-throw shooter than last year – a very underappreciated fact that is now more significant than ever.

4. Shorter bench.
    Generally, teams rotate fewer players, since the time off between games allows for recovery from heavier minutes. Starters stay in longer, taking fewer and quicker breaks. I’ll bet the Bulls stay with what they have been doing all year, however, since the defense of their second unit is a big reason for the 62 wins. If opponents want tired starters on the floor against that kind of length, discipline and activity, I don’t think the Bulls will mind.

5. Attacking/defending individual matchups.
    This happens all the time in pro ball, but is clearer in playoff games that feature more tight, half-court play. It’s not only pure isolation, but realizing mismatches after screens and understanding situations. Can you pick up a quick second foul on an important player to force him to the bench early? Should you be making that same guy fight through screens now so he’s tired on offense later? Take away the first option, identify the second and stop that one. Good defense means the last guy they want shooting ends up doing so, and if he makes it you live with it (this is why you will see Joakim Noah in the coming weeks holding the ball, alone, at the foul-line-extended, as the shot clock ticks). The key is what coaches call “KYP,” for Know Your Personnel. Right now, this trip, whom do we want to shoot it for us, and then whom do we want shooting it for them?
    The Bulls are good because they have been good at this kind of thing all year.

Lastly, here’s something that will be discussed ad nauseum in the next weeks that you should make a real effort to ignore: “momentum” from one game to the next, or one series to the next. The invocation of this mythical beast is the laziest crutch of the laziest, dumbest writers and analysts, as they grab onto clichéd postgame prattle to pander to the primitives and simpletons among us.

There is no time for myth in the NBA postseason, there are only truths.
    In my world, those are defense, rebounding, foul-shooting, and Derrick Rose
  • rice n gravy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    there really haven't been too many exciting players that's immediately str8 out of the draft these past few years. So they're just going the extra mile to have one. That's y him and John Wall get so much media coverage. They're trying to create young super stars

i dont even think Wall gets his shine like that most coverage that ? got all year was that body punch he did to Z
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Bulls in 5
    Heat in 5
    Bos in 6
    Magic in 7

Lakers in 4
    Okc in 7
    Por in 7
    Spurs in 6
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    NeighborhoodPusher and Coo Coo Cal's Beanie can eat a bowl of ? . and thats ? up yall hatin OKC because of a man in AFRICA. get that hate out ya blood, and Denver aint beatin ? . thats why they got punished the last 2 times we've played. which was like last week.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    CANT WAIT...

word to bart scott
  • qdiii55
    qdiii55 Members Posts: 38
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • qdiii55
    qdiii55 Members Posts: 38
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Celtics won't making it this year...should've never got rid of Perkins
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    here we go wit the first game
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lank me up with that BULLS game somebody please!!!
  • MR.CJ
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lank me up with that BULLS game somebody please!!!

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/60202/1/watch-chicago-bulls-vs-indiana-pacers.html
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The bulls look Legit.

Legit pretenders.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks for that link!
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    time for shaq to ? retire..
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    pacers came ready... won't win 4 games but they came out ready.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Some other players on the bulls gotta step up. Rose can't do it by himself in the playoffs.