The IC salon!

Options
Bussy_Getta
Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Powder Room
Yea we needed a hair thread lol

So ladies (men too cause I know y'all nosey ? gonna Be in here lol) what's going on with your hair? What do you plan on doing with it? Any hair inspirations?

All things hair!!!

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So I was thinking I'd be dark brown with highlights, I got pics of when I did that a couple years ago so I'll post them when I get to my CPU iPad sucks with the pic posting
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    you rockin that new jolly rancher style?
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dyed my hair blonde and I don't really like it. I think I should have gotten a darker color.
    so I think maybe in June I will dye it brown.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    <
    I love my natural hair
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dainty wrote: »
    I dyed my hair blonde and I don't really like it. I think I should have gotten a darker color.
    so I think maybe in June I will dye it brown.

I've done 2 different shades of blonde before both sucked
    I think you'd look cute with the Kim kardasian shade of blonde. Google it
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    <
    I love my natural hair

Nice, is it cut in a style or something tho?
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    went bright red for a year, letting it grow out now and it looks like a mix of browns and honey brown

thinking about just wearing the natural color for about a year or so...and once i get where i really want to be in life, i might dread up
  • Tupacfan
    edited April 2011
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    went bright red for a year, letting it grow out now and it looks like a mix of browns and honey brown

thinking about just wearing the natural color for about a year or so...and once i get where i really want to be in life, i might dread up

haaay june!

Dread up!!!!
  • Tupacfan
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nice, is it cut in a style or something tho?

i wear my hair in all types of styles.. but i prefer my long hair.. cut? no, maybe trims..
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options

Is not breaking off from the color tho right?
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    i wear my hair in all types of styles.. but i prefer my long hair.. cut? no, maybe trims..

Ever tried light layers, it offers a lot of versatility and adds volume to long hair :)
  • junegemini
    edited April 2011
    Options
    naw pico...my hair is healthier than ever right now...? 's been growing like crazy :)

a few years ago, i let my cousin use me for practice at her hair school thing and she put some cheap ass color in my hair, some ? from walmart :( ...it broke off in the back and on the sides...the sides looking good, and the back is coming along slowly but surely

here's a pic of when it was red...it was brighter in the light, but you get the concept

17557_610076210557_33607876_35025063_6733123_n.jpg
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options
    naw pico...my hair is healthier than ever right now...? 's been growing like crazy :)

a few years ago, i let my cousin use me for practice at her hair school thing and she put some cheap ass color in my hair, some ? from walmart :( ...it broke off in the back and on the sides...the sides looking good, and the back is coming along slowly but surely

I bleached the hell outta my hair once and it was shedding like a ? in dog for months, I cried my lil heart out that day :(

Then I put an aphogee in it and it stopped
    :)
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My hair is a couple of different shades of blonde ... it will get blonder come summertime

It's about down past by shoulders ...I want to do some hot pink or purple peek a boo highlights but I'm worried that my boss will hate it cause we have to go to court every week

My friend said I should do some clip on ones to see how much they actually show .....
  • junegemini
    edited April 2011
    Options
    kai...do you relax your hair or rock the natural look?
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I use tresseme heat Protectant, I used to dye my hair a lot too but I just kinda stopped one day, I'll use a rinse if I want a lil color. The best thing I do for my hair is once every couple of months I'll go the whole month with our putting any heat on it and just use leave in conditioners my fav is Herbal Essences long term relationship split end mender! It smells like raspberrys and leaves my hair silky. My hair feels so alive after that month
    :)
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I use Redkin Extreme leave in treatment

You can use it daily and it really helps keep your hair soft and not dried out from products
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    as long as yall don't rock them ugly ass lace front wigs
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My hair is a couple of different shades of blonde ... it will get blonder come summertime

It's about down past by shoulders ...I want to do some hot pink or purple peek a boo highlights but I'm worried that my boss will hate it cause we have to go to court every week

My friend said I should do some clip on ones to see how much they actually show .....
    ? yes try the clip ins, I got some hot pink clip ins my BF hates but I love them lol
    If you lived in la I'd give you some of mine :)
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

like a year or 2 ago, I got on a natural hair kick and stopped weaing it straight. I decided to transition officially in Nov of 09 and it was all good until around Aug of 2010. my hair started breaking off so I had to BC earlier than I wanted. It's grown back a lot and I want to wear it straight again...

I've been wanting to have bangs for the past few months but I have been putting it off because I'm scared to do it w/o a relaxer.
  • junegemini
    edited April 2011
    Options
    serious question...blacks use the same hair products as whites?

all of my hair care products come from a professional salon, i use stuff you can't buy in sallys :( i got this mizzani butter blend ? i use to wrap my hair...its supposed to moisturize your hair and it leaves it nice, silky, and shiny looking. smells good too...to grease my scalp, i got some ? from Dudley...can't think of the actual name but its a light hair grease
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I use all kinda hair products
    I don't grease my scalp either supposedly it blocks hair follicles
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So im guessin it aint no dread head ladies on here.....
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So im guessin it aint no dread head ladies on here.....

You got dreads? Do you ever dye them?
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this was what i was talking about in the first post idk if you can see the highlights
    fqsg7.jpg