Are we out of the recession?

Options
bornnraisedoffCMR
bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
The media says so. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The media.... lol
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    u askin the wrong people.. the recession was a war on the middle class.. we poor.. this the ? we used to.. we jus have the company now. haha
    ? studied hard got those good grades went to the good colleges to be right where we are. lol
    idiots.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    u askin the wrong people.. the recession was a war on the middle class.. we poor.. this the ? we used to.. we jus have the company now. haha
    ? studied hard got those good grades went to the good colleges to be right where we are. lol
    idiots.

Ay I always tell my ? that ? . Being poor growing up was the best education I had. Makes you resourceful.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ay I always tell my ? that ? . Being poor growing up was the best education I had. Makes you resourceful.

Good ? .

But yeah not out of the recession. I live in Michigan we been in it for 25 years and still goin strong.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    The media.... lol

THis made me laugh LOL

Anyway the market as a whole is but its just time for them to start hiring I guess. But the average American isnt out of ? .
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol not at all, but i honestly do believe we could be much worse.
  • mephistopheles
    mephistopheles Members Posts: 97
    edited February 2010
    Options
    k1eulj.jpg

• bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thing is, we will never have a recovery in jobs because businesses arent hiring. Businesses arent hiring because they cant get the capital (from banks) to expand. Banks are loaning capital because their is no capital. There is no capital because there is no savings. There is no savings because we have artificially low interest rates and policies that punish savings.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybe the upper class is.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The Jackal wrote: »
    Maybe the upper class is.

Everyone is poorer, even the upper class, but obviously they wont be affected as much. The middle class will always feel it the worse, just watch when the high (or hyper) inflation comes. ? will be disgusting. Be ready to see soccer moms on the blvd offering some head for some food so she can feed little Tommy.
  • swadesw
    swadesw Members Posts: 75
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    LMAO ofcourse not. smh @ media journalists using the rebounds of the dow & s&p to dictate whether we're out of a recession or not. All of the world's corporations still lost some 50% of market cap n have yet to reclaim that back, some banks still have severly depressed assets due to exposure to subprime loans that started this mess in the first place.... on top of that we still havent felt the aftershocks of the stimulus & massive job losses in North America that will still continue to weaken the economy & add more to the growing deficit WHICH in turn lol is mounting especially the trade deficit. The more the deficit mounts the more value the greenback loses, the more higher the price of oil & gold goes. The next few years will be interesting especially given that interest rates are set to rise sometime later near the end of year or in the beginning of the year 2011. should rates rise not only will unemployment be a problem but ppl trying to keep a roof over their head will be an even bigger problem.

Now its not to say that the U.S wont get out of this b/c it will it always has n im more confident in the U.S than my own country smh.... its just gonna take a while for things to stabilize n get back on track.

Im also still curious to see if china will be able to sustain that growth, i cant be the only one who feels that theyre growing WAAAY too fast.... i think theres something more to China... wouldnt be surprised if they collapsed due to something we might have missed about them. Just recently i believe they sold some of their U.S. Treasury bills & now i think Japan is the largest owner of U.S debt.... must look more into it tho....

Anyways... I say that by 2012 we will be "officially" out of the recession. But even after that inflation is sure to creep in & do its damage SMH.

America most likely will collapse soon we've been the world power for to long we gotta fall sometime.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    its possible but highly unlikely. this isnt even a depression its just a recession & they happen occasionally.... i dont think its really as "bad" as their making it out to be. i mean ya it is bad n the greenback is fallin off but im confident in the american system. but hey well see only time will tell....

Keep in mind, before the Depression really kicked off, there were signs of recovery in 1931-32.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Keep in mind, before the Depression really kicked off, there were signs of recovery in 1931-32.

very true.........
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol, what media? Those dying companies that print "news" onto dead trees?
  • tdoto88
    tdoto88 Members Posts: 751
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ive been reading these comments and I got to ask... what is everyone using as economics indicators??