Flaws & All?

Options
Blue Virgo
Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Powder Room
Have you ever been told that you weren't good enough? not smart enough? not tall enough? not thick enough? not thin enough? Or anything along those lines?

How'd you deal with the man/woman/whatever that told you these things and how did it make you feel?

*sets out tissues*

Let's talk about it, people.

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    im gangsta i cant talk about feelings
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i got told by a few women that i was too short for them...funny enough is that i wasn't even interested in most of them who told me this they just felt the need to tell me they didn't like guys my height or shorter...didn't bother me though...i figure anybody that discounts me over something that stupid is doing me a favor anyway
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I been told by some women, That I wasn't very talkative(social) and I was always quiet. Unfortunately, I got label with being anti social individual, quiet people are weird and crazy, something was wrong with me, they couldn't understand why a tall, solid definition(lean muscle) big guy like myself wasn't a social butterfly like everybody else. blah blah blah blah etc. which really didn't bother me. and really didn't care what they said. I always had been the laidback/reserve type individual who enjoy's his own company and likes to do solitary activities like mediating, exercising, reading and drawing works of art.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited April 2011
    Options
    oooooh, will you post some of your art?
  • MeTaL
    edited April 2011
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    oooooh, will you post some of your art?

Give me a min, let me upload them, I have alot them and scan

14ah120.jpg

9gk775.jpg

5djfa9.jpg

2cnehx5.jpg

more uploading, give me min
  • MeTaL
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ohgf4.jpg

jj75at.jpg

3176wlu.jpg
    .. ...................
  • Blue Virgo
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wowzas....you're really talented. Do you plan on pursuing a career that makes use of your gift?
    MeTaL wrote: »

14ah120.jpg

This is so dope.
  • MeTaL
    edited April 2011
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    Wowzas....you're really talented. Do you plan on pursuing a career that makes use of your gift?

This is so dope.

Yeah absolutely
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options

14ah120.jpg

9gk775.jpg

5djfa9.jpg

2cnehx5.jpg

more uploading, give me min

you got talent my dude...keep it up...that 2nd pic is the best to me
  • freepostking
    freepostking Members Posts: 468
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Too thin, too quiet, too sarcastic or too effeminate seem to be the main ones.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nice work metal, ? 's really good...

on topic though... i was going through a phase once where i just didn't have the energy in pursuing any chicks unless i felt they had a certain something about them that would make me want to deal with them on a mature level for a while....even if it wasn't gf/bf type situation.. i was just tired of drama and dealing with chicken heads, and that's all i was dealing with...i was about 22/23 at the time, and i was just interested in having mature female company witout all the ? ...

a lotta ppl thought i was going about it the wrong way..... saying i was being too nice to the females i would talk to, not aggressive enough, and trying too hard to be these chicks friends...and my defense was always that i wanted a female i could be friends with and if anything developed so be it..if not....so be it...i mean most would say i was falling in the dreaded "friend zone" alot....but i didn't really see it that way, i always felt that when females don't look at you as someoen that's trying to smash or bf material...when they look at you as just a friend they can vibe with...their defenses are down...u get to see them as they really are...there's no show or front.. they're being completely honest aboutt hemselves..and that's the side i wanted to see outta the females i was meeting in this period...so by consequnece i wasn't getting any ass....but i was gathering a much much stronger understanding of women...

most of my ? just couldn't understand it, and a few of the females at my job couldn't understand it all either...everybody knew the kinda personality i had, and knew how fun i was to be around..and the fact that i wasn't ? anything..and any chicks i was talking to i wasn't pressing up on really hard, that ? just perplexed them.....like i remember once we were at work it was like 3 chicks and two of my homeboys and we were all talking about it...and they were all trying to convince me i was dead ass wrong... like the chicks were saying, they'd rather a ? just be upfront about ? , and not try to be their friend...they said that the ? i was doing was weird, cuz they knew they wouldn't ? me if i came at them like that..it's like they couldn't accept that a guy really wanted to be their friend...they looked at that as some "falling in love" type ? ...and i was promising them i wasnt looking for love.. i jsut wanted someone i could appriciate for more than just a ? ...and many of them just couldn't grasp that...it was kinda like they were scared or intimidated by it...they used to go as far as say ? like if i was to ever deal with someone and they broke my heart they'd beat the ? outta the chick cuz i didn't deserve it...and i used to trip off that...cuz i didn't feel i was that much of a nice guy.. i just wanted mature female friends whoi could maintain an open relationship with...

i just kind had it stuck in my mind that the kind of female that would understand it would be the kind of female i was looking for....and eventually it worked out, i caught an older chick who was recently coming out of an ugly divorce and just wanted the companship of a good friend without it being anything too serious....? worked out perfect...we had a blast for the short time it lasted, the sex was great, and the conversations and overall just chill part of the friendship was exactly what i was looking for to get my mojo back so to speak....she was the first person who broke down that whole "reason, season, lifetime" concept....she was like we were a season for each other...and defintely a reason...it was a beautifully brief relationship that really improved my outlook on women as a whole and made me truly realize how important it was to wait for someone that you feel is truly for you....

me and shorty woulda never ever worked in a longterm relationship...she was definetly effected by that divorce..and i t was never that "love" kinda relationship...we just adored each others company, and really gave each other exactly what we were looking for at the time...

i wa just going through a weird phase where i wanted to prove to myself that i could attract more than just chicken heads and chicks who ain't got ? going for them....

i actually saw her recently..she's married again, i saw her and her husband out one night...walked over introduced myself just smiled and told her i was happy for her, and she said the same....and that was it...
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They told me i was to skinny, to young, to short..... then they saw my ? .
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited April 2011
    Options
    5djfa9.jpg

I really like this ^^^

Anyway, I get clowned a lot for being small/ flat chested. And most recently, this guy told me that I'm not emotional enough. We'd been talking almost 2 months and he would purposely say reckless things and try to start problems just to see me upset or get agitated. I guess he was just used to dramatic, emotionally unstable women *shrug*

The first thing, I haven't gotten over and probably never will, I want to get implants once I graduate school because I'm extremely aware of it. The second thing is funny to me- I just don't let people get to me, especially not people who aren't my family and really don't matter in the long run.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    "i dont accept half ass compliments. get the ? out my face."
  • Blue Virgo
    edited April 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    du, give me a min be4 i read all that

anyway, i've been fortunate to have a great family and a wonderful relationship. my husband has never made me feel like i was less than or not good enough, if anything he's always made me feel beautiful and confident even when i always didn't it.

Awwww....that's really great. It shows that he appreciates and values you as a person and his wife.
    Don't mess that up!
  • Blue Virgo
    edited April 2011
    Options

The first thing, I haven't gotten over and probably never will, I want to get implants once I graduate school because I'm extremely aware of it.

That's a big decision. I hope you're happy with the end result though.
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Everybody points out that Im short and that my voice is really soft and quiet. My little brother just doesn't listen to me at all, one time I told him that he couldn't leave the house until he cleaned up his mess he made in the kitchen and he walked right past me and went outside. So I followed him and told him to go back inside and stood right infront of me, laughed and said " what are you gonna do if I don't". My little sister came and told him to get in the house and he listened to her.

My legs are kinda chunky and people always find a reason to talk about them, my bf's sister always says to me "my ? jodi why are your legs so big".
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dainty wrote: »
    Everybody points out that Im short and that my voice is really soft and quiet. My little brother just doesn't listen to me at all, one time I told him that he couldn't leave the house until he cleaned up his mess he made in the kitchen and he walked right past me and went outside. So I followed him and told him to go back inside and stood right infront of me, laughed and said " what are you gonna do if I don't". My little sister came and told him to get in the house and he listened to her.

My legs are kinda chunky and people always find a reason to talk about them, my bf's sister always says to me "my ? jodi why are your legs so big".

Why she hatin tho?
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dainty wrote: »

No diss but I hate pretty chicks that always seem to find something wrong with them....Stop reaching just for attention...you know damn well you look good...U think ugly fat chicks is stressing about the fickle things you are worried about?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Uh I was once told I was too white, now i'm walkin around swaggin in my white suit!!!

But on the real that ? used to hurt my feelings when I was a kid......
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Uh I was once told I was too white, now i'm walkin around swaggin in my white suit!!!

But on the real that ? used to hurt my feelings when I was a kid......
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? you ? ok

Its ok Pico. Its ok. Let it all out.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    nice work metal, ? 's really good...

on topic though... i was going through a phase once where i just didn't have the energy in pursuing any chicks unless i felt they had a certain something about them that would make me want to deal with them on a mature level for a while....even if it wasn't gf/bf type situation.. i was just tired of drama and dealing with chicken heads, and that's all i was dealing with...i was about 22/23 at the time, and i was just interested in having mature female company witout all the ? ...

a lotta ppl thought i was going about it the wrong way..... saying i was being too nice to the females i would talk to, not aggressive enough, and trying too hard to be these chicks friends...and my defense was always that i wanted a female i could be friends with and if anything developed so be it..if not....so be it...i mean most would say i was falling in the dreaded "friend zone" alot....but i didn't really see it that way, i always felt that when females don't look at you as someoen that's trying to smash or bf material...when they look at you as just a friend they can vibe with...their defenses are down...u get to see them as they really are...there's no show or front.. they're being completely honest aboutt hemselves..and that's the side i wanted to see outta the females i was meeting in this period...so by consequnece i wasn't getting any ass....but i was gathering a much much stronger understanding of women...

most of my ? just couldn't understand it, and a few of the females at my job couldn't understand it all either...everybody knew the kinda personality i had, and knew how fun i was to be around..and the fact that i wasn't ? anything..and any chicks i was talking to i wasn't pressing up on really hard, that ? just perplexed them.....like i remember once we were at work it was like 3 chicks and two of my homeboys and we were all talking about it...and they were all trying to convince me i was dead ass wrong... like the chicks were saying, they'd rather a ? just be upfront about ? , and not try to be their friend...they said that the ? i was doing was weird, cuz they knew they wouldn't ? me if i came at them like that..it's like they couldn't accept that a guy really wanted to be their friend...they looked at that as some "falling in love" type ? ...and i was promising them i wasnt looking for love.. i jsut wanted someone i could appriciate for more than just a ? ...and many of them just couldn't grasp that...it was kinda like they were scared or intimidated by it...they used to go as far as say ? like if i was to ever deal with someone and they broke my heart they'd beat the ? outta the chick cuz i didn't deserve it...and i used to trip off that...cuz i didn't feel i was that much of a nice guy.. i just wanted mature female friends whoi could maintain an open relationship with...

i just kind had it stuck in my mind that the kind of female that would understand it would be the kind of female i was looking for....and eventually it worked out, i caught an older chick who was recently coming out of an ugly divorce and just wanted the companship of a good friend without it being anything too serious....? worked out perfect...we had a blast for the short time it lasted, the sex was great, and the conversations and overall just chill part of the friendship was exactly what i was looking for to get my mojo back so to speak....she was the first person who broke down that whole "reason, season, lifetime" concept....she was like we were a season for each other...and defintely a reason...it was a beautifully brief relationship that really improved my outlook on women as a whole and made me truly realize how important it was to wait for someone that you feel is truly for you....

me and shorty woulda never ever worked in a longterm relationship...she was definetly effected by that divorce..and i t was never that "love" kinda relationship...we just adored each others company, and really gave each other exactly what we were looking for at the time...

i wa just going through a weird phase where i wanted to prove to myself that i could attract more than just chicken heads and chicks who ain't got ? going for them....

i actually saw her recently..she's married again, i saw her and her husband out one night...walked over introduced myself just smiled and told her i was happy for her, and she said the same....and that was it...

Did you type all of this in one sitting or did put it in word then copy and paste?