Just watched "Blade Runner" Again, Harrison Ford is one of the GOATS.......

Options
rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Yo his performance in this flick was crazy. It made me really appreicate Harrison Ford even more. The fact this movie came out when I was only 2 years old and I watched it as a child. I was too young back then to understand how deep the movie was. Watching now and seeing how he held up all these years later just let me know how Dope Harrison is. He outshinned everyone but Darth Vader in "Star Wars". His Swags levels in "Star Wars, Indy and Blade Runner" were on 100,000 Trillon. And the Man's Catalog has nothing but Classic. It's discraceful he hasn't won an Oscar.

STAR WARS TRILOGY (Legendary Trilogy)
INDIANA JONES TRILOGY (Legendary Trilogy)
BLADE RUNNER (Epic Masterpiece)
AMERICAN GRAFFITI
APOCALYPSE NOW
WITNESS
PATRIOT GAMES
CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER
THE FUGITIVE (Amazing movie)
AIR FORCE ONE (GET OFF MY PLANE, lol)
WHAT LIES BENEATH (Killed it as the Villian)

I will be watching him this Summer in "Cowboys and Aliens". And for those that have slept on it, Watch "Blade Runner" as soon as possible. One of the greatest not just sci-fi but movies of all time:

220px-Blade_Runner_poster.jpg

220px-Cowboys_%26_Aliens.jpg

Comments

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    never seen Blade Runner,heard a lot about it though
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    never seen Blade Runner,heard a lot about it though

Yo back in 82 it flopped cause it came out at the same time as "E.T." but that ish is Classic on so many levels. I have Netflix on my Playstation 3 and it was up there. I remember it as a kid cause my brothers use to watch it but I only seen it about 1 time. I saw some it on TV a few years ago but I remember leaving and not finish it. It was cool to watch it again cause it brought me back to my childhood. But overall the Story, Acting, Cinematography. Even the Effects were ahead of it's time. Ridley Scott is responsible for 2 of the Greatest Sci-Fi movies ever with "Blade Runner" and "Alien". The movie was amazing and I watched the Theatrical cut. I just ordered the Director's Cut Blu-Ray. The movie was so deep and it was a nice mixture of action and suspense. It's basically a detective story from the future. It takes place in L.A. 2019. Harrison killed it.
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah, Blade Runner is incredible, both versions are worth a view. Visually, it still looks great today. This is still Harrison Ford's best performance, I think. The scene close to the end with Decker and Roy Batty is still one of the greatest scenes ever constructed.

"All those moments will be lost, in time..."
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah, Blade Runner is incredible, both versions are worth a view. Visually, it still looks great today. This is still Harrison Ford's best performance, I think. The scene close to the end with Decker and Roy Batty is still one of the greatest scenes ever constructed.

"All those moments will be lost, in time..."

"Like Tears in the Rain"

Yea man, movie was dope a f*ck. Can't wait to watch the full director's cut. I love the whole atmosphere of the film. The Fact it was raining the whole time really brought a nice element. Also it felt like I was watching a live action Japanese Anime with all the Asian influence with them being in China Town. It was dope though. Also check out this little fact about the movie:

In 1993, Blade Runner was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

So 11 years after it's release the Library of Congress added it to it's vaults. Damn, this joint is more than just a Cult Classic. This movie is a Masterpiece.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i've maintained that this is my favorite movie for some years now, it was one my favorites next to the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies (damn Ford is one of the GOAT you're right) when i was growing up and each time i used to watch it i found something new to appreciate or think about it just gets better with time.. it was this and Empire Strikes Back for me. i even used to have the original VHS release of this that had the Harrison Ford voice-over, Ridley Scott cut this out in the first Director's Cut that was released years later but it's interesting to me with the narration. this movie is so deep there's book written about it. i have one of the best ones it's called Retrofitting Blade Runner: Issues in Ridley Scott's Blade Runner and Philip K. ? 's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Co-signature to this thread. Blade Runner is up there with Star Wars, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Alien when it comes to GOAT sci-fi flicks....
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I stole all my swag from Harrison Ford. I even rock the Indian Jones leather coats. Blade Runner is my favorite movie of all time, and it inspired some of my favorite other things of all time.

His loveable rogue motif is the best in movie history. He even made Tom Clancy novels-turned-movies bearable.

Hats off to the greatest actor of all time, in my opinion.

Blade Runner also stars Edward James Olmos, but you might not realize it. Blade Runner is also much better than the short story its based on. PKD's books were never fun to read, but they were always provocative.

If you like Blade runner or cyberpunk in general, please watch Strange Days, staring Angela basset.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    that Cowboys & Aliens movie looks dope. i thought it was going to be on some dumb comedy ? but that's looking serious imma have to watch it
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    After watching the Theatrical Cut this weekend I must say I prefer the Final cut alot more.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

INDIANA JONES TRILOGY (Legendary Trilogy)
    APOCALYPSE NOW
    CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER
    THE FUGITIVE (Amazing movie)
    AIR FORCE ONE (GET OFF MY PLANE, lol)

Yeah............
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My Favorite Ridley Scott Film....Top 3 Sci Fi Films Also....I Cant Think Of Anybody Playing A Better Straight Man Than Harrison.....