was muhhamed hassan greatest heel of this century?

Options
htowntx
htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
Dude had a great run until upn made the WWE get rid of him because of the "terrorist like" attack on the undertaker that aired right after to London terrorist attacks in 05 (even tho it was taped before the London attacks)

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    NO............................
  • htowntx
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dont think so, his character had potential but wasn't around long enough. I always wondered why they didn't cut that part out of the broadcast and just ended the show after the Taker beatdown
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    vince is racist
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • htowntx
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yall gotta remember, this was post 9/11 and everybody hated Arabs. And he wasn't a heel in the traditional sense because he was telling the truth about how his people were discriminated against and that made people hate him even more.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    smh @ dude really being Italian

that ? ain't got an Arabic bone in his body lol
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hell NO HHH in 03, Jarrett in 05. That was some GOAT heel work
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I feel he could've been a great heel and he was for that time period

it was like he arrived at the right time, and people hated hearing the truth about themselves. And when Divari spoke Farsi, the people ate that ? up and hated them even more. It was like the people were booing to say, "speak English, you're in America" or "you're in America now, if you don't like it, then leave". Everyone was ignorant to the language and what he was saying. They just hated anything anti-American.

And for him being at the right place at the right time to be considered an all-time great heel; to me he falls into the Sgt. Slaughter category where there's a war going on and the enemy is getting the spotlight. Slaughter happened to be the All American Hero who defected and became a sympathizer and people hated him because he sided with the enemy.

Hassan could have become a great heel, but his run was too short, and with the way things are in the WWE nowadays, it wouldn't have lasted long anyway. Besides, Super Cena crushed him before he moved to Smackdown and broke his undefeated streak anyway.
  • htowntx
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah but he had a title match lined up against taker at the great american bash and I believed he was gonna be booked to win the belt

He would've had a nice run imo if he wasn't forced out over that bs controversy
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If UPN pressured the WWF to get rid of Hassan, the WWF should have just moved him back to RAW, since RAW was supposed to be the edgier show. If they did that, then Hassan would have lasted a little while longer.

The WWF claimed the reason why they got rid of him was because they knew his heart wasn't in the business like that, moved him back to OVW to hone his in-ring skills, saw no improvement, and let him go.
  • htowntx
    edited April 2011
    Options
    "The damage had been done, and when UPN pressured WWE to keep Hassan off the airwaves, Copani was released from his contract. "

Yeah I've read so many versions of the story. I always thought that they should've just moved him back to raw, which was the more edgier show, instead of just releasing him
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I wonder what he does now
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I wonder what he does now

I think he went into real estate
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    cm punk making rey's daughter cry in the ring on her birthday>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

classic heel ? ...classic

cm-punk-scares-little-children-o.gif
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nah, his character just hit way close to home. Dude wasn't even from the mideast, he was of italian descent. I did think the undertaker killed him though.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hassan was a very good heel.. but I do recall alot of his fellow wrestlers got ? when he did the slit throat ? once and it didnt help an alleged attack happened while he was doing the gimmick.
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Look @ the Heat...He had more heat than Del rio has right now..
    JR Quote: "This man interrupts more special moments than anybody you can name, it's a total lack of disrespect!"..