Rotten Tomatoes being wrong as f#ck Unappreciation...

Options
Maalik
Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Sometimes they be right & sometimes I get the feelin like its a bunch of smug, arrogant ? grading these films. I just saw "Arthur" today & that movie was funny as ? . The whole theatre couldn't stop laughin all movie. I go to RT & it got a 24% rating & all the comments are negative........SMH.

Comments

• shawnbrown
    shawnbrown Members Posts: 2,256
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jusst goes to show you that you cant be takin ppk word for ? . You gotta see the movie yourself. That goes with anything.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My 3 Reasons For Not Seeing This Movie

1. Its A Remake
    2. Its A Remake Of An Awful 80's Movie
    3. Russel Brand Is A ?
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Russel Brand gives a career killing performance.....

Havent seen it yet.. but really though?
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Iono. Roger gave it 3/4....try reading his reviews more often if you don't like RT. He's not uppity with his tastes. I tend to agree with him most of the time.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Rotten Tomatoes could kiss my ass...most of the movies on there have a negative rating
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    this...
    and RT got these movies wrong:
    I am Number Four
    Sucker Punch...

Nah they were right about I Am Number 4... that was pretty bad lol...
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    RT is right 95% of the time, you ? just have terrible taste in movies.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What Rage said
  • Maalik
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Havent seen it yet.. but really though?

trust me...the movie's funny. Don't go see Arthur expecting to see an award winning film....just smoke, buy some nachos & enjoy it for what it is. it was madddddd funny to me.
  • Maalik
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    sboogie wrote: »
    I thought it was aight...
    its a teen movie...
    it aint supposed to be the Godfather...
    plus i saw it in imax and it was dope...

nah b....yall ? & movie critics alike are smug.

If I feel like seeing a high quality film...i'll clear out 5 hours & watch The Godfather...

In the same way, if I feel like seeing a regular stupid movie....i'll go see "Scream 4, Tron:Legacy or I am Number 4"

I dont feel like seeing a cinematic classic every friday night. sometimes i want to see some dumb ? , see ? blow up, ? get sliced & be entertained...

Who sounds worse, the movie viewer who views movies for what they are & enjoys them or the ? who tries to find the Oscar performance within The Fast & The Furious?
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • rage
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    nah b....yall ? & movie critics alike are smug.

If I feel like seeing a high quality film...i'll clear out 5 hours & watch The Godfather...

In the same way, if I feel like seeing a regular stupid movie....i'll go see "Scream 4, Tron:Legacy or I am Number 4"

I dont feel like seeing a cinematic classic every friday night. sometimes i want to see some dumb ? , see ? blow up, ? get sliced & be entertained...

Who sounds worse, the movie viewer who views movies for what they are & enjoys them or the ? who tries to find the Oscar performance within The Fast & The Furious?

LOL....I dont lower my expectations for nothing. If I am paying to see a movie in a theater it better come correct in every aspect. ? I look like going into a movie like "This is going to be ? , but I'll pay money for it anyway"

Oh and nobody with any real taste is paying money to watch Fast and the Furious let alone looking for anything oscar worthy within it.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    they hatin on your highness also....i want to see that
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i never listen to critics
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL....I dont lower my expectations for nothing. If I am paying to see a movie in a theater it better come correct in every aspect. ? I look like going into a movie like "This is going to be ? , but I'll pay money for it anyway"

Oh and nobody with any real taste is paying money to watch Fast and the Furious let alone looking for anything oscar worthy within it.

I agree. If it is not over 70% on RT im not gonna spend money on it. If it is below 50% on rt it doesnt even go into my netflix blu-ray queue. Ill wait for the subpar movies to hit my netflix instant, hbo, or even TNT.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    there are certain movies I'm gonna see regardless of how its reviewed. I usually catch action films, horror flicks and sophmoric comedies. Critics usually ? on those genres. But if there is a movie I'm on the fence about RT usually is the deciding factor.

btw Sucker Punch sucked.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited April 2011
    Options

You Aint Lyin....? In Here Thinkin They Movie Buffs Cuz They've Seen Pulp Fiction Twice GTFOH
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Pretty much. after seeing how some on here gave g.i. joe rise of the cobra and diary of a tired black man exceptional and favorable ratings, from that point forward i refused and will still refuse to take anything said on the ic involving movies in a serious manner
  • rage
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What Rage said
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I agree. If it is not over 70% on RT im not gonna spend money on it. If it is below 50% on rt it doesnt even go into my netflix blu-ray queue. Ill wait for the subpar movies to hit my netflix instant, hbo, or even TNT.
    You Aint Lyin....? In Here Thinkin They Movie Buffs Cuz They've Seen Pulp Fiction Twice GTFOH
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Pretty much. after seeing how some on here gave g.i. joe rise of the cobra and diary of a tired black man exceptional and favorable ratings, from that point forward i refused and will still refuse to take anything said on the ic involving movies in a serious manner

Exactly...

? out here talkin about "I am number 4"? That ? is one step above Velocioctopus vs Clovercrocaraptor on SyFy.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

LMAO

Anyways for the past 4 years or so I've been watching movies based on the reviews of Anthony Quinn of The Independent.

He's always near spot on with his reviews and he ? on ANY actor or director if they come out with wack ?
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LMAO

Anyways for the past 4 years or so I've been watching movies based on the reviews of Anthony Quinn of The Independent.

He's always near spot on with his reviews and he ? on ANY actor or director if they come out with wack ?

Zorba The Greek Is Doing Film Criticism? I Thought He Died A Few Years Back....All Jokes Aside I Can Honestly Say I Enjoy Ebert's Reviews From A Mainstream Media's Perspective Is The Most On Point...He Unbiased And Very Insightful So Much So That Sometimes I Learn New Things About A Movie Previously Watched Movie That I Didnt Catch Watching It....His Only Downside Is That Sometimes He Gives Too Much Away In His Reviews...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Zorba The Greek Is Doing Film Criticism? I Thought He Died A Few Years Back....

Not to be confused with the late actor, this guy's different, he's a novelist and film critic
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    imdb more accurate than rotten tomatoes

Thats what I use.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    IMDB>>>>>>>>Rotten Tomatoes.
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? IMDB ratings. They always ? on black films.