Kevin Durant is the most overrated player in the NBA

Options
Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Lets be real here. He's 6'10" and gets locked up routinely by 6'4" shooting guards. He cant post up, he cant take you off the dribble, he doesnt play defense, and he's not clutch. He's just another scorer that really doesnt do much else to help your team. Check out his stats in the clutch

[SIZE=-1]Game Winning Shot Opportunity = 24 seconds or less left in the game, team with the ball is either tied or down by 1 to 2 points. [/SIZE]

5-14, 1-1 from the FT line, and 1 assist.
http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

And you ? expect him to win the west over kobe? :confused:

Comments

• D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mumo x in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..............
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What about Carlos ? ?

And Devin Harris is fucken overrated.

Mind you, I cant stand the Thunder (Except Westbrook, who is taking over controls on that team)
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    David Lee too ? that ? did to warrant 80 mil?

I watch Golden State regularly he showed up when they was eliminated from the playoffs.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited April 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    What about Carlos ? ?

And Devin Harris is fucken overrated.

Mind you, I cant stand the Thunder (Except Westbrook, who is taking over controls on that team)
    Neither one of them are on the allstar team so i wouldnt consider them overrated.
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    mumo x in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..............

Beat me to it.
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Neither one of them are on the allstar team so i wouldnt consider them overrated.

Yeh but ? been an All Star.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeh but ? been an All Star.
    He always been #2 tho. And still puts up 20 and 10 in that role. He's not dominant but id take him on my team at the price he's paid.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i was sayin this to a friend of mine the other day ? swears durant is the best player in the league
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    He always been #2 tho. And still puts up 20 and 10 in that role. He's not dominant but id take him on my team at the price he's paid.

Thats the point.

Obviously you referring to current NBA players and this year ? been ? Jerry Reisendorf.

Dont tell me this time last year you thought Durant was overrated, cause you didnt.

Same thing go for ? he missed a big chunk of the season I dont even know if he really wants to be out there.

Gibson or even Kurt Thomas showing more reliability and heart than that soft ? .

Everybody I knew praised the Bulls for that move after basically losing out on Amare.
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm not totally sold on Al Horford either.

Everytime I see that ? and his wack ass team on tv, I just think to myself "I bet the old vets look at his ? and cringe, how is he an All Star?"

Damn they just handing out All Star spots.

Shout to Jamal Magloire and Dale Davis.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Russell Westbrook is underrated
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thats the point.

Obviously you referring to current NBA players and this year ? been ? Jerry Reisendorf.

Dont tell me this time last year you thought Durant was overrated, cause you didnt.

Same thing go for ? he missed a big chunk of the season I dont even know if he really wants to be out there.

Gibson or even Kurt Thomas showing more reliability and heart than that soft ? .

Everybody I knew praised the Bulls for that move after basically losing out on Amare.
    ? averages 18 and 9 this year. Nobody expected he'd have the same impact as Amare, he never has. ? isnt rated high to begin with, so he's not overrated. Durant is overrated because the ESPN hype machine was saying he was better than Lebron going into this season. How is a ? that only scores better than a 2 time MVP that carried his team to 60 win seasons b2b and to the finals?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rondo is the most overrated player in my opinion
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    rondo is the most overrated player in my opinion
    I got him 2nd. He's trash to me
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? averages 18 and 9 this year. Nobody expected he'd have the same impact as Amare, he never has. ? isnt rated high to begin with, so he's not overrated. Durant is overrated because the ESPN hype machine was saying he was better than Lebron going into this season. How is a ? that only scores better than a 2 time MVP that carried his team to 60 win seasons b2b and to the finals?

Since when is an 80 million dollar contract not a good telltale sign of a players overall rating and worth?
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yea Durant is so overrated he averaged 30 points last season at the tender age of 21
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Since when is an 80 million dollar contract not a good telltale sign of a players overall rating and worth?
    durant was given 85 million and he's gonna get bounced in rnd 2. ? brought low post scoring and more rebounding, which was a team need
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yea Durant is so overrated he averaged 30 points last season at the tender age of 21
    And rose will be the youngest to win an MVP in NBA history. Thoughts?
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thats the point.

Actually i still think it was a good move for the Bulls getting ? . He's doing exactly what the Bulls paid him to do, be the low post scoring power forward they have needed for years. And he didn't rob them like Joe Johnson and David Lee did Atlanta & Golden State
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I got him 2nd. He's trash to me

i wouldn't call him trash but he gets more praise than he deserves, his style of play fits the team, because all he has to do is run the offense without the burden of carrying the team offensively.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And rose will be the youngest to win an MVP in NBA history. Thoughts?

What does that have to do with Durant being overrated? They are both young stars in the league leading their teams. These threads are too be expected now since people expect so much from KD. Once Lebron began to have let down seasons, many people started calling him overrated. Once Kobe went on a ship-less streak the same for him. Rose will be next in a couple years when he doesn't have seasons like this one.
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    i wouldn't call him trash but he gets more praise than he deserves, his style of play fits the team, because all he has to do is run the offense without the burden of carrying the team offensively.

Not to defend Rondo cause I dont like his team, but you mentioned offense when talking about a pass first, pure point guard.

Thats like Jason Kidd in Dallas.

They are a dying breed.

What you referring to is Westbrooks and Roses and Williams and these guys.. who are expected to score too, combo like guards.

I dont know if you comparing Rondo to these guys and calling him overrated based off that.

They are different players though.

Plus Celtics arent 2 deep at that position Delonte West isnt exaclty a point guard.

Rondo runs plays without Doc's consent majority of the 48 minutes.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lets be real here. He's 6'10" and gets locked up routinely by 6'4" shooting guards.

how can the leading scorer in the nba get "locked up routinely"??
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    how can the leading scorer in the nba get "locked up routinely"??

AHAHAHAHHAHHA this making me laugh for some reason.

Good post
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    all ive heard from many folks is hes one of if not the best scorer in the league

thats not true?
This discussion has been closed.