what if the slaves brought to America......

Options
zoepian
zoepian Members Posts: 991
edited April 2011 in The Social Lounge
what if the AFRICANS brought to America were brought here as equals, and were able to recieve the same education, privileges, as well as political accessibilities? how do u think america would be today?

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They wouldnt be slaves.
  • zoepian
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol.. u know wat i meant fool.. the Africans.. lol.. u must be somewhat smart
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2011
    Options
    zoepian wrote: »
    lol.. u know wat i meant fool.. the Africans.. lol.. u must be somewhat smart

ok why would they need to be brought then?
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lmao lmao...............
  • zoepian
    edited April 2011
    Options
    say they were invited by the europeans.... ? on here always tryna take ? literally.. u undertsand the question, but u prefer be lawyers about it..
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2011
    Options
    say they were invited by the europeans.... ? on here always tryna take ? literally.. U undertsand the question, but u prefer be lawyers about it..
    huh..............

_tyrone20biggums.jpg?__squarespace_cacheversion=1246602808081
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They wouldnt be slaves.

lol lol lol,thread closure on the second post smh
  • zoepian
    edited April 2011
    Options
    huh..............

_tyrone20biggums.jpg?__squarespace_cacheversion=1246602808081

use the word u think fits best...
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They wouldnt be slaves.
    Basically.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I guess you don't know your history. The first blacks on these shores were free men or here via indentured servitude and it remained that way for quite some time.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    "What if the slaves weren't slaves?"
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I guess you don't know your history. The first blacks on these shores were free men or here via indentured servitude and it remained that way for quite some time.

Pedro Nino
  • zoepian
    edited April 2011
    Options

ayt, but indentured servitude isnt equality... wat if they were able to come on the same level as the europeans? as far as education and wat not..
  • zoepian
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pedro Nino

wat the ? that mean? u tryna say pobre nino??? or is pedro ur homeboy?
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Black American culture as we know it would have never been developed. Rock, pop and American music in general would be completely different and not as influential (throughout the world).
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

"They came before Columbus"
    Huruma wrote: »
    The Black American culture as we know it would have never been developed. Rock, pop and American music in general would be completely different and not as influential (throughout the world).

Please shut up.
  • Huruma
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    this.

also America would probably be doing much worse economically. They were the richest country for a very long time because they were getting their labor done for free. Without slavery, the average american life would be a lot less comfortable.

America was built on the sweat of black folk. White ppl dont wanna admit it tho.

I think this only applies to the South and they were crippled economically when the North won and freed the slaves.
    Please shut up.

What do you disagree with?
  • zoepian
    edited April 2011
    Options

most likely... the whole world would be different imo... and america would be more socially diverse.. wouldnt be racism and all the other ? that coems wit it... the 1st black president wouldnt be Obama.. life jus wouldnt be so hard... for anybody..
  • zoepian
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this.

also America would probably be doing much worse economically. They were the richest country for a very long time because they were getting their labor done for free. Without slavery, the average american life would be a lot less comfortable.

America was built on the sweat of black folk. White ppl dont wanna admit it tho.

i can understand that.. but they would prolly have other strategies to build the country.. and all races would have to put work in... hopefully there still wouldnt be a race or fight for power... yet diving the people regardless...
  • H-Rap 180
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i can understand that.. but they would prolly have other strategies to build the country.. and all races would have to put work in... hopefully there still wouldnt be a race or fight for power... yet diving the people regardless...

The question you posed is some romantic ? and Imma tell you why:

No culture on the face of the earth has been able to live side-by-side with the Europeon in peace.

It is in his nature to oppress and exploit, and he cant help shedding the Blood of people with color..history teaches us this.
    I think this only applies to the South and they were crippled economically when the North won and freed the slaves.

What do you disagree with?

Just jokin' with you but seriously "entertainment" was the first thing that popped in your head?? LOL.
  • Huruma
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The question you posed is some romantic ? and Imma tell you why:

No culture on the face of the earth has been able to live side-by-side with the Europeon in peace.

It is in his nature to oppress and exploit, and he cant help shedding the Blood of people with color..history teaches us this.

Dominant cultures have always subjugated the weaker, more vulnerable cultures, there's nothing special about Europeans. They just had the technological means to conquer the world. The Zulu would have probably done the same if they could.

Just jokin' with you but seriously "entertainment" was the first thing that popped in your head?? LOL.

I see your point.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this.

are you saying that during slavery that america was the richest nation in the world?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what if the AFRICANS brought to America were brought here as equals, and were able to recieve the same education, privileges, as well as political accessibilities? how do u think america would be today?

Actually this kinda sorta happened. You have to remember, not every black person in America was a slave, there were a lot of freed blacks in America. Also if you would want to get a picture of what things would've been like for blacks in America, study Reconstruction. I think it's fair to say that ? made more progress during Reconstruction, then they did following the Civil Rights Movement. If blacks were allowed to progress and assimiliate at the rate they did following Reconstruction, then we probably wouldn't have a lot of the racial and socitial problems we have now.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dominant cultures have always subjugated the weaker, more vulnerable cultures, there's nothing special about Europeans. They just had the technological means to conquer the world. The Zulu would have probably done the same if they could.
    I see your point.

What culture has lived in peace with the Europeon??
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Chinese fought a few conflict against Britain and the Dutch. The Boxer rebellion for example.

However humans as a whole are violent. Almost all cultures on the planet fight wars with other cultures they come into contact. The Europeans were the most effective at warfare and became dominate over the last few centuries.