Biggest Disappointments in TV: (2010-2011)

Options
MAKAVELI25
MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Not just shows you didn't like, also shows you DID like that were cancelled.

"The Cape"- I had a lot of hope for this series. Bad acting, horribly thought out storylines, and bad character development led to one of the biggest mishaps of television history.

LoneStar- One of the BEST SHOWS I'VE EVER SEEN. Smh @ a quality show like this getting cancelled in 4- episodes and pieces of ? like "How I met your mother" running for like 7 seasons. This show had the potential to be GOAT. I blame the stupidity of the TV audience forthis being cancelled.

Terriers- See Lonestar

The Paul Reiser show- I know it's only been two episodes, but this show is bad. I mean... REALLY, REALLY bad.

Comments

• kakihara
    kakihara Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Unusuals - good cop show on ABC, but junk got cancelled. Such a shame because it wasn't the usual run of the mill cop show.
    24 - didn't watch the last season, but still sad to see it go. Then again I think the season before last it started to go down hill.
    Arrested Development - very good show, should have never been cancelled
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I’m mad about ‘Terriers’ also. I can’t even bring myself to delete it from my DVR playlist.

Will Britt go to prison, or Mexico? I need a season 2!!!!!!
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    kakihara wrote: »
    The Unusuals - good cop show on ABC, but junk got cancelled. Such a shame because it wasn't the usual run of the mill cop show.
    24 - didn't watch the last season, but still sad to see it go. Then again I think the season before last it started to go down hill.

It had one more good season...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Friday Night Lights, I ? loved that show.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If they cancelled Detroit 187...and NBC is swinging and missing with these comedies.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    NBC is so prone to major ? ups.

All that jay leno/conan ? .

What the ? was the XFL?

Why cut Southland and Friday Night Lights?
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Will Farrell on the office
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    kakihara wrote: »

luckily a movie has been confirmed

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901469/
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Stargate Universe, Dark Blue, Better Off Ted & Lights Out being cancelled. Mostly, Sarah Connor Chronicles getting cancelled though.

And the Dead Like Me tv movie being garbage. Should've just left it alone.
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The cast in the final season of 24 was wack as ? and I'm a die hard fan.

I can't wait for the movie now. I think theyre bringing back Tony Almeida!!
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    LoneStar- One of the BEST SHOWS I'VE EVER SEEN. Smh @ a quality show like this getting cancelled in 4- episodes and pieces of ? like "How I met your mother" running for like 7 seasons. This show had the potential to be GOAT. I blame the stupidity of the TV audience forthis being cancelled.

Lights' Out fits this mold perfectly. SMH @ "The Game" getting higher ratings in this in the Tuesday 10 PM time lot when this was CLEARLY the better show.

? .
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lights' Out fits this mold perfectly. SMH @ "The Game" getting higher ratings in this in the Tuesday 10 PM time lot when this was CLEARLY the better show.

? .

Eh, I watched every episode of "Lights Out". I agree it was a Good show, but nothing memorable. I would have forgotten about it within a year after it was canceled. Also, i gotta say...

Burn Notice was one of my favorite shows for a LOOOONG time. But it has recently descended in to a formulaic production. That ? has 2 more seasons, max. Just not interesting anymore. The first season is still awesome though.
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Kings and Heroes. Naturally NBC managed to bungle two great shows and The Cape because it was just simply ridiculous and had failure written all over it.
  • greatgodman
    greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Not just shows you didn't like, also shows you DID like that were cancelled.

"The Cape"- I had a lot of hope for this series. Bad acting, horribly thought out storylines, and bad character development led to one of the biggest mishaps of television history.

Terriers- See Lonestar

The Paul Reiser show- I know it's only been two episodes, but this show is bad. I mean... REALLY, REALLY bad.
    that show got cancels. wtf. that ? was awesome.
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That ? Grey's Anatomy musical episode. I cringe thinking about it.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I thought this season of Entourage could have been better.