Resident Evil 6 will be "totally different"

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllGaming
The next full entry in the Resident Evil series will see the franchise getting a comprehensive makeover, Capcom has revealed.

Masachika Kawata, currently producer of Resident Evil: Raccoon City, told Spanish site MarcaPlayer (as translated by Rely on Horror) that Resident Evil 6 will bare precious few similarities to Resident Evil 5.

"The series will see a complete renovation with the next entry on every level," he promised. "But we can't forget about all the previous entries that have led to the creation of many possibilities for the franchise.

"I can't say if we're going to make it survival horror or a shooter, but I can say that it'll be totally new."

Resident Evil 5 launched on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2009, picking up a muted 7/10 from Eurogamer.

"Bereft of puzzle and exploration, Capcom has instead pointed both barrels at the action element in the hope that the masses will warm to it," wrote Kristan Reed.

"Thanks to the game's stubborn loyalty to stop-and-shoot, the result is distinctive, but with suspect partner AI to contend with, this is a game that only truly comes into its own with a friend who's up for a challenge."

Capcom has made no formal announcement regarding when we see might Resident Evil 6, or on what platform it might appear, though it does have a raft of confirmed franchise titles in the works.

The 3DS is getting Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D and Resident Evil: Revelations, while PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 are due Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. On top of all that, HD versions of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica are heading to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade later this year.

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hopefully because Sheva ? my whole experience with 5 up. Just made the game extra difficult
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Gears of War with zombies lol

lol I know they gonna make you run and shoot now since ppl new to RE complained about it
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Hopefully because Sheva ? my whole experience with 5 up. Just made the game extra difficult

nah i thought 5 was easy as ? . i think in this day and age they need to make it were we can move and shooy at the same time.they had the same control scheme for like over 15 years and ? .
  • ShencotheMC
    edited April 2011
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    nah i thought 5 was easy as ? . i think in this day and age they need to make it were we can move and shooy at the same time.they had the same control scheme for like over 15 years and ? .

Idk how, that ? ? my whole steelo up in that game.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Great just Great
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Idk how, that ? ? my whole steelo up in that game.

damn lol she stayed the ? outta my way.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sheva was good for co-op. SP wise, she just wasted ammo
  • ShencotheMC
    edited April 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Sheva was good for co-op. SP wise, she just wasted ammo

Exactly. Letting off 80 shots into one ? . No ? you see me knifing and hooking this dude outta shoes and socks don't you? Plus when going up against them chainsaw ? she kept getting killed. I'm out here hitting dip moves on the ? and every time I pull some ? out you catching the saw to your neck. When I said " come on" it meant MOVE WITH ME!
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dont care what anyone says, RE5, with a human co-op parter, is one the best online games out there. All the little touches like being able to keep all your weapons, upgrades and gear through every playthrough made it ? to me. It leaned more towards action than RE's traditional horror vibe and wasnt nearly as good as RE4 but its pretty dope on its own merit when playing cooperatively.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    I dont care what anyone says, RE5, with a human co-op parter, is one the best online games out there. All the little touches like being able to keep all your weapons, upgrades and gear through every playthrough made it ? to me. It leaned more towards action than RE's traditional horror vibe and wasnt nearly as good as RE4 but its pretty dope on its own merit when playing cooperatively.

• louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    sheva was annoying but overall, RE5 is still the best, if they follow the blueprint of RE5, this game gonna be hit.....
  • stoneface
    edited April 2011
    Options
    RE5 was easy as hell with co-op on the regular mode. It was a nice challenge on the harder mode though.

I want the next one to be single player though.. I'm also a fan of the stop and shoot thing.
    Yeah, I dont get why peeps complain about that ? . Thats one of the things that makes Resident Evil, Resident Evil.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited April 2011
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    sheva was annoying but overall, RE5 is still the best, if they follow the blueprint of RE5, this game gonna be hit.....

False! That title belongs to Leon Kennedy and RE4 for the Gamecube
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I dont get why peeps complain about that ? . Thats one of the things that makes Resident Evil, Resident Evil.

Co-sign........I have no problem with it
  • ShencotheMC
    edited April 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Co-sign........I have no problem with it

Co-sign just makes the game challenging since it kinda makes the game actually challenging with all them ? coming at you and ish
  • stoneface
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Co-sign just makes the game challenging since it kinda makes the game actually challenging with all them ? coming at you and ish
    It also adds intensity and a sense of panic. The devs knew what they were doing, but ignorant ass people act like that ? a game design flaw when it was obviously deliberate.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    False! That title belongs to Leon Kennedy and RE4 for the Gamecube

Nope,RE2 is still the best.A remake would destroy RE4 which started the downfall.RE4 was a good action game,not a survival horror game.The problem is that Crapcom ran away the creators of RE1 and RE2.These new developers don't know what they are doing.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited April 2011
    Options

The complaint is that the game is more action based with more enemies and fast zombies WTF and you can not move faster (like people can in real life) and you can not side step or move while shooting.That does not make sense and makes the controls TANK feeling and outdated.They need to adapt what Dead Space is doing because it ? on RE with the controls and atmosphere.Overall the whole franchise is dry and in dire need of some new characters,plot and evil corporation.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Nope,RE2 is still the best.A remake would destroy RE4 which started the downfall.RE4 was a good action game,not a survival horror game.The problem is that Crapcom ran away the creators of RE1 and RE2.These new developers don't know what they are doing.

You're an idiot my dude. Between this and saying Nintendo didn't have the resources to make a high-tech system I don't know how anyone could consider you intelligent
  • stoneface
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The complaint is that the game is more action based with more enemies and fast zombies WTF and you can not move faster (like people can in real life) and you can not side step or move while shooting.That does not make sense and makes the controls TANK feeling and outdated.They need to adapt what Dead Space is doing because it ? on RE with the controls and atmosphere.Overall the whole franchise is dry and in dire need of some new characters,plot and evil corporation.

I, and im sure many others had no problem beatin the ? outta that game with the given controls, fast zombies and all. Maybe its cause i play the old ones a lot, I just dont have an issue with it.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You're an idiot my dude. Between this and saying Nintendo didn't have the resources to make a high-tech system I don't know how anyone could consider you intelligent

Your mother is an idiot for not swalling you ? .Nintendo do not have the resources IE understanding of how to utilize high technology.The Wii is an example of them settling for less and the 3DS isn't even 3D (played that ? in the store) and adds nothing at all besides the fake 3D imagery from the standard DS.I did not know gaming taste had anything to do with intelligence genius.I was being sarcastic with the genius part.The Dragon's Lair? I think you mean the ? 's Lair.ROFL,? out of here ...you just another hurt Nintendo groupie.I should not even respond to you,you are irrelevant here just as your are in Donkey and GNS.Over 6,000 posts and the only one that is credible is the one here where you quoted me.
    I, and im sure many others had no problem beatin the ? outta that game with the given controls, fast zombies and all. Maybe its cause i play the old ones a lot, I just dont have an issue with it.

I can understand that,but I found the controls to be archaic.RE4 was a solid game though,RE5 not so much.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Your mother is an idiot for not swalling you ? .Nintendo do not have the resources IE understanding of how to utilize high technology.The Wii is an example of them settling for less and the 3DS isn't even 3D (played that ? in the store) and adds nothing at all besides the fake 3D imagery from the standard DS.I did not know gaming taste had anything to do with intelligence genius.I was being sarcastic with the genius part.The Dragon's Lair? I think you mean the ? 's Lair.ROFL,? out of here ...you just another hurt Nintendo groupie.I should not even respond to you,you are irrelevant here just as your are in Donkey and GNS.Over 6,000 posts and the only one that is credible is the one here where you quoted me.

OH EM GEE. I am sonned
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Co sign Sheva...I tried killing that ? myself...SMH... eveytime id call her over its: "I cant right now" in that wack ass accent she had. I agree with the post that said bring it back to single player. Plus i want it to be more SURVIVAL HORROR than RUN & SHOOT... but i guess the key is balance... RE 5 was dope but it was a step or 2 below classic for me. It had it some oh ? moments and times where i was strugglin to find ammmo and or health..but overall it wasnt that hard to beat....
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

You're right about it being a great co-op experience but this ? was not RE material. It literally felt like some action game spin-off. They need to bring back the horror elements into the game and not just have goofy looking monsters and stupid as ? stories.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Gotta disagree with you there. RE4 is one of the best RE and the original creator of pt 2 did work on 4 fyi