The Last Guardian, Team ICO Collection Delayed

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllGaming
Both games likely pushed into 2012.

SCEA tonight confirmed it has delayed the release of The Last Guardian and Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection for PlayStation 3. Both titles were originally scheduled for release this year -- Spring 2011 for the Collection and Holiday 2011 for The Last Guardian.

New release dates have not been announced; though it seems unlikely both titles will hit this year. Game designer Fumito Ueda issued this statement on the PlayStation Blog:
I announced at last year's Tokyo Game Show that the release timing of The Last Guardian which is currently being developed would be holiday 2011.

However, to provide more challenging and better quality of content to users and to fulfill First Party Studio's obligations, I decided to postpone its release timing.

All the members of my production team are working together at a fast pace to develop and release the game in First Party Studio quality.

I sincerely apologize to all the customers who have been waiting for "The Last Guardian" for so long, but I beg for your patience. I will also announce the new release timing at a later time.

Comments