? of War 4 out September 2012 – report

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllGaming
? of War 4 will launch in September 2012, a UK game magazine has claimed.

PSM3 (via CVG) attributed its information to a source who "works closely with the ? of War universe".

Last month a job advertisement suggested developer Sony Santa Monica might implement multiplayer into the ? of War series.

? of War III launched early last year as a visual showcase for the PlayStation 3.

Sony Santa Monica has said it did not mark the end of the action-packed blockbuster series.

"This is not the end of ? of War," studio boss John Hight said. "This is definitely the end of the trilogy, but we're [going to] continue to do ? of War games.

"We're [going to] be very careful about what we do. We're the keepers of the franchise and we don't want to see it ruined or polluted."

The PlayStation 3 exclusive enjoyed a 9/10 in Eurogamer's ? of War III review, in which Christian Donlan wrote: "There are no branching paths, no complex decisions, and no multiplayer modes, but this particular game is all the better for it, since the results are rich and focused rather than drawn-out and a little ragged."

Comments

• [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    aww man..this better happen.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    day 1 .......................
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol I played all 3 of em,great fan of the series, first day cop no doubt

I'm guessing the main character will be kratos brother now?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Kratos aint dead^^^
  • Alkindus
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol I know he died and came back from the dead in every game but are we going against athena etc now? with the ending in part 3 I dont know how we can still boogy with kratos
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alkindus
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    this ? destroyed the ? WORLD!!!
    what the ? else is left?

hope;)

• joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol lol..........I can't believe they never brought up the story about his brother - not Hercules and Perseus, the one that was mentioned in GOW1 extras.

Besides, even though he died in GOW3, there was still a PSP game after
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? dat whats up wit devil may cry?
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ice_cold wrote: »
    ? dat whats up wit devil may cry?

Justin Bieber is playing Dante now
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    lol lol..........I can't believe they never brought up the story about his brother - not Hercules and Perseus, the one that was mentioned in GOW1 extras.

That happened before GOW 3. Honestly, they might have to get more creative on the move list since this isn't part of the trilogy because the standard GOW fight moves (to me) are getting old.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That happened before GOW 3. Honestly, they might have to get more creative on the move list since this isn't part of the trilogy because the standard GOW fight moves (to me) are getting old.

oh ok.........haven't played it yet.
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Ghost of sparda goes into alot of detail about his brother i know alot of don't care for psp but that game is awesome
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I got GoW3 opening night at midnight and SMMFH I haven't even finished it, I got stuck and mad so I stopped there and that was that LMAO and I have the GoWC and I haven't even finished that either LMAO.

BUT I'm going to do so soon, I will play GoW4 and I'm interested in whats going to be the story line.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Smh, not this game again...? need to be put to bed
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I got GoW3 opening night at midnight and SMMFH I haven't even finished it, I got stuck and mad so I stopped there and that was that LMAO and I have the GoWC and I haven't even finished that either LMAO.

BUT I'm going to do so soon, I will play GoW4 and I'm interested in whats going to be the story line.

lol same thing happened to me took me like a month or 2 to cool off and finish the game
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    yeah, we need DMC5, we need to know what the ? is up with virgil...

Virgil lost to Mundus and became Nelo Angelo, most likely stuck in the underworld somewhere