PSP Go is Dead

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllGaming
Report confirms the handheld has been put to rest.
April 20, 2011

Sony Japan confirmed it has ceased production of the PSP Go and that all future sales will be limited to current stock.

A Japanese report from Phileweb (translated by Andriasang) says the company has formally announced it is ending production of the digital-only handheld, confirming a rumor that surfaced yesterday from an alleged Sony Store employee.

The PSP Go first launched in 2009 for $250. IGN has contacted SCEA for a statement and will update this story if we hear back.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/116/1162913p1.html

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    When does the knew one drop?

If only we NEW? :p
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ive never even seen a PSP Go , Im not into handhelds but I thought they had a PSP2 or whatever they calling it?
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? was doomed anyway. too expensive for a digital only system
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It was dead on arrival. Only PSP die hards and idiots thought it would be a success/a good investment.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's why I know Digital Download isn't going to take over anytime soon.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    if sony included a digital download code along with a umd purchase or even a device to convert your umd's to be playable [legally] PSPgo, might not of failed so miserably.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I like it. I didnt already own a regular one or any disc games and im not big on trading games in aka getting ? out of 75% of what I paid for a game by stores like Lamestop so they could resell it for double or more what they gave me for it and being tricked into thinking im saving money by giving them $120 worth of product for one game, so I could care less about UMDs. Its 16 gigs out the box but upgradable to 32 gigs for relatively cheap so it can hold a lot of content and I only download games I know are good so I dont rip myself off. I do understand the stupidity of buying one if you already owned a regular PSP and a bunch of UMDS, though, unless money just aint a thang to you.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    smh @ anyine who bought that ? . i went and copped a GOW ghost of spart edition psp and i hardly play that.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The PSP Go was a bad purchase from day 1, people were crying out for nub #2 but there goes Sony again, not listening to what people want and so it failed an failed hard. Biggest wackness about it was if you wanted legit games, you bought through the store and TOP ? DOLLAR. Games in the store going for $5-$10 were $30 on the PSN. If you bought one of these you are a sucker. Best thing you can do right now is seal it up in a box for 20 years and sell it as a collectors item in the future.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    anduin wrote: »
    The PSP Go was a bad purchase from day 1, people were crying out for nub #2 but there goes Sony again, not listening to what people want and so it failed an failed hard. Biggest wackness about it was if you wanted legit games, you bought through the store and TOP ? DOLLAR. Games in the store going for $5-$10 were $30 on the PSN. If you bought one of these you are a sucker. Best thing you can do right now is seal it up in a box for 20 years and sell it as a collectors item in the future.

LOL and SMDH...prices drop left and right on the PS Store, U serious? Name me one game that currently goes for $5 or $10 but is $30 in the PS Store. Enlighten me.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    LOL and SMDH...prices drop left and right on the PS Store, U serious? Name me one game that currently goes for $5 or $10 but is $30 in the PS Store. Enlighten me.

I don't know about $5 or $10, but most games sold on PSN are cheaper in stores. It's usually cheaper by like $10; A lot of the $29.99 games can be found in stores for at least $19.99
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't know about $5 or $10, but most games sold on PSN are cheaper in stores. It's usually cheaper by like $10; A lot of the $29.99 games can be found in stores for at least $19.99

yup, also seen them cheaper on ebay and amazon too. ? was doomed from the start.